MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > MILITARY VEHICLES > The Softskin Forum

Notices

Old 30-04-04, 07:58

Default Maple Leaf Chev 30cwt GS (aust) scale model

Hi folk.

this is a pic of a 1/35 scale model I have made useing the Tamiya LRDG Chev as the base kit.

I fitted a GMC motor and built a Holden built cab and rear deck on it. Camo was done using information from Mike Kelly who probably moans every time I email him for info on trucks I am building.

On the model table are a Maple Leaf Chev fuel tanker (3ton, Aust) a 12cab F60L GS and a 13 cab (aust) ambulance. If folk are interested I will post pics of the others when finished.
Attached Thumbnails
chev 60 small image.jpg  
Old 03-05-04, 00:27
Dog Robber

Cliff:

Great Job!!!

I am not quite ready yet but it is interesting you posted the pic of your conversion just as I was preparing a listing of potential models to serve as platforms for just this sort of kitbashing.

I hope you will post more on this Chev and any other things you are working on. If you have not read a lot on this board, I own a HobbyTown USA franchise and have access to a lot of modelling resources/info.
Cheers
Bill
Old 03-05-04, 17:19
Fan of Lord Nuffield

Default Nice job

Great looking model . I had the chance to buy one of these trucks a few years back for almost nothing . The 18" tyres are always a problem though .

GMH must have had massive presses to make those rims .

Just to clarify things : The Maple Leaf and Chev were / are two distinct models , having different wheelbases etc.

I have a 1944 GMH data list here that lists the Maple Leaf in its own column , separate from Chevrolet .

Many people incorrectly call Chevs the Maple Leaf truck .

Mike
Old 03-05-04, 23:13

Mike, thank you for the information about Chev/Maple Leaf. I for one did not know they were two different lines of vehicles.

I am just starting to paint another one of these but a 3 ton fuel tanker. I will put some pics up when I have finished it.

Thanks for your comments
Cliff