MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > MILITARY VEHICLES > The Softskin Forum

Notices

Old 14-08-05, 23:28
Dog Robber

Default Ooops

I found this on eBay.de recently.
Not trying to be a smart ass, but note the position of the young soldiers hand vis a vis the young ladies uh, chest
Bill
Attached Thumbnails
oops.jpg  
Old 15-08-05, 00:33
Dog Robber

My Goodness, has no one a sense of humour anymore???
Surely someone has a comment.
Bill
Old 15-08-05, 02:16
Mr. HUP

Default Nothing out of the ordinary...

he, like all good soldiers is keeping abreast of the situation...
Old 15-08-05, 02:34
Dog Robber

Mr Clarke:
Better you said it than I. Nice turn of phrase.
Cheers
Bill
Old 15-08-05, 02:38
Mr. HUP

Default It is not only my duty as a man,

but for a brief period of time, the continuing pursuit of the ideal support of the female breast was my job! Apologies to those still with the CTS Project...
Old 15-08-05, 08:24
M38A1 CDN3

RH Clarke...at the risk of being censored. may I assume that CTS referred to the Combat Tit Support, a combat bra for front line wymen soljers, upon which NDHQ squandered many dollars trying to develop, then, AFAIK, quietly dropped ?
Old 15-08-05, 08:40
Vets Dottir

Quote:
Originally posted by Jon Skagfeld
...at the risk of being censored. may I assume that CTS referred to the Combat Tit Support, a combat bra for front line wymen soljers, upon which NDHQ squandered many dollars trying to develop, then, AFAIK, quietly dropped ?
Good one Jon
Old 15-08-05, 08:43
Vets Dottir

Quote:
RH Clarke...at the risk of being censored. may I assume that CTS referred to the Combat Tit Support, a combat bra for front line wymen soljers, upon which NDHQ squandered millions of dollars trying to develop, then, quietly, dropped ?
And on a more serious note, is this a true stroy regards the combat bra? And if so ... why did they first try to design one, then why did they drop the project? Like what was the point?

K.
Old 15-08-05, 13:47

Quote:
Originally posted by Vets Dottir
why did they first try to design one, then why did they drop the project? Like what was the point?

K.
Maybe the intentions were good but size and shape differences made it difficult to come up with a "One size fits all" design!

cheers
Cliff
Old 15-08-05, 15:25
M38A1 CDN3

DCIEM spent tons of bucks and tons of time in the development of this item of clothing for women in the CF combat trades.

At the end of it all, as I've been told, women said that they'd much rather use their own personal item of clothing rather than the bureaucratically ill-designed piece of kit.
Old 15-08-05, 15:28
Mr. HUP

Default The Combat Bra

Urban legend? figment of a yellow journalists overly active and unvalidated imagination? Yes.

The combat bra, or BTU as the project referred to it, was not dropped. If fact, the other services have now adopted a similar format. Each female (distinction was made) receives an allowance with which she may buy any number of bras she desires. If she exceeds the allowance, she pays the amount over the allowance.

Now I would like to make two points...

The BTU project was a quiet successes - the press and yellow journalists were busy watching events unfolding in NY City (911) when we push this project thru - it was implemented.

As for spending millions in development with an all male team - before my time I can't say, but while I was with the project - pure BS.
Old 15-08-05, 17:58
Vets Dottir

Quote:
DCIEM spent tons of bucks and tons of time in the development of this item of clothing for women in the CF combat trades.

At the end of it all, women said that they'd much rather use their own personal item of clothing rather than the bureaucratically ill-designed piece of kit.

Fact.
Thanks for replying Jon,

:idea: Hmmmm ... didn't we happen to chat about this topic when we were all sitting on your porch one evening? I'm thinkng perhaps we did. My memory ... is unpredictable. (my mosquito bites are almost all gone from those Snowen Sound little blood suckers)

Regards sizing ... I could only see "custom made" to fit individuals as really being workable ... which would be astronomical in costs ... and probably unnecessary anyways, as the outer uniform and accessories should cover and protect and individual women already (like mens uniforms for men) are better judges of what pattern bra best supports and works for them when it comes to being in the military and whatever tasks they're trained for or given. They may have to learn what works for them while they go through training exercising and such. Probably some kind of sturdy binding would work best for combat (this is just my opinion, I know nothing about combat training, or combat, for women or men)

Karmen
Old 15-08-05, 19:35
aka C. Mark Perry (CMP)

So when is someone going to comment on the car?

The girl looks a bit wee for such concerns, or even a training bra, unless that guy *was* a pedo, of course. Otherwise it all could be quite innocent. Those Continentals do have a different view of such things, after all, do they not? On they other hand, those Schweiks seem have to taken their boots off.
Old 15-08-05, 19:41
Vets Dottir

Quote:
Originally posted by cmperry4
So when is someone going to comment on the car?

The girl looks a bit wee for such concerns, or even a training bra, unless that guy *was* a pedo, of course. Otherwise it all could be quite innocent. Those Continentals do have a different view of such things, after all, do they not? On they other hand, those Schweiks seem have to taken their boots off.
Yeah, the guy looks simply like he's propping her by the chest/shoulder area to make sure she doesn't slip off the vehicle or somesuch. He looks like he's saying something to her ... and I kind of assume the girl doesn't understand his language. Who knows, I don't.

What IS that vehicle the kids are sitting on? Some kind of AUSTIN or some such?

Karmen
Old 15-08-05, 20:56
Dog Robber

Hi Guys:

Firstly, the photo was downloaded because it featured a "pkw" or passenger car used by Germany in WWII. The car is an Opel Kadett as far as I can tell.
When I went back to edit it, it struck me that the photographer might not have realized the position of the young soldier's hand, the empty boots at the back of the car and the handsome young lad stripped down a bit in front.

I too assume complete innocence on the part of those photographed. My thought was more that when I took photography many years ago, the cardinal rule was "composition, composition, composition.
In that sense, I saw this as a big OOOPS on the part of the photographer.

But, in the meantime, I have been fascinated by the CTS story and had to remember why I posted the photo in the first place.
Cheers
Bill
Old 15-08-05, 20:58
aka C. Mark Perry (CMP)

I was thinking it was something French - the car that is.

The soldier actually looks like he's leaning in to coo at the baby, just steadying the girl or himself as he does.

Anyone up these Fritzies and where they may be and what sort of car?

I have some photos a friend just sent me, of a relative by marriage who was a high ranking officer with RCASC with 1st Canadian Div in Italy and later in U.K., I think at Canadian Army HQ.

I'll ask if it's OK to post them here for vehicle and unit ID - there are some vehicles, the only ones with visible markings are this officer's Jeep and a motorcycle on display at a bond drive (hanging from a wrecker's derrick).

There's one shot that involves an Italian carbinieri, and a mixture of Canadian and Italian military and civilians, but we have no idea what's going in the pic - fascinating tableau. There might have been an accident or something. there's a 15cwt, a Jeep and another mystery vehicle almost obscured in the shot - maybe a GMC or a Mack.
Old 15-08-05, 21:03
Dog Robber

Mark:
The design of the car, particularly the cabriolet sedan that it is makes it German. The only other thing it might be is a DKW and I am still looking at reference materiel.
I play the "Name this Vehicle" game on several German oriented historical forums and I am sure we will nail it down for sure.
Bill