MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > BUY, TRADE or SELL > For Sale Or Wanted

Notices

Old 08-04-06, 02:11
T-16, C15A

Default Carrier For Sale

This item from http://www.architecturals.net/antiqu...productID=8280

1941 Universal Carrier (Bren Gun Carrier)
Universal Carrier: Mk 1. Manufactured by Ford Canada, Windsor. March, 1941. Serial No. TL238F. Current ownership 25 years. Always stored indoors. This carrier has all original armour, has never been cut. Original mirrors, fire extinguisher (DND Army stamped) , gerry cans, most tools, motor (flat head Ford V8) etc. Bren guns (2) have been disabled. Code on side 41-238. Runs perfectly. This should be considered a very fine original, unspoiled, reconditioned unit. It didn't need much to bring it to it's present condition. Perfect candidate for 100 point restoration or finest original example. All transportation costs to be born by purchaser. Unit located 1 hour east of Toronto, Ontario, short distance off main Hwy 401.
$21,000.00

I don't know whom the seller is, but I don't think I have any connections. Looks like an original unit.

Stewart
Old 08-04-06, 16:03
GM Fox I

Default Its Elliots carrier

I'm 99% certain this is the Elliot Bros. carrier in Newtonville. It is as described, and best of all has all the early features like the crowbar on the front and the nice big brass I.D. plate on the right fender. The Elliots have a large collection of CMP and other neat stuff inside, but as they've sold off the Otter and Fox recently (and now the carrier) I guess the time to sell has finally arrived. Those of us in Ontario have speculated for years what would happen when it did...either a big auction, a mass sale to one owner or piece by piece.

(what's left? 12 and 13 cab Ford gun tractors, 13 cab 15cwt Chev, a 15cwt Chev training chassis, 12 cab 8cwt Chev...DUKW?)
Old 08-04-06, 23:10

Default Carrier

You're a sharp tack Bruce. The dull background and price give it away too. The asking price for the Fox and otter was $60,000 so went to someone with deep pockets. I expected the big sale one day by them or their heirs. Instead they have pieced the vehicles out and just throw out the hook and wait. Nothing outside is saveable anymore. Time and weathering have solved the problem. Plus the Ministry of the environment rules are so crushing I think one day they will walk away from it all.
Old 09-04-06, 03:48
GM Fox I

Default But then...

It was yards like the Elliots loaded with rare CMP's that got guys like me hooked in the first place. I enjoyed going through the their yard dreaming. Watching the outside stuff deteriorate over the years was depressing, but still, I'm glad they did what they did, and if they can get a decent price for the good stuff, good on 'em!!
Old 11-04-06, 00:14

Default More on it

Now this is odd. I was at Elliott's today. Don and George insist this is not their carrier. Why? Their carrier has a price of 25,000,
not the 21,000 shown on the ad. They are not advertising it either. However the carrier pictured and described IS their carrier.
It is described exactly. Up to the bren guns and equipment.
They had a visitor last fall who took photos of the carrier and DUKW. They suspect this may be the person but caution "Not for sale at $21,000." If anyone is interested there is a $12,000 TRW there too.
Old 11-04-06, 06:03
BIG MIKE

THat makes me feel alot better. Now I know my carrier will be worth millions when I retire in 30 years LOL. Cheers BIG MIKE