MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > MILITARY VEHICLES > The Armour Forum

Notices

Old 11-02-24, 20:02

Default 37mm Gun Mount Search

It's been a bloomin' long time since I have been on here. But now that I have less distractions and have recovered my password, I'm back. And in search of M3A1 Stuart tank parts!

I am after a few bits for the tank, and doubtless many more bits will come to light once I get stuck into it properly! For now I have to find a few parts that I KNOW I am in need of.

In particular I am trying to find an M23 or M23A1 combination mount for the 37mm gun. I have the gun and recoil assembly, but sadly no way to fix it into the turret!

I am also on the hunt for one (or hopefully two) driver's seats, both ammunition racks. I am also after the arm that connects the gunners periscope to the 37mm. The elevation toothed arch and a speedo.

As I say, there's a variety of other parts that I will probably/certainly need. But until I strip down the tank I won't know what I need.

Any other parts available would certainly be interesting to me.

All the best,

Tom
Old 16-02-24, 16:16

Default M3A1 Stuart Parts

Tom,
I have reproduction brass M23 gun mount data plates. $60 plus postage.
I also have a some spare M3A1 Stuart parts, but none of the parts you listed.
Steve
Old 20-02-24, 01:56
Chase Rath

I can't help with actual parts, but would Ordnance Drawings be of any help to you?

I've stumbled upon a few for the M3 Light tanks in my last couple years of research.

I've attached a clip from "Weapons Mounts for Secondary Armament", it covers secondary weapons mounts for various armored vehicles... listing sources of information such as Ordnance Drawings, Ordnance Commitee Minutes, Technical Manuals, etc.

It has helped me located various items at the National Archives.

I have Ordnance Drawing D50077 and a few others I can send if you think they will help.

For the Mount Refernces on the attached page:

OCM is Ordnance Committee Minutes
SNL A-55 Sec. 6 is going to be the Ordnance Supply Catalogue (Spare Parts Catalog)
RAPD is the Raritan Arsenal Publications Dept.
Attached Thumbnails
6.jpg  
Old 28-02-24, 21:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseR83 View Post
I can't help with actual parts, but would Ordnance Drawings be of any help to you?

I've stumbled upon a few for the M3 Light tanks in my last couple years of research.

I've attached a clip from "Weapons Mounts for Secondary Armament", it covers secondary weapons mounts for various armored vehicles... listing sources of information such as Ordnance Drawings, Ordnance Commitee Minutes, Technical Manuals, etc.

It has helped me located various items at the National Archives.

I have Ordnance Drawing D50077 and a few others I can send if you think they will help.

For the Mount Refernces on the attached page:

OCM is Ordnance Committee Minutes
SNL A-55 Sec. 6 is going to be the Ordnance Supply Catalogue (Spare Parts Catalog)
RAPD is the Raritan Arsenal Publications Dept.
Hi

Thanks for your reply. Absolutely that would be helpful. I am searching for a mount (whether that comes to anything, we'll see), but I suspect that I may have to fabricate something!

I will send you a PM as well about this.

All the best

Tom