MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > MLU ADMIN > TAC HQ

Notices

Old 05-01-06, 05:39
M38A1 CDN3

Default Ipperwash

Just wondering if any others in the GTA picked up the CTV docu-drama about the confrontation at Ipperwash in 1995, shown 2000-2200 hrs today.

The issues were horribly misconstrued and most improperly reported.

I have the McKenzie Report about the whole situation.

I, personally, felt it to be a cheap shot against the Conservatives, who, federally, are neck to neck with the Lieberals.

Even though this was an Ontario Provincial operation, it seems to me to be a mud-slinging slap at the Federal Conservatives.

Comments, anyone?
Old 05-01-06, 05:44
Mr. HUP

Default Not to mention

the effect that this incident had on the hundreds of cadets that used to filter thru the camp yearly.

What have they done with it, now that they have been paid off? I'll bet it is in ruins.

Political correctness and appeasement gone mad. Expect more of this with a Liberal win...

Need a beer...
Old 05-01-06, 06:31
M38A1 CDN3

Default Re: Not to mention

Quote:
Originally posted by RHClarke
the effect that this incident had on the hundreds of cadets that used to filter thru the camp yearly.

What have they done with it, now that they have been paid off? I'll bet it is in ruins.

Political correctness and appeasement gone mad. Expect more of this with a Liberal win...

Need a beer...
Yeah, I was an Army Cadet in 1956, when 1 Bn RCR vacated the Camp for summer exercises.

I was also a Cpl Instructor there in 1958.

I was RSO there for an FTX c.1982.

I did a First Aid Crse there in 1992.

Then the indians started shooting at choppers above the base.

Last time I drove by there, (I live fairly close by), there was nothing but graffiti enscribed junk littering the old parade square. Buildings in total ruin, vehicle wrecks jammed up against the entrance....and for this sort of crap, our taxpayers money spends over $ 8,000,000, 000 per year (count the zeros!), and the Feds want to give them more?

Gimme a break. If the provs gave the order to do what had to be done, then let it be so.

I'm sick and tired of minority groups claiming their "rights".

Rant ends...back to Ipperwash thread...
Old 05-01-06, 07:39
Vets Dottir

Default Re: Re: Not to mention

Quote:
Originally posted by Jon Skagfeld
Yeah, I was an Army Cadet in 1956,
Holy crap, I was TWO when you were an Army Cadet and that's about the age of my first memory ... a spanking of course for hiding behind the wood stove while it was fired up) ... and I was just born a Space Cadet, never even had to train for it, came by it naturally and all I gotta do is act naturally (as Buck Owens and his Buckaroos would say

http://www.theback40s.com/songs_files/song2.mp3

) ... it's in the gene's ya know :

(nope, not minimizing your thoughts and feelings, just off on a Ma yappy tangent, as ever)
Old 05-01-06, 13:42
"Mr. Manual", sadly no longer with us

Default Re: Not to mention

Quote:
Originally posted by RHClarke

Need a beer...
I was one of the last Construction Engineers off the base at Moosonee in '75 when we shut it down and turned the housing over to Indian affairs..
We turned over 110 20x40' double wide three bedroom trailers that us military lived in for 15 years..They were well maintained and spotless when we turned them over..
With in two years they were uninhabitable...wiring stripped out to sell for the copper content..holes cut in the rooves to let out the wood smoke and a mess of slums with people living in them and crying how hard done by they are and they have no where to live...
Makes me want to puke...
Time is long past for our polititions to stop molly coddling for votes and finish what we should have done 100 years ago and assimilated all Canadians....
Old 08-01-06, 04:00
M38A1 CDN3

Default Ipperwash, part 2

Further to this thread, to those who haven't dozed off yet, is the following fact sheet:

Dudley George was misrepresented as of the tribe Potawamatie, not Chippewa as depicted. Another George, Glenn, was in fact Potawamatie.

Many of the indians (note the small "i") who occupied the Ipperwash Provincial Park were, like George, Amer-Indian activists.

The docu-dramas portrayal of the natives not having been armed is pure bullshit. There were two video clips on TV during this time, from a native woman, who said that the natives at Ipperwash have more weapons than all of the police and military combined. Indeed: witness Oka.

The rest of the thugs were Stony Pointers. This band is not the same band from whom the Federal government expropriated land in 1942 in order to set up a training base (with the contractual agreement that the area would be returned when the military requirement was no longer needed) That band was the Kettle and Stony Point Indian Band. Note the difference in spelling.

I'm really surprised at CTV airing this clap trap which I would expect from CBC.
Old 08-01-06, 04:47
former OC MLU, AKA 'Jif' - sadly no longer with us

Default Re: Ipperwash, part 2

Quote:
Originally posted by Jon Skagfeld
I'm really surprised at CTV airing this clap trap which I would expect from CBC.
They don't know any better. No one's there to tell them different.
Old 11-01-06, 06:19
M38A1 CDN3

Well, I damn well am.

I can quote exactly what has/is going on there.

If anyone is interested in the truth, post or PM.