MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > MILITARY VEHICLES > The Softskin Forum

Notices

Old 18-12-04, 18:56

Default Finnish Ford trucks in WWII

Hello,

Ford fans might enjoy this website which shows Finnish restorers rebuilding a 1937 Ford as a Finnish World War II trucks.

http://www.kevos4.com/KevOs4%20Truck%20Project.htm

The site has many good World War II photos.

Regards

Nick Balmer
Old 19-12-04, 23:15
Dog Robber

Evening Nick:

Thanks very much for that post and the link. Excellent it is in itself but it's link page is also most rewarding.

While probably not on Geoff's radar when he started this site, it is becoming a major repository on pretty much the whole soft skin subject. We have major threads going on about all sorts of interesting things, the Dutch East/West Indies certainly amongst them but also a lot of other stuff that go far beyond the original CMP project.

Over time, I suspect the site will get a reputation for carrying on the works of our dear friend Bart Vanderveen in a web based format. Cliff and I are working out sharing our respective photo files via swapping CDs and while our whole assembly of stuff would, I suspect, never even begin to rival what Bart passed on to that Dutch Museum, the photos we have are respectively probably more than what was published in Bart's books and even W&T if you just consider materiel primarily of the 1920s to the 1950s. And, that is just two of us and I know there are a couple of dozen others on this site that have also amassed a huge photo repository.

To return to your post, if you check all of the links they offer, there are some great sites dealing with weapons from pistols to artillery and some great aviation sites also.

A very good find indeed and I hope you keep searching out such stuff and posting it for the rest of us.

Cheers.
Bill