MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > BUY, TRADE or SELL > For Sale Or Wanted

Notices

Old 06-10-23, 23:14
Rob D.

Default M151A2 Parts

Can anyone recommend a dealer in Canada or USA that ships spare M151 parts. Thank you. Rob
Old 06-10-23, 23:21

I have no experience buying from them but chatting at MV show they seen interested in hobby, not just profit...
https://tnjmurray.com/browse-parts/m151a2.html
2 more decent guys...
Brian Asbury may have some parts.
Likewise Ralph Journeay (sp?)

Needless to say, Google comes up with an armload of results...
https://www.google.com/search?q=m151...-wiz-serp#ip=1
Old 07-10-23, 04:00
Terry Warner

Quote:
Originally Posted by elvis3006 View Post
Can anyone recommend a dealer in Canada or USA that ships spare M151 parts. Thank you. Rob
My '74 is being rebuilt by Dave who is a heavy truck fabricator. This is now its second rebuild. The rotten body panels were replaced with flat sheet metal and specialized replacement panels from Guy Loomis at Cameron Fabrications in upstate NY.

I was wondering what to do about one panel which wasn't showing on the English website, so I called Guy. 'Oh! Yeah! That piece was one we build for our German distributor, and just haven't gotten it on the US website. Would you like one?' 'Yes I do, please' 'Right we'll make you one tomorrow or Thursday.'

Guy has the best interests of the M151 hobby at heart. I steer everyone I know who has one towards him. The shipping route was to the UPS store in Ogdensburg, NY where I drove down to take possession. The Canada Customs experience was relatively simple, and much less pricey than a broker or foreign shipping.

- 74-????? M151A2
- 70-08876 M38A1
- 53-71233 M100CDN trailer

Beware! The Green Disease walks among us!
Old 07-10-23, 15:51
Rob D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maple_leaf_eh View Post
My '74 is being rebuilt by Dave who is a heavy truck fabricator. This is now its second rebuild. The rotten body panels were replaced with flat sheet metal and specialized replacement panels from Guy Loomis at Cameron Fabrications in upstate NY.

I was wondering what to do about one panel which wasn't showing on the English website, so I called Guy. 'Oh! Yeah! That piece was one we build for our German distributor, and just haven't gotten it on the US website. Would you like one?' 'Yes I do, please' 'Right we'll make you one tomorrow or Thursday.'

Guy has the best interests of the M151 hobby at heart. I steer everyone I know who has one towards him. The shipping route was to the UPS store in Ogdensburg, NY where I drove down to take possession. The Canada Customs experience was relatively simple, and much less pricey than a broker or foreign shipping.
Thank you, can you share his contact info please.
Old 07-10-23, 15:52
Rob D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant Bowker View Post
I have no experience buying from them but chatting at MV show they seen interested in hobby, not just profit...
https://tnjmurray.com/browse-parts/m151a2.html
2 more decent guys...
Brian Asbury may have some parts.
Likewise Ralph Journeay (sp?)

Needless to say, Google comes up with an armload of results...
https://www.google.com/search?q=m151...-wiz-serp#ip=1
Thank you, do you know if they ship parts to Canada ? Some places I checked Stateside say they do not export.
Old 07-10-23, 16:37

Brian and Ralph are in Canada.

This quote: "It is the buyer’s responsibility to meet any and all current export laws and requirements. Certain items do require authorization from the US Commerce Department prior to exporting. We can apply for an export license at no extra charge" from TNJ Murray's website confirms there are limits to what they can/will export but does read as if they are willing to export within US Government limitations. It can't hurt to send them an email to ask if the parts you want are eligible for export...

If you aren't a member of MVPA, you may want to check their sample publications page to see if it gives more vendors...
Old 07-10-23, 19:10
Rob D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant Bowker View Post
Brian and Ralph are in Canada.

This quote: "It is the buyer’s responsibility to meet any and all current export laws and requirements. Certain items do require authorization from the US Commerce Department prior to exporting. We can apply for an export license at no extra charge" from TNJ Murray's website confirms there are limits to what they can/will export but does read as if they are willing to export within US Government limitations. It can't hurt to send them an email to ask if the parts you want are eligible for export...

If you aren't a member of MVPA, you may want to check their sample publications page to see if it gives more vendors...
Thank you for the clarification. I will e mail them.
Old 07-10-23, 23:09
Terry Warner

Quote:
Originally Posted by elvis3006 View Post
Thank you, can you share his contact info please.
http://www.m151bodypanels.com/

My experience with TNJ Murray has so far been unimpressive. This summer I called and messaged, he called back at suppertime, I gave him the order from memory and he didn't write things down. I followed up with the complete list by email, but the order was short shipped. And, there was no invoice in the box! I had to scramble to get him to email a *.pdf of the invoice so I could pay GST. Thankfully no duty on auto parts between Canada and US. I've been asking for one last part since the summer. All promises and no reaction. I sourced a 2nd best alternative part on Amazon. No more M151A2 parts orders to TNJ Murray from me.

- 74-????? M151A2
- 70-08876 M38A1
- 53-71233 M100CDN trailer

Beware! The Green Disease walks among us!
Old 08-10-23, 01:42

Have you tried John Bizal at Midwest Military?

James D. Teel II
Edmond, Oklahoma
Retired Police Sergeant/Bomb Tech
1943 Willys MB/ITM jeep
1942 SS Cars No1Mk1 LtWt trailer
Old 08-10-23, 13:50
Rob D.

Thank you Terry for the warning regarding TNJ. John Bizal I dealt with him in the past for WC51 parts, didn't know he also had M151 parts. Thank you