MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > GENERAL WW2 TOPICS > WW2 Military History & Equipment

Notices

Old 01-01-05, 21:02
RIP

Default Canadians at War

If any MLU'ers worldwide wish to purchase any history for the above go to:
www.waramps.ca
where you'll find a good selection to order.

This has been a public service announcement
Old 08-01-05, 21:21
RIP

Default Canadians aat War in color

Tuesday night,Jan.11/05 is fast approaching.Don't forget to get your taping equipment ready.Also,just learned that this is only Part 1 of the history
Old 10-01-05, 08:19
Vets Dottir

Default Re: Canadians aat War in color

Quote:
Originally posted by Garry Shipton
Tuesday night,Jan.11/05 is fast approaching.Don't forget to get your taping equipment ready.Also,just learned that this is only Part 1 of the history
Hi Garry (and THE SHAD)
Please to give the SHAD a woof and a scratch from Ma ... meanwhile, what channel is this to be aired on? (bearing in mind I'll be viewing TV in Toronto on satellite TV, with Tom and Rupert, my loves, dressed to kill and watching over my shoulder. They shall be angered to not have the correct channel, considering they're WW2 Canadian Vets) :Ma
Old 10-01-05, 18:44
RIP

Default Canadians at War in Color

Hi Karmen(WOOF from the Shad)
Tuesday night at 8;00 Pm on CBC for part 1.Check your local CBC station cause this shud be on nationally EST.Shouldn't be hard locally to view.

Garry
Old 11-01-05, 00:54
Vets Dottir

Default Re: Canadians at War in Color

Quote:
Tuesday night at 8;00 Pm on CBC for part 1.Check your local CBC station cause this shud be on nationally EST.Shouldn't be hard locally to view.

Garry
Thanks Garry ... failing all else Master Sunray knows how to use the remote etc ... He actually handles me quite gracefully ... gotta give him a distinguished medal or some such for tolerance and patience.

Oh ... BTW ... WOOF SCRATCH SCRATCH and an ARF for SHAD.

from Karmen
Old 12-01-05, 15:38
RIP

Quote:

Garry
Part Two on tonight,Wednesday,Jan.12/05 on CBC.The first part was interesting.New film footage never seen before.
Old 12-01-05, 15:50
former OC MLU, AKA 'Jif' - sadly no longer with us

Karmen and I watched it last night, extremely interesting (although I got bored with the sometimes seemingly endless German footage). I'll look forward to the rest of it!
Old 12-01-05, 16:34
Vets Dottir

Default Re: Re: Canadians at War in Color

Quote:
Part Two on tonight,Wednesday,Jan.12/05 on CBC.The first part was interesting.New film footage never seen before.
Hey ... THANKS Garry ... because I was extremely annoyed when the announcer mentioned last nites show as the first installment but didn't think to enlighten the viewers when the next installment would air :

It WAS pretty amazing (and unnerving) to see the film footage at all ... a time-warp feeling to know I was watching actual live people, action, and moments from the 1930's and 40's.

Did anyone else watch ... and did anyone recognize any family, friends, or "self" in any of the footage?

I'll watch tonights installment too!

Karmen
Old 12-01-05, 18:07
M38A1 CDN3

I, too, was somewhat ticked off when, at 830 PM, the CBC seemed to sign off as if the series was 1/2 hour for each segment.

The damn program went for an hour, and I missed the last of it.

Did anyone notice "my" Switchboard, Universal Call, 10 Line during the opening sequences?
Old 13-01-05, 00:02

Default Re: Re: Canadians at War in Color

Gary,

Quote:
I've checked the TV listings, as well as the CBC web site and they don't have part two listed. They show "Canadian Antiques Roadshow" as being on tonight (Jan.12) at 8pm.

John
Old 13-01-05, 01:08
Vets Dottir

Default Re: Re: Re: Canadians at War in Color

Quote:
Originally posted by John McGillivray
Gary,

I've checked the TV listings, as well as the CBC web site and they don't have part two listed. They show "Canadian Antiques Roadshow" as being on tonight (Jan.12) at 8pm.

John
Hi John

Actually, I just read this and Geoff just searched CBC for 8:00 listings ... the show is NOT listed!!! Antiques Roadshow IS listed

Garry ... do you think perhaps they'll do "Installment 2" NEXT WEEK???

Karmen (WOOF to the SHAD)
Old 13-01-05, 01:27
Vets Dottir

Default www.cbc.ca search!

Garry and Everyone Else:

We did an Internet search and came up with this ... looks like next installment is Jan 18th Tuesday:

http://www.cbc.ca/programguide/progr...+War+In+Colour

Karmen
Old 13-01-05, 05:39
RIP

Default Next installment

I know,but the idiots said tomorrow nite(meaning Wednesday nite)I too checked the listings till Friday-and no show.I guess Valerie Pringle was sooo excited doing the Antiques Roadshow,she blew her lines.I guess it's on next week.
Old 13-01-05, 15:05
Vets Dottir

Default Re: Next installment

Quote:
I know,but the idiots said tomorrow nite(meaning Wednesday nite)I too checked the listings till Friday-and no show.I guess Valerie Pringle was sooo excited doing the Antiques Roadshow,she blew her lines.I guess it's on next week.
Maybe those "idiots" went too long between coffee and cigarette breaks to think clearly?

Woof MA
Old 15-01-05, 17:45
RIP

Default Canadians at War in Color

The 2nd installment is at 8:00 Pm Tuesday on CBC,and the 3rd is on Jan.25th
Old 17-01-05, 00:05
Vets Dottir

Quote:
The 2nd installment is at 8:00 Pm Tuesday on CBC,and the 3rd is on Jan.25th
Thanks a lot Garry I'll be watching both ... maybe they'll cover D-Day/Normandy in the next installment.

BTW ... I had the great pleasure of meeting my first bonafide MLU-ers in person after Master Sunray. I met Master and Missus John Skagfeld yesterday. They were both wonderful host/hostess ... Jon has a wonderful collection of history and he showed me much of it. I held the rifle that my Uncle (s) would have been carrying in Normandy. THAT was an amazing feeling! Thanks for all the other "edumacating show and tell,(please don't test me on this Master Skag, as you know, my mind is like a seive anyways but there was just so much to see and hear about that it was just too much to take in) Sad thing ... couldn't ride in the CMP Big fat bummer that ... but hey, Spring is a cumin in and rest assured ... I'll be back to Snowen sound ... and Jon? perhaps I'll "see you next Tuesday"?

MA Karmen
Old 17-01-05, 05:01
RIP

Default Karmen-Not in a CMP?

Karmen,
I was fortunate to sit in Marc Montgomery's C30 CMP a couple of years ago at The Dieppe Ceremony here in Montreal when the Belgian gang were here.When you sit in one,you get the smells of canvas,oil,paint.all things miitary.You gotta experience all the senses in one of these beasties.

He's asleep beside me right now,so a WOOF from thee Shad.OH,I forgot,doing the annual Robbie Burns nite next Friday,with a lot of Blaack Watch participants.Pure stag-men only-Any message for the lads???
Old 19-01-05, 01:19
Vets Dottir

Default Re: Karmen-Not in a CMP?

Quote:
Karmen,
I was fortunate to sit in Marc Montgomery's C30 CMP a couple of years ago at The Dieppe Ceremony here in Montreal when the Belgian gang were here.When you sit in one,you get the smells of canvas,oil,paint.all things miitary.You gotta experience all the senses in one of these beasties.

He's asleep beside me right now,so a WOOF from thee Shad.OH,I forgot,doing the annual Robbie Burns nite next Friday,with a lot of Blaack Watch participants.Pure stag-men only-Any message for the lads???
I hope I'll soon get to sit in a CMP! Winter sucks

I'll be eating Haggis and drinking Scotch on january 25th
Robbie Burns will be suitably celebrated at Sunray's TAC HQ.

BTW YOU-ALL ........
INSTALLMENT 2 OF CANADA's WAR IN COLOUR"
in about 45 minutes!!!!

SCRATCH SCRATCH WOOF WOOF ARF and ARF SHAD