MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > MILITARY VEHICLES > The Softskin Forum

Notices

Old 20-09-12, 19:32

Default Questions to Dodge T-110 experts

Dear colleagues !

I have some questions about Dodge T-110 trucks:

1) What differences were between the Models T-110L-4, T-110L-5 and T-110L-6 ?
2) I think about the possibility to obtain such Manual on T-110L-6:

Who knows - how many pages have this Manual ? Is this Manual well-illustrated or poor-illustrated ?

Wait for the answers.

Regards,
Ed.
Attached Images

Old 20-09-12, 20:01

Default Little or no difference

The T110L series were all very similar. There was the D60L and D60S with long and short wheelbase, and the D60L(D) which was long wheelbase with dual rear wheels. I'm sure there was a tipper as well, on the short wheelbase chassis, and one variant had a two-speed rear axle.

The -4, -5, -6 suffix was just the production batch - I think they got up to about -8 or -9

Cab, chassis, running gear, transmission and engines all very similar with the variations above. Same engine found in the T222 D15 too
Old 25-09-12, 13:31

Default Series of dodge d60

Hello

At the origin DODGE T110 was an american truck used mainly by civilian customer; nevertheless canadian factories have to build this truck with modification following British military command. To agree with the use by british army , the trucks were modify with a right hand drive steering, two fuel tank (the additionnal on the right side under the body and a circular roof hatch for some).
As Gordon has explained there was two kinds of frame : the long frame for cargo and the short frame for tipper.
The name of the truck was changed from T110 to D60 (L for long wheel base and S for short wheelbase) (The letter D to make the difference with FORD (F60L) and CHEVROLET (ex C60L).
Among the long wheel base versions we have some difference
D60 L5 Single rear wheels with british wheels (8 nuts) and an EATON double speed at the differential (I think for desert use).
D60 L9 with double american style wheels at the rear and one speed at the rear differential
D60 L12 with double american style wheels at the rear and an EATON double speed at the differential
The body were all metallic or semi composite (wood and steel)

For the short wheel base
D60 L13 double wheels at the rear and Eaton differential with two speeds always with a tipper

I remember having seen short wheel base with single british wheels at the rear but I dont know the designation.

There was also the D60 L14 but only for civilian use and mainly using a stack and plate form body and also left hand drive.

A book would be wroten about these fabulous trucks.
Regards Serge
Old 25-09-12, 13:36

Default Manual of dodge t110 l6

I own these manual and it's a good manual with large amount of pictures and very good descriptions.
I have just seen that D60 L6 was the same that D60 L5 but I have not detected the difference with the D60 L5
Old 25-09-12, 19:21

Thank You, friends, for this nice information !

My special thanks to Serge for detailed explanations on subject. I think, now I can to buy this Manual.

Regards,
Ed.