MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > Canadian Military Vehicle Organisations > Ontario Military Vehicle Association News

Notices

Old 06-09-16, 16:16

Default Milton Steam Era 2016

We will be posting some pictures from the very successful OMVA event on the Labour Day weekend. I for one have a fabulous time from Thursday afternoon until Monday afternoon. I can only say it seemed like everyone that was at steam era walked or drove their tractor thought the OMVA display. I would like to know the numbers of visitors that went through our display. We had a very good turn out from our own members. The vehicle display was almost fill with a good variation of different vehicles. The reception from the public as well as the event organizers was overwhelming ! Thanks to all that took the time to either stop in or to bring out their vehicles. We had lots of help manning the displays and moving vehicles from local collectors to and from the show. I would like to say that without the help of Terry Witiuk it would not have been so easy for my and the show would just not been the same without him. Also to Mel and Brenda Gabel for putting up with me in their home all weekend. As I was drive my command car home to Oshawa along to 401 & 407 last night I was a little sad that the event was over but looking forward to the next one. I hope that you are encourage to bring your vehicles out next year to make it even better. Again thanks to all !

Last edited by Les Fisher; 08-09-16 at 14:42.
Old 06-09-16, 19:35

I attended on Friday and enjoyed the show very much. I was surprised by the large turnout of military vehicles on display! It was great to meet some fellow MLU users and put some "faces to names". Looking forward to next year!
Old 08-09-16, 00:00

Great event with tons of very cool Steam vehicles , great cross section of MV's
Old 08-09-16, 03:54

Thankyou to those that spent time organizing this event and setting up the OMVA area. I had a great time attending and checking out everything there was to see.

I got a pleasant surprise when I drove back to the display after touring the grounds with some friends and their kids in the jeep. Thank you very much for selecting my jeep and 10cwt trailer for an award. I was blown away.

I'm already looking forward to next years show.
C15A-Wire3, 1944
Willys MB, 1942
10cwt Canadian trailer
Old 10-09-16, 03:37

Default Omva milton 2016

Some pics from Milton.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_5362.jpg   IMG_5342.jpg   IMG_5396.jpg   IMG_5511.jpg  
1943 GM HUA (Project)
1962 Daimler Ferret (Sold)
Old 10-09-16, 03:45

Default Omva milton 2016

More pics and a few more to come.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_5316.jpg   IMG_5331.jpg   IMG_5445.jpg   IMG_5563.jpg   IMG_5533.jpg  

1943 GM HUA (Project)

Last edited by Terry Witiuk; 10-09-16 at 03:54.
Old 10-09-16, 03:51

Default Omva milton 2016

And a few more.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_5507.jpg   IMG_5326.jpg   IMG_5364.jpg   IMG_5519.jpg   IMG_5530.jpg  

1943 GM HUA (Project)
Old 11-09-16, 17:00

Default Omva milton 2016

Just a few words to add to what others have already said.

It truly was a great event and I believe it exceeded any/all expectations. Not only was there an excellent turnout of MV’s but the great number of vintage steam, gas and diesel powered vehicles/equipment was spectacular! A big thanks to the Hamilton Signals Association Vintage Signals Team and Sergiy from the Toronto branch of the International Plastic Modellers Society. Your excellent displays were popular with the crowds and were a very significant part of the overall exhibit. Also, a big thanks to those who came out to either visit, chat or display a vehicle. Your participation was very much appreciated, added to the success of the event and OMVA.

Now in its 56th year, the organizers of the Steam-Era event do an amazing job! These folks are the Ontario Steam and Antique Preservers Association (OSAPA). Aside from my five years in the Royal Canadian Navy that took me away from the GTA, this is where I’ve grown up/lived and have never been to this event. Earlier in July, I met with Frazer McLeod (OSAPA President) and was given a tour of the site, Country Heritage Park. Although very impressed, I could never have imagined how big of a show it really is. According to Frazer, between paying visitors, members and exhibitors, the event drew a crowd of about 8000 with visitors from as far away as Chile, Holland and Spain. The date never changes, mark it down on your calendar, Steam-Era, Labour Day weekend. To Frazer, Courtney and the others at OSAPA...Thanks for having us and extending such a warm welcome. Greatly appreciated and very much look forward to next year.

Along with everything else militaria, I never seem to get a big enough dose of MV. I had a great weekend which ended way too fast. Between OMVA Milton, Aquino and a few other events...this has been a great year! My Ferret has certainly made this hobby fun but the people I’ve met have made it AWESOME! Thanks for the friendship....Les, Barry, Brian(1), Brian(2), Kolten, Sergiy, Bill(1), Bill(2), Bill(3), Alan, Ross, Josef, Danny, Brian(1), Brian(2), Wendy, Angus, Jeff, Dennise, Mike, Don, Terri, Paula-Ann, Matt, Kirk, Frank, Colleen, Ken, Eugene, Charlie, Jordan, Hugh, Ian, Bob, Mel, Francis, Frazer, Courtney, Adam, Rob, Al, Jeremy, Robin, Don, Bryan, Peter, Sandra, Richard, Ulrich, Robert, Ian, Al, Greg, Sandy, Chad, Mike and many more!

Michael R. Thanks for setting up the modular tent on the Thursday. After Angus and I helped Brian to take it down on Monday afternoon, I can't believe that you put it up by yourself. Again, Thanks.
1943 GM HUA (Project)

Last edited by Terry Witiuk; 11-09-16 at 21:35.