MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > MILITARY VEHICLES > Post-war Military Vehicles

Notices

Old 30-10-23, 04:07
Andy

Default UNPROFOR CRTTZ Pod questions

We got this shelter 16 yrs ago for display but are now just getting around to working on it. It was tagged to go to Museum of the Regiments but the back and forth messages I found inside it showed that MotR didn't have room and it didn't fit within their collection parameters so...off to Crown Assets.

It was in the Former Yugoslavia, which is why I guess DND thought MotR should have it. Judging by the tac sign it went over with 1 R22e on Op HARMONY - probably on the initial roto for CANBAT I, or maybe the next time around for 1 R22e in the rotation. I don't know.

Does anyone know if stuff like this stayed deployed in FRY to be used by the next incoming roto (say RCR for example) or would it have rotated back to Canada with its using unit? I *think* this one was turned in by RCR when CRTTZ was retired but I can't find the paperwork now.

It had some fun stuff left behind on the ceiling and walls. Someone was testing out the stamp pad and you have 'FOR CANADIAN EYES ONLY', 'SECRET', 'RESTRICTED' etc. stamped on the ceiling, and a piece of paperwork taped up had the INMARSAT phone number for Visoko (guessing CANBAT II.) Someone also grease-pencilled a bunch of stuff on a mapboard surface which I've just discovered are various CFARS stations in Golan, Valcartier and Atlantic Canada. Quite the time capsule.

It looks like they upgraded this pod to use the newer KG-84A crypto vs. the old KW-7s -- but it *looks* like it deployed with the ancient teletypes vs. the more modern UGC-74s. Anyone know for sure?
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_2233.jpg   IMG_2236.jpg   IMG_2235.jpg   IMG_2227.jpg  
Old 30-10-23, 04:11
Andy

Ignore the ancient Chev crew cab. It's just a temporary mule. Pod will be installed on a Five-Quad ideally - or a CUCV pickup.