MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > 'B' ECHELON > The Sergeants' Mess

Notices

Old 16-02-07, 01:43
Mr. HUP

Default Flying Rotter!

Wild Bill and company,

Lock up the daughters, send the wives to bingo! I will be gracing Oromocto with my presence next week Monday to Thursday (flying out on the 22 nd).

It may be worthwhile to round up some of Burton's best and crack a few brews Tues or Weds night. I will PM my cell phone number.

Remember! I'm from NDHQ and I will be there to help you!

Advise!
Old 16-02-07, 15:39
"Mr. Manual", sadly no longer with us

Default Lobsters...

Rub...

Y'all will get your fill of lobsters when you are there ,I suppose..and you'll probably bring some back...
It's the crabs you don't want...especially in your eyebrows...

Old 16-02-07, 17:38
Mr. HUP

Default Re: Lobsters...

Quote:
Originally posted by Alex Blair
Rub...

Y'all will get your fill of lobsters when you are there ,I suppose..and you'll probably bring some back...
It's the crabs you don't want...especially in your eyebrows...

Alex. Sage advice as always. I will heed your warnings and will add that the wife doesn't permit pets...That reminds me. I haven't been to the "Summer Club" for at least 10 years...
Old 16-02-07, 20:12

i seem to remember, on this very forum, M.R. Clark referring to new brunswickers as....er, what was that," herring chokers"....and herring sir is what ye shall recieve now the only thing we will have to sort out is if you want it in a 30lb frozen block, or fresh in the bait bag......both of which can be arranged signed, the bard
Old 16-02-07, 20:39
"Mr. Manual", sadly no longer with us

Default Herrin'

Quote:
Originally posted by mike mckinley
i seem to remember, on this very forum, M.R. Clark referring to new brunswickers as....er, what was that," herring chokers"....and herring sir is what ye shall recieve now the only thing we will have to sort out is if you want it in a 30lb frozen block, or fresh in the bait bag......both of which can be arranged signed, the bard
Mike..
I'll take a 5 Gallon pail of them herrin's .pickled...with lots of onions....
God's gift to the world..
Pickled Herring from Mace's Bay ,N.B.
(Good to see you on board)
Think about a little trip to Bob's BB2 coming up this August..you and Tanya need a little relief from all those stress full lobsters..
I'll book you a room,double..
Brother Al
Old 16-02-07, 21:55
Mr. HUP

Default Sticks and Stones...

Quote:
Originally posted by mike mckinley
Mike,

You have to get out of the Picture (more like Pitcher) Province more often. "Herring Chokers", are what we "Bluenosers" call you fellers who own the highway to Nova Scotia. The fellers at Blacks Harbour will attest to this nickname http://www.geocities.com/blacksharbour/

We Canadians are blessed with our own lexicon and sense of humour (well, some of us). Try the Canada Day Quiz at
http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Canada/C...pf-520672.html

Keep up the good work down there in God's Country.
Old 18-02-07, 20:58

Default Summer Club

Sadly(NOT) the "Summer Club" has gone the way of cheap gas! The biggest thrill at the moment in the big O is watching snow melt, farkkle else happenin at the moment. If Mikey can tear hisself away from the frozen wastes of Maces Bay p'raps we can have a hog rassle or some such fun upon your arrival.That is if the HERBIE CORPS don't confuse y'all too severely! Advise!
Cheers, Bill
Old 18-02-07, 21:30
Mr. HUP

Default Re: Summer Club

Quote:
Originally posted by Bill Mulholland
Sadly(NOT) the "Summer Club" has gone the way of cheap gas! The biggest thrill at the moment in the big O is watching snow melt, farkkle else happenin at the moment. If Mikey can tear hisself away from the frozen wastes of Maces Bay p'raps we can have a hog rassle or some such fun upon your arrival.That is if the HERBIE CORPS don't confuse y'all too severely! Advise!
Cheers, Bill
Bill,

I just got back from the Hammond Barn - Bob and Grant were toiling away at various bits and pieces - they will post their activities in the suitable thread.

Sounds like Oromocto has fallen upon hard times - no Summer Club! Please tell me that there is a "Down-Homer" or otherwise suitable elbow bending establishment at the mall!

It would be great seeing the "Bard". I would also be interested in meeting Mr. Tanner and company - just to get a grip on what the Oromocto Branch of the ROTTERs is up to.

As for the gunners, well, let's just say that I have been around to see the circle come full two and a half times. It should be fun watching the "new" guys present something old as new and improved - again.

I'll catch up with you at CTC- providing your "present" makes it thru security! You know how nutty they get over things with wires and circuits...

Cheers
Old 23-02-07, 17:13
Mr. HUP

Default Returned Rotter

The visit to God's country was great. When work ended, the fun began. Wild Bill whisked me off to the Burton Barn for some of Mulder's best that was finished off with a great bottle of red. The hospitality was great, which means that we will have to ratchet up the hospitality at Gracies the next time Bill is in Ottawa.

After a few hours of discussing everything hobby wise, Craig Tanner joined us for dessert. Those Herring Chokers know how to make one feel at home. The conversations were fun and informative.

Following the BS session, Bill squired us out to the barn. It was an honour to stroll through "Diamond T" territory. It was not difficult to surmise that a military man ran that shop. It was clean and tidy. Even the Tonka trucks had a parking spot...

So, thanks Bill. I truly enjoyed the meal and conversation. I am looking forward to your visit at BB this summer.
Old 24-02-07, 15:32

Default You're Welcome Rob,

and that goes for any and all ROTTERS, or others, who happen to find themselves in this area of the country. The Burton LAD is always open, for a visit of whatever duration. We can't always round up a huge gathering such as would happen at Gracies, or the Hammond Barn, or CC events, but Honourary Cfn Tanner and I will certainly do our best to ensure all are made welcome.
Cheers, Bill