MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > GENERAL WW2 TOPICS > Your Relatives

Notices

Old 11-05-08, 21:30
Paul

Default From the Canadian to the British Army

I have copied this from another Forum - anyone any ideas?

"I have been researching my grandfather's miltiary and intelligence career as of late. He was with the Canadian Army during the war on paper but some how became part of the British Army Intelligence in Osnabruck after the war. My father Guillaume was born in Osnabruck to my grandparent on January 8/1948. I was wondering how my granfather ended up in the British Army of the Rhine after being discharged from the Canadian Army. I have his discharge papers and he was let go from the Canadian Army for Demobilization on the 19th of June 1946 at Repat Depot in England. I have a telegram saying he was part of the 8/Area Intelligence Office CCG BAOR-10 annoucing the birth of my father. Could you provide me with any leads or perhaps an idea what he may have been up to in Germany after the war. I have heard things from my father about his disillusionment with some of the activities that he was involved in. This is only hear say. Any help would be greatly appreciated. His full name was Raymond William Freypons serial number U1519 Rank WOII(CSM) when he was discharged in England. Thanks for any help possible."

Paul.