MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > 'B' ECHELON > The Sergeants' Mess

Notices

Old 18-03-04, 22:10
Vets Dottir

Talking Off Topic Ha ha ha he ho ha

A girl Potato and boy Potato had eyes for each other, and finally they got married, and had a little sweet potato, which they called 'Yam.' Of course, they wanted the best for Yam.

When it was time, they told her about the facts of life. They warned her about going out and getting half-baked, so she wouldn't get accidentally mashed, and get a bad name for herself like 'Hot Potato,' and end up with a bunch of Tater Tots. Yam said not to worry, no Spud would get her into the sack and make a rotten potato out of her! But on the other hand she wouldn't stay home and become a Couch Potato either. She would get plenty of exercise and eat right so as not to be skinny like her Shoestring cousins.

When she went off to Europe, Mr. and Mrs. Potato told Yam to watch out for the hard-boiled guys from Ireland. And the greasy guys from France called the French Fries. And when she went out west, to watch out for the Natives so she wouldn't get scalloped.

Yam said she would stay on the straight and narrow and wouldn't associate with those high class Yukon Golds, or the ones from the other side of the tracks who advertise their trade on all the trucks that say, 'Frito Lay.'

Mr. and Mrs. Potato sent Yam to Idaho P.U. (that's Potato University) so that when she graduated she'd really be in the Chips. But in spite of all they did for her, one-day Yam came home and announced she was going to marry Tom Brokaw.

Tom Brokaw ?!?! Mr. and Mrs. Potato were very upset. They told Yam she couldn't possibly marry Tom Brokaw because he's just........................

Are you ready for this? .............................

OK! Here it is!..................... ........... A COMMON TATER!!
Old 19-03-04, 01:19
Art Johnson

Default That's a good one

Welcome back Carman, nice entrance.

Cheers

Art J.
Old 19-03-04, 02:20
"Mr. Manual", sadly no longer with us

Default Typical...

Carman...
I enjoyed that little story and spent many a night in the Sergeants Mess telling and listening to similar stories..Welcome Back...
Old 19-03-04, 02:53
Senior Forum Member

Thumbs up Re: Off Topic Ha ha ha he ho ha

Good one Carman

Cheers
Old 20-03-04, 06:38
Vets Dottir

Default dammmmm

I'm SO good!

Thanks dudes... nice to be HOME again and welcomed as such...

Glad you all got a good chuckle...

hugs from Yapski
Old 20-03-04, 13:34
Senior Forum Member

Default Re: dammmmm

Quote:
Originally posted by V_D
I'm SO good!

Thanks dudes... nice to be HOME again and welcomed as such...

Glad you all got a good chuckle...

hugs from Yapski
Don't let it go to your head....................just joking.....
Old 23-03-04, 02:26
Vets Dottir

Default Potatoes

Potatoes are my SOUL food... love 'em lots and done every way! Must have a little Irish in me after all... when I'm moved to Winterpeg by the weekend I'll start looking in the phone book for addresses and numbers where to look for geneology and other research things!

Little Black Devils ... here's comes Yappy! Duck
Old 23-03-04, 02:40
Senior Forum Member

Question Re: Moving to 'Whip-an-egg'

So....your moving to Winnipeg......hmmmm....thats close....maybe its time I thought about moving EAST....lets say....Nova Scotia....nope, been there, done that... maybe Scotland, I have relatives there....nope, they are all probably passed on now, so that won't do.....I know.....Norway, been there, done that and I liked it......Norway it is than......just have to convince the BOSS LADY....I know, I'll tell her there is BIG TROUBLE coming from the WEST.. or maybe LITTLE TROUBLE coming from the West.......... I'll have to think about this one........

Cheers
Old 23-03-04, 02:50
Vets Dottir

Default Re: Re: Moving to 'Whip-an-egg'

Quote:
Originally posted by Mark W. Tonner
So....your moving to Winnipeg......hmmmm....thats close....maybe its time I thought about moving EAST....lets say....Nova Scotia....nope, been there, done that... maybe Scotland, I have relatives there....nope, they are all probably passed on now, so that won't do.....I know.....Norway, been there, done that and I liked it......Norway it is than......just have to convince the BOSS LADY....I know, I'll tell her there is BIG TROUBLE coming from the WEST.. or maybe LITTLE TROUBLE coming from the West.......... I'll have to think about this one........

Cheers
(Hey GEOFF ... how can I make this little tongue sticker outer icon
B I G G E R Mark deserves the EXTRA effort!

PS: Hey Mark ... I thought those dour Scots reminded me of someone. You didn't tell me you're their brother! or is it FATHER old timer?

Whoopee ... By Friday my relatives will be singing that Marty Robbins tune..."Tonite Karmen's Comin' Back Home" ... and they'll be GLAD, unlike some sourgrapes Mark the Hairy Scot ... watch it buster ... it really IS closer to London ... ONTARIO!

Probably close enough to make the June CMP Event and bring those pans for FRYDAY!

ta ta