MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > 'B' ECHELON > The Sergeants' Mess

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 20-11-21, 01:30
GM Fox I

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn Eades View Post
Bruce, I love your picture of the wilted bird killer. It represents to me a small win against a political religion versus real science. I'm not saying its not based on some immeasurable truth, just that I'm against the knee jerk over reaction. I see plastic pollution as a bigger problem. Being one of the previously mentioned dinosaurs may have a bearing on my world view?
That thing will have been buried somewhere (not recyclable) so it's out of sight and out of mind to the greens.
FYI If I have this right one quarter of human CO2 release is from cement production.
Rob, I was also somewhat fascinated by the marble machine. I noticed he lost a couple. Because mine are small (and fragile), I store them in a bag.
What was the topic???
Now ya gone and done it. The relentless march of those wind turbines stopped but a few miles west of us by the lucky happenstance of an election. Those suffering from their expensive uselessness I feel for; the blinking red lights guarantee they will get no sleep or ever see stars gain. Two locations near me...famous and magnificent tourist beaches and renowned bird migratory routes...have been peppered with the monsters. That, plus the increases to our electricity bills and paying the Americans to take our surplus juice when the wind blows is icing on the cake. Our most magnificent city (and centre of the universe) Toronto was to have turbines installed in Lake Ontario off its waterfront but it never happened. Highbrow condo dwellers didn't like their view sullied so no go. Saving the planet must be borne by us rural folks I guess.

My thread. My right to hijack it. Everyone else has my permission (sorry Hanno!!)