MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > 'B' ECHELON > The Sergeants' Mess

Notices

Old 30-06-07, 22:52

Default Once there was plastic or C15TA

Which will hopefully one day grow up to be a Canadian Armoured Truck or C15TA as it was known. What you see here below is the begining.
It's a little known Canadian designed truck of WW2 of which almost 4000 were built but went on to serve with various armies around the world until the early 1970s'. The Dutch were a big user post war as were the Portugese. The Israleis' had thie truck as well though they armoured over the roof and added a turret with either a 38mm gun or a Heavy MG.
Eventually mine will be depicted as seen in use by Canada and Britain during WW2. It is also my second model that will be used as a master for resin kit production. It will come with the fittings for use as either the cargo version, troop transport, or the 2 berth ambulance.
My research on the vehicle has been extensive and have had the oppurtunity to visit a hull in process of restoration ( Thanks Brian Gough) and get excellent measurements of this beastie. I also have friends in the modelling world who have access to a fully restored truck and have also lent their support with photos and measurements. Unfortunately the drawings available in 1/35 by various artists are not to scale as depicted or for that fact correct in actual 1:1 measurements. I have to say if you can measure it yourself do so cause you never know what you'll get otherwise.
Anyway I hope you all like the model as it progresses.
Sorry for being long winded here.

All comments and suggestions are welcome.
Sean
sdunnage@rogers.com

Last edited by Sean Dunnage; 01-07-07 at 02:07.
Old 01-07-07, 13:23

Sean,

It is funny to see that even with only three plastic parts, you can allready recognize the shape of the C15TA. Good work!

A while ago I tried contacting you through PM regarding this project. I have a 1/24 scale drawing of the C15TA, but I am not sure about the accuracy. I agree with you that you should measure vehicles yourself when possible, in stead of relying on scale drawings available.

Is there any other info you are after regarding the C15TA?

Alex