MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > MLU ADMIN > TAC HQ

Notices

Old 26-03-05, 01:24
M38A1 CDN3

Default Time Check for Sunray

My dearest Sunray:

Whilst Daylight Savings Time (DST) is but 9 days away, could you find it in your heart to wave your Magic Moderator Wand (MMW), and thereby FIX THE GODDAMN FORUM TIME???!!!

Yours, in anticipation of a timely reply, I am, yr obd servant,

PRONTO (Good friend of Mercury, Messenger of the Gods, who never had a problem with the time!).
Old 26-03-05, 01:36
former OC MLU, AKA 'Jif' - sadly no longer with us

Oh piss off and have another drink. Adjusting the time isn't rocket science, even for you!
Old 26-03-05, 03:06
Senior Forum Member

Talking

Quote:
Originally posted by Geoff Winnington-Ball
Oh piss off and have another drink. Adjusting the time isn't rocket science, even for you!
Signals and Time, now thats a contradiction in terms, : ........it will take forever for PRONTO to figure out whether to turn the hands clockwise or counter-clockwise when adjusting the coming time change...... poor old bugger.......
Old 26-03-05, 03:20
Film maker, CMP addict

Default Your time

We'll watch what you make of it and do the opposite as usual.
Carry on.

42 FGT No8 (Aust) remains
42 FGT No9 (Aust)
42 F15
Keith Webb
Macleod, Victoria Australia
Also Canadian Military Pattern Vehicles group on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/groups/canadianmilitarypattern
Old 27-03-05, 03:43
Richard Notton

Default Re: Your time

Quote:
Originally posted by Keith Webb
We'll watch what you make of it and do the opposite as usual.
Carry on.
Quite so.

And I see, notwithstanding the 1 and 0 shuffling brain of the MLU server being the size of a planet, the change to BST has been completely ignored.

My piddly desktop computer managed it and even the 13 quid analogue kitchen clock phase locked to MSF Rugby by radio (http://www.npl.co.uk/time/) and accurate to ±1sec/60 million years thereby, has duly re-set itself to BST.

4/10 for MLU - could do better.

R.
Old 27-03-05, 05:31
M38A1 CDN3

Default Re: Re: Your time

Quote:
Originally posted by FV623
Quite so.

And I see, notwithstanding the 1 and 0 shuffling brain of the MLU server being the size of a planet, the change to BST has been completely ignored.

My piddly desktop computer managed it and even the 13 quid analogue kitchen clock phase locked to MSF Rugby by radio (http://www.npl.co.uk/time/) and accurate to ±1sec/60 million years thereby, has duly re-set itself to BST.

4/10 for MLU - could do better.

R.
Quote:
Quite so
...and agree.

Sunray...OK, rocket scientist, do it!
Old 27-03-05, 06:03
Richard Notton

Default Re: Re: Re: Your time

Quote:
Originally posted by Jon Skagfeld
...and agree.

Sunray...OK, rocket scientist, do it!
Yeah, Jifferoodedoodedoo, what bit of E=MC² are you having trouble with?

Do a quick search and look up Uranus, then tell us all about "Sun" and "Ray".

R.
Old 27-03-05, 06:51
former OC MLU, AKA 'Jif' - sadly no longer with us

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Your time

Quote:
Yeah, Jifferoodedoodedoo, what bit of E=MC² are you having trouble with?

Do a quick search and look up Uranus, then tell us all about "Sun" and "Ray".

R.
It ain't me, you git, it's the murricun idiots who manage my server. For the price of the service, I'm willing to put up with a spot of bother regards the time. Tests the old brain bucket y'know. Makes you realize you're still alive.

BTW, I don't think I'll be able to make your Solent Lunch next weekend, but please pass along my best to all! Let them know MLU is on their side!
Old 28-03-05, 01:35
M38A1 CDN3

Quote:
Ah, so...in a later post you finally admit that it's a "server problem".

So, any apologies forthcoming for slagging us who bitched and complained about the proper time on this forum? :idea: : :
Old 28-03-05, 01:43
M38A1 CDN3

Quote:
Originally posted by Mark W. Tonner
Signals and Time, now thats a contradiction in terms, : ........it will take forever for PRONTO to figure out whether to turn the hands clockwise or counter-clockwise when adjusting the coming time change...... poor old bugger.......
Settle down you knuckle draggin', black cadillac wearin', 031 poor excuse for something lower than pond scum.

If it wasn't for Signals and their time checks, you clowns wouldn't know when to hit the FUP, much less cross the Start Line.

And, having fought through the objective, and doin' your suck back and reload, if you didn't have Signals, you wouldn't know when to carry on with the advance to contact.

Old 28-03-05, 02:43
Senior Forum Member

Talking

Quote:
Originally posted by Jon Skagfeld
Settle down you knuckle draggin', black cadillac wearin', 031 poor excuse for something lower than pond scum.

If it wasn't for Signals and their time checks, you clowns wouldn't know when to hit the FUP, much less cross the Start Line.

And, having fought through the objective, and doin' your suck back and reload, if you didn't have Signals, you wouldn't know when to carry on with the advance to contact.

PRONTO

Why the HELL do you think they qualified us to man and operate our own sets....us being so far up front......while 'SIGNALS' were all 'SNUG HAS A BUG IN A RUG'....way...way...way back IN THE HIDE....or even further back, lurking in the ECHELON.....and thats when they were 'AWAKE'....... OH!, and SOBER!!!!!...by teaching us to man and operate our own sets, we just carried on....., besides, I don't remember seeing many RC Sigs types forward of the FUP, let alone start line or on the objective...or on the reorg, before pushing off again......

INDIA CALLSIGN, OUT!

Old 28-03-05, 10:28
Richard Notton

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Your time

Quote:
It ain't me, you git, it's the murricun idiots who manage my server. For the price of the service, I'm willing to put up with a spot of bother regards the time. Tests the old brain bucket y'know. Makes you realize you're still alive.
So, I have moved myself from "Mid-Atlantic" to "Azores, Cape Verde Islands", probably a bit safer here too now there's a fourth wheel in the Enigma Maschine gerät.
Quote:
BTW, I don't think I'll be able to make your Solent Lunch next weekend, but please pass along my best to all! Let them know MLU is on their side!
Certainly will.
I hope the worse cold ever that has totally ruined my engineering plans for these four days off, bank holiday Easter weekend, that has been warm and sunny, is gone by then.

Can't stop; as fast as I put Veare down to my left it springs up on the right and klrpitp34y904]0-54inkl walks on the keyboard.

R.
Old 28-03-05, 17:58
Vets Dottir

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Your time

Quote:
Can't stop; as fast as I put Veare down to my left it springs up on the right and klrpitp34y904]0-54inkl walks on the keyboard.

R.

M E O W

MA VD/PW
Old 28-03-05, 18:28
Richard Notton

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Your time

Quote:
Originally posted by Vets Dottir

M E O W

MA VD/PW
Ah, now Veare doesn't mew, as Jifferydoodah can tell you.

She does a lot of chirrupping when whizzing past, sometimes makes a single peep like the time signal pips on the Home Service, or Radio 4 for the new-fangled people, but the mouth open mew which is occasionally observed is not for our benefit being supersonic and well above our some 17 - 20KHz audible range.

R.
Old 28-03-05, 18:51
Vets Dottir

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Your time

Quote:
Ah, now Veare doesn't mew, as Jifferydoodah can tell you.

She does a lot of chirrupping when whizzing past, sometimes makes a single peep like the time signal pips on the Home Service, or Radio 4 for the new-fangled people, but the mouth open mew which is occasionally observed is not for our benefit being supersonic and well above our some 17 - 20KHz audible range.

R.
Maybe Veare can come give Tasha chirrupping lessons? Tasha is a very vocal demanding RIGHT NOW little missy kitty

Jifferydoodah is currently "working" : (he wishes) ... well, perhaps working on lunch this minute, but today is a workday for him. Will have to ply hime with a bowl Lima-Dinna when he gets home to distract him from his work day.

And you, Master R., other than a little cranky about frustrations this weekend, I hope all else goes well!

VD/PW