MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > 'B' ECHELON > The Sergeants' Mess

Notices

Old 26-11-07, 00:06
Vets Dottir 2nd

Smile Roll Call ... How's You All

Hello MLU-ers,

I tried starting this thread the other day but when I hit send it poofed off into cyberland ... I think the God's got the message, but none of you did and was too done in to retype it all out again!!! God hasn't answered me yet ... I don't think, but then again, I think I'm a little deaf sometimes. Must be because of all the noise from you guysand gals in here. You all talk all the time

Well ... how do you do? I haven't been very active online and or posting/keeping in touch with folks for some time, but I'm still here and still part of the family (I think ) I've been wondering how everyone has been doing and what's been happening.

Nothing much on my end except trying to adjust to getting off the many meds I've been on, tapering one/two in particular that causes flaring (and other stuff) to taper so not in good typing mode lately, hence part of the reason for my UN-Yappiness as of late and I mention in case people wondering why they aren't hearing from me lately ... so there! I'm not ignoring anyone ... just not able to talk/type much most times.

Other than that, leading a very quiet life and will do that over the holidays on my own here as well. Weather has been hitting as low as -14 at times and we've only had one dump of snow so far this year (that I've noticed and it melted off the same day, but it's coming, I'm sure)

Well ... that's all I can think of to say at the moment ... except, how have you all been and what's up with you all?

Thinking of you all,

Ma Yappy
Old 26-11-07, 02:13
Film maker, CMP addict

Default In a CMP sense?

Well quite busy actually! Working alternately on the F15, C60S and FGT.

Also busy hanging out of old aeroplanes too.

Glad to see your post, Yapster and please keep 'em coming.

I trust the changes to the meds won't be too troublesome.

42 FGT No8 (Aust) remains
42 FGT No9 (Aust)
42 F15
Keith Webb
Macleod, Victoria Australia
Also Canadian Military Pattern Vehicles group on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/groups/canadianmilitarypattern
Old 26-11-07, 02:37
Pops

Default at Yass

were still makin hay
Kathy paintin the house
it's been rainin a bit
and the wether is hottin up
Old 26-11-07, 02:48
Vets Dottir 2nd

Default Re: at Yass

Quote:
Originally posted by Max Hedges
were still makin hay
Hmmmm ... that what ya call it? Better watch it then, thats how little straw people are made and you're too old for that ... right?

When we finally get our huge dump of snow I'll send some by flying buffalo to you folks over the pond ... by the time it reaches there it will be rain!

KEEFY ... I take it you were wearing your seatbelt as you are still here to talk about hanging out of that old plane again ...

Meds? What meds? ... it ain't easy but I want to be emancipated from all that stuff and I guess a bit of rough ride on the way to emancipation is the tradeoff Wish me freedom will ya! Thanks

Ma
Old 26-11-07, 03:51
Film maker, CMP addict

Default Freedom

FREEDOM!

42 FGT No8 (Aust) remains
42 FGT No9 (Aust)
42 F15
Keith Webb
Macleod, Victoria Australia
Also Canadian Military Pattern Vehicles group on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/groups/canadianmilitarypattern
Old 26-11-07, 05:34
Pops

Default hmmmmmmmm

you mean like when we put the rams out
Old 26-11-07, 06:12

Hello there your Yappyness :witch

It is nice to hear your voice...er I mean typing! Glad to know you are still there to throw that skillet around occassionally when I get outta line.

My dear I know it ain't easy to do without meds and I sure hope that you are wrapped up and warm in spite of the cold.

Take Care
Cliff

"and on the 8th day he made trucks so that man, made on the 7th day, had shelter when woman threw him out for the night"
MrRoo says "TRUCKS ROOLE"
Old 26-11-07, 06:33
Vets Dottir 2nd

Default Re: hmmmmmmmm

Quote:
Originally posted by Max Hedges
you mean like when we put the rams out
Hmmmmm ... did they make lamb chops then?

And if you and Kathy are making hay, does that mean you are making baby scarecrows in the process too? :witch
Old 26-11-07, 06:43
Vets Dottir 2nd

Quote:
Originally posted by cliff
Hello there your Yappyness :witch

It is nice to hear your voice...er I mean typing! Glad to know you are still there to throw that skillet around occassionally when I get outta line.

My dear I know it ain't easy to do without meds and I sure hope that you are wrapped up and warm in spite of the cold.

Take Care
Cliff
Why thank you, kind sir! I'm most well pleased to know that you are happy to serve as one of my targets (that's what I like, happy compliance ) as I really have been getting out of practice, you see. So much so, in fact, that I actually went out and bought a cast iron skillet a couple of months ago, a cheap one, but with a couple of good seasonings in the oven (after popping pills long enough to be able to lift it in and out) nothing sticks to it (... not even you or other MLU-ers so it's also easy to clean up after use)

Psssssssssssssst ... SUNRAY ... I NEVER burn my eggs in it and they don't stick ... so there!

Staying snug as a bug in my wee warm and toasty apartment ... and tapering a day or every other day at a time until I get it right ... meanwhile, I beg the right to whinge and fling frying pans during the process, as and when needed ... don't worry, I won't kill anybody ... will just dent folks a bit to take the edge off my transient moments of crankiness.

Next .............

Old 26-11-07, 06:58

Talking

great to have you back ma yappy,you was missed!
Old 26-11-07, 07:36
Vets Dottir 2nd

Quote:
Originally posted by Ken Hughes
great to have you back ma yappy,you was missed!
My pleasure ... totally

(I surprize myself with my snappy yappiness all over the place today ... maybe it will last long enough to pick up the phone and start calling family to touch base ... it's been a while
and yeah, I've missed folks too ... but missing folks is always something I enjoy because it shows me I care about them and missing them is a pleasure. Does that make sense? (now I've given you all a RARE chance after ALL these years, to miss me? Does that not make you all well-pleased with me? )

Ma YAPPY (good lord ... almost 2008 ... HOW MANY YEARS have I been picked on in this joint anyways? YIKES! No wonder I needed a timeout )