MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > 'B' ECHELON > The Sergeants' Mess

Notices

Old 26-10-21, 13:31
No1, Mk 2** (I'm back!)

Default If you have to ask the price, ...

... then you couldn't afford it.

This luxury Sydney waterfront property is currently for sale. It has what every waterfront home needs; a Torpedo Room! Of course! If I had a waterfront property, I would definitely want to make sure it's fully equipped with plenty of torpedoes.

It's no longer enough to have both an indoor AND an outdoor swimming pool. It's not enough to have an indoor bowling alley. A 2000 bottle wine cellar is so 20th century, Dahling! It doesn't cut to have 3 elevators in your 6 floor home. No Sir-ee! Must have a Torpedo Room to stand out from the crowd.

https://www.realestate.com.au/proper...neer-136780650

Heh-heh! I bet they can't fit a CMP in that underground carpark. Suckers!
Attached Thumbnails
Mk48 Torpedo.jpg  
Old 26-10-21, 14:36

Default Price

They quote a suburb median of $3,360,000 and claim to greatly exceed the standards of the suburb, so....
Based on https://www.google.com/maps/place/32...!4d151.1366614 the neighbours are building, probably feeling outdone.

Clearly out of my league... even if I were to win a lottery (or two). Besides, there's nowhere to off-road trial a CMP.
Old 26-10-21, 15:00
carrier mech

Something tells me the neighbors would not be amicable towards sandblasting, welding, painting, hammering, and other restoration necessities in that backyard. Not for me.

It lists monthly payments at $16,000. I guess if I was diagnosed with something terminal, I could sell this place and live there for the remaining year of my life. Or I could buckle down and try to get as many of my projects done as possible...maybe even bring home some new ones to fill the bucket list.
Old 07-11-21, 18:35
No1, Mk 2** (I'm back!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant Bowker View Post
They quote a suburb median of $3,360,000 and claim to greatly exceed the standards of the suburb, so....

Clearly out of my league... even if I were to win a lottery (or two).
Mine, too. But Chris Hemsworth is showing an interest in Torpedoes. I know some prices of historic militaria are reaching record levels, but who knew Mk48 Torpedoes were so expensive?
Attached Thumbnails
20211106_094353.jpg