MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > 'B' ECHELON > The Sergeants' Mess

Notices

Old 28-11-12, 01:26

Default Deceased

I have been informed that MLU and OMVA member from Bancroft, Greg Anderson, passed away last night. Greg was an avid collector and restorer of all things military. He also had the largest watch collection I have ever seen. Before his retirement he was Bancroft's lawyer and if you had ocassion to be in his office you could view his gun collection on the wall, which was quite a thing in a law office. I am not sure of Greg's age but he went to school with my uncle who died last year at 80.
Barry

Every twenty minute job is one broken bolt away from a three day ordeal.
Old 28-11-12, 02:58
"Mr. Manual", sadly no longer with us

Default So Sad

Barry..My brother in law has a summer home in Coe Hill and all the brothers in laws (6 of them)and family's meet every year there around Warrior days..and have all been up to his place in Bancroft and seen all his watches..guns..and vehicles..his machine shop..paint booth ..body shop..engine bay ..office and 6 car storage building..and his 600 acre mountain playground..
Greg could do anything mechanical and did with his golden hands..weld ..paint ..body work..leather work..fabricate...He completely restored the 3"Mortar carrier except he farmed out the engine,althought he removed and reinstalled it by himself with his 8 year old grandsons(at the time,s help)
A very good friend and I'm sad to hear of his passing..his grandson ,who was the love of Greg's life ..has lost a great guiding and loving light..
RIP Greg we will miss you..Greg was pushing 80.....
Greg was a moving force behind Warrior days..we have all lost a great information and moving force in the military vehicle restoration hobby.
Alex Blair,Greg's friend

Last edited by Hanno Spoelstra; 29-11-12 at 08:48. Reason: formatting - please don't quote entire postings
Old 28-11-12, 13:00
"Mr. Manual", sadly no longer with us

Default Greg.O.Anderson..Obitutary..RIP.

I postt this with all due respect and condolences to Gregs family and especially to Brady ,whom I met and enjoyed his company at various Warrior Days functions..I am sure that Brady will carry on Greg's love of all green and rusty Military vehicles..
Alex Blair

Quote:
ANDERSON, Gregory Oswald -

Passed away on Sunday, November 25, 2012.

Greg Anderson, beloved husband of Barbara (Parliament) Anderson, loving father of Brent and doting grandfather of Brady, dear brother of Bob of Perth, Nancy Blaney of Kitchener and the late Jack and Lois.

Greg is also predeceased by his parents: Dr. Oswald Anderson and Sadie Brookbank.

Greg practised law in the town of Bancroft for 45 years and was an avid collector of watches, clocks, military vehicles and memorabilia and vintage vehicles.

A private graveside service will be held at a later date.

HastingsObituaries.com

Last edited by Hanno Spoelstra; 29-11-12 at 08:47. Reason: formatting
Old 29-11-12, 01:47

Here is a photo of Greg in his mortar carrier lining up for the Coe Hill parade.
Barry
Attached Thumbnails
Greg Anderson.jpg  

Every twenty minute job is one broken bolt away from a three day ordeal.
Old 29-11-12, 14:34

Greg will be missed , he has been a member of the Coe Hill event organizing group for a long time and always looked after the trail rides , these were always enjoyed by those that took part,I think the one thing that truly showed his mechanical talent was his handbuilt steam locamotive,
rest in peace Greg
Old 29-11-12, 18:04
MLU Administrator

Barry et al,

Sorry to hear your friend passed away. Please accept my condolences.

Regards,
Hanno