MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > BUY, TRADE or SELL > For Sale Or Wanted

Notices

Old 28-11-06, 22:56

Default location of this carrier

This carrier was spotted in Benalla Victoria Australia in 1998 dose any one out there know exactly where in benalla it is? Is it still there? Would the owner sell it? If any one knows could you please e-mail me at (the_elite88@hotmail.com) or leave a message on this post any help would be appreciated.
Attached Images

Old 30-11-06, 04:51
RIP

Default Benalla Carrier

Hello Vincent
This is a new one to me, I hold no details on this Carrier or location. Do you have any other information such as who spotted it or whatever.
Bob
Old 30-11-06, 05:52
Film maker, CMP addict

Default Benalla

Vincent, that looks like a pic from my website...

Here's another view:

Benalla is a couple of hours North of Melbourne and this carrier had no dataplate and the rear crossmember was too rusty to be legible. It was in a scrapyard which no longer exists so I can only assume it's been recycled, sadly.

Here's the link to the page.

42 FGT No8 (Aust) remains
42 FGT No9 (Aust)
42 F15
Keith Webb
Macleod, Victoria Australia
Also Canadian Military Pattern Vehicles group on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/groups/canadianmilitarypattern
Old 30-11-06, 06:11
RIP

Default Re. Benalla Carrier

Hmmmm - definitely your image Keefy. I guess this one has GTG. BTW I've captured #1875 off your page and seek permission to use it and the Benalla images as hyperlinked images to my eventual Carrier database.
Bob
Old 30-11-06, 07:15

Keith Webb I must apologies if I used your photo with out your permission. I found the photo when I did an image search using Yahoo there was only two photos in the link and the only info was that it was spotted in Benalla Victoria Australia and the link was not oldcmp.net could some one ells have copied your photos and posted them themselves on the net but that’s beside the point I accidentally used your photo and must say that I am truly sorry. Vincent Anderson
Old 30-11-06, 08:17
Film maker, CMP addict

Default Pics

Hi Vincent

No worries, don't flog yourself over it... the policy here is to acknowledge the source wherever it came from. Anyone is welcome to post what's on my site on another forum with the appropriate mention of the source. Of course that doesn't apply to putting them on another website without asking.

Anyway, sad the carrier is beyond anyone's reach.

Do you already have a project carrier?

And Bob - you have my blessing, my son.

42 FGT No9 (Aust)
42 F15
Keith Webb
Old 30-11-06, 12:03

Default carrier wanted,

Hi Vincent,
If you are looking for a carrier to buy and you live in Victoria?it might be worth a quick trip or a phone call to John Belfield to see if he has any carriers that he might be prepared to part with, its only a phone call after all.
Good luck.
Regards,
Ron,
Old 01-12-06, 03:51

Hi Ron
I have been looking for a carrier for just over 3 years and have come up dry every time but you seem to be on the ball. May I ask for John Belfield’s phone number you can e-mail it to me at (the_elite88@hotmail.com) if you don’t want to have it shone on this form. Now I live in NSW but I’m willing to drive and inspect if the phone call is profitable and he indeed has what I am looking for. With regards Vincent Anderson.
Old 01-12-06, 04:03
Film maker, CMP addict

Default Details

Sent by PM.

42 FGT No9 (Aust)
42 F15
Keith Webb
Old 01-12-06, 08:42

Default carrier wanted

Hi Vincent,
Glad to see that Keith has sent you Johns number and I hope you find what you want,if you do get one there are plenty of people willing to help you in here with information I am sure
Regards,
Ron,
Old 01-12-06, 12:24
"Sid and Errol's Dad"

Post Welcome to MLU

A belated welcome, Vincent, to this forum. I am also only a newbie and have learned more here about my Blitz than anywhere...
Keep us updated on the hunt for your carrier.
Where in NSW are you?
HH
F15 #12
F15A #13 (stretched)
F60S #13
C15A #13 Wireless (incomplete)
Old 02-12-06, 00:48

Hi Keith Webb
Im sorry to inform you that I didn’t receive any e-mail from you this might be because I use a hotmail account you could try and e-mail my families account (kafavaca@hotmail.com) which I used to sign up on this sight.
With regards Vincent Anderson.
Old 02-12-06, 10:48

Default E Mail

Hi Vincent I have tried that other E mail address and it does not work either, I have sent you a P M message via the forum check that out, good luck,
Ron
Old 02-12-06, 11:19
Film maker, CMP addict

Default Message

Quote:
Originally posted by Vincent Anderson
Hi Keith Webb
Im sorry to inform you that I didn’t receive any e-mail from you this might be because I use a hotmail account you could try and e-mail my families account (kafavaca@hotmail.com) which I used to sign up on this sight.
Vincent, check your personal messages on this forum - I sent it that way, not email.

Keith

42 FGT No9 (Aust)
42 F15
Keith Webb
Old 02-12-06, 19:02
Vets Dottir

Quote:
Hi Keith Webb
Hi Vincent,

I just checked your MLU profile to verify what email address you registered with, and it's (kafavaca at bigpond.com) so that if anyone sends you email via your profile, it will go to the bigpond.com address, NOT hotmail.com!!!

HOTMAIL addresses are blocked, by Geoff, from registering in MLU due to a lot of troubles with spammers using hotmail accounts to do their mischief.

Karmen.
Old 02-12-06, 19:55
Vets Dottir

Me again Vincent

PM's ... in case you aren't sure about how to check for PM's and such:

1) At the top of this page and right beside the MALPELEAF UP banner is a link saying "user cp". Click on that to open your "cp" control panel and you'll be in your private area where you can access your PM's (aka private messages) to read and send, etc.

2) Emails sent to you via MLU through your profile, as well as any and all notifications of PM's, will all automatically go to that bigpond.com email address that you registered with. If you want people to use a different email address to contact you, like your hotmail one, then you can let people know through their profile links for emails or PM's.

Putting email addresses in the public forum is bait for the spammers harvesting those addresses so it's a good idea to send addresses by PM or email to avoid that, or write "at" where the @ should be.

I hope you get your PM's and emails now

Karmen.
Old 03-12-06, 00:45

Hi Vets Dottir
You seem to have not looked at my post clear enough I indeed logged in to mlu with my families account (kafavaca@bigpond.com) but I asked the people to reply to my personal hotmail account (the_elite88@hotmail.com) this can some times cause problems for posting from say a yahoo account to a hotmail account. I hope this has cleared up any confusion also thank you Ron and Keith Webb you have helped me more in a week than three years of searching. PS I will ring John Belfield on Monday or Tuesday so that I don’t get on his bad side for ringing him on a Sunday what time dose the museum open?
Old 03-12-06, 00:53
former OC MLU, AKA 'Jif' - sadly no longer with us

Quote:
Hi Vets Dottir
You seem to have not looked at my post clear enough I indeed logged in to mlu with my families account (kafavaca@bigpond.com) but I asked the people to reply to my personal hotmail account (the_elite88@hotmail.com) this can some times cause problems for posting from say a yahoo account to a hotmail account. I hope this has cleared up any confusion also thank you Ron and Keith Webb you have helped me more in a week than three years of searching. PS I will ring John Belfield on Monday or Tuesday so that I don’t get on his bad side for ringing him on a Sunday what time dose the museum open?
Vincent, please don't dump on Karmen... she was just trying to point out the differences between emails and PMs. She is authorized, BY ME, to do so as required. If you have any problems with that, talk to ME.

And that, sir, you may consider an order (as opposed to a request).
Old 03-12-06, 01:25

Sorry Vets Dottir I thought that you were one of the smart ass computer geeks that point out every problem with a post for no apparent reason or just to feel superior by telling every one how this person screwed up their post. Truly sorry Vincent Anderson.
Old 03-12-06, 01:35
Vets Dottir

Quote:
[B]Hi Vets Dottir
You seem to have not looked at my post clear enough I indeed logged in to mlu with my families account (kafavaca@bigpond.com) but I asked the people to reply to my personal hotmail account (the_elite88@hotmail.com) this can some times cause problems for posting from say a yahoo account to a hotmail account. I hope this has cleared up any confusion ]
Hi Vincent,

I too, only hope everyone is clear now and sending and receiving to the right places for you, so that everyone connects and gets the emails and PM's sent in good time. It can be confusing when more than one email address is used for communications as most people tend to use the one that links with the members profiles. I jumped in here because it seemed people weren't getting their emails through to you and you hadn't been getting your PM's, and you being a new member, I thought perhaps you hadn't learned about your control panel and PM's as yet either.

I hope all gets through smoothly from now on.

Karmen aka Vets Dottir
Old 03-12-06, 01:38
Vets Dottir

Quote:
Sorry Vets Dottir I thought that you were one of the smart ass computer geeks that point out every problem with a post for no apparent reason or just to feel superior by telling every one how this person screwed up their post. Truly sorry Vincent Anderson.
Hi Again ... well actually, I have been known to be pretty smartass at times, but am certainly no computer geek

All is well now, right?

Enjoy the forum and I hope you get your carrier. People are less testy when they have a carrier of their own to play with (that was me being smartass for a giggle for us now )

Karmen
Old 03-12-06, 02:08
former OC MLU, AKA 'Jif' - sadly no longer with us

Quote:
Thank you, Vincent. There are no 'smart-ass computer geeks' on this forum, just a few hard-ass ex-, current- and future- military types. Karmen (that's her name BTW) stands with us because she lost two uncles in WW2. Remember that. SHE'S ONE OF US.

Thank you again, sir. Carry on.
Old 03-12-06, 06:01
No1, Mk 2** (I'm back!)

Quote:
PS I will ring John Belfield on Monday or Tuesday so that I don’t get on his bad side for ringing him on a Sunday what time dose the museum open?
When the Museum was a going concern, Sunday WAS the only time it was open. I don't think the Museum as such still operates as an attraction since most of the exhibits were sold. I think any time to visit would be by appointment with John.