MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > GENERAL WW2 TOPICS > WW2 Military History & Equipment

Notices

Old 05-04-19, 19:39

Default Modification Instructions

I am wondering if anyone can provide some insight into how modifications to existing equipment are dealt with in the Military?

My thought process is that a given piece of equipment comes into service, some of that equipment is issued for immediate use and the balance goes into the Supply/Storage system to be drawn on down the road for various reasons.

A modification to said equipment is then issued. At that point, the priority would be to make the required mod to the equipment items that are actually in use at the time the Mod was issued.

What I am not sure about is what happens to all the other pieces of said equipment sitting is the Supply System. I see two options: (a) The items in the Supply System would be modified only after the items in current use had been dealt with, or, (b) nothing immediate would be done to the items in storage but references to the item in question would be put in place such that any of these items being issued in the future would have the Mod performed prior to being issued.

The latter seems more cost effective and simpler,,,

David