MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > GENERAL WW2 TOPICS > WW2 Military History & Equipment

Notices

Old 20-08-04, 11:04
RIP

Default Netherlands East Indies Army - new site

Dear MLU fellows!

In order not to swamp MLU with KNIL stuff, I have put my pictures and documents on:

http://groups.msn.com/KNIL-history

There You will find 1) Documents on organization and deployment 2) Photos of equipment including vehicles.

Welcome!

Stellan B

Last edited by Stellan Bojerud (RIP); 22-08-04 at 13:13.
Old 20-08-04, 14:46
Dog Robber

Default Bravo!!!!!

Stellan:
A very nice job, that one and I will be visiting often and hopefully contributing as well.

However......Now you are a Webmaster yourself which carries all of those nasty responsibilities.

How are you going to find time to continue supporting your local pub and the beer companies??

Bill
Old 21-08-04, 14:51
RIP

Default KNIL

Thank You Bill!

I have added a few pictures. Now i am planning to withdrawl to Restaurant Chez Michel.

Stellan

PS! Does the toolbars come in English or Swedish. I opted for English but still I get them in Swedish (which you can read but most of the MLU members cannot).
Old 22-08-04, 00:12
Dog Robber

Evening Stellan:
Well, yes, one must always keep ones priorities in the right order so I am glad you are not abandoning your friendly pub.

For the moment all toolbars are in Swedish. As you say, not a problem for me but not likely to make it easy for non Scandinavians.

As you are will aware, almost all such sites offer some sort of choice, usually a national flag, for languages other than the one of the country of origin. Or, they choose to use the current "International" language of English. I know the French hate that but, well, there you are. The way the Chinese are going about building up their industrial base we may be well advised to start learning that language.

Let me not make light of your website, by the way. The efforts of folks like you and Nuyt are going to provide a very valuable look at bits and pieces of history that a few years ago none of us would have ever had a chance to review.

In that sense, I am really enjoying the opportunity to join or watch the many sites I have discovered in the last couple of years. I have a University Degree in World History which I thought rather a lot of until I started surfing the Internet and getting into discussions with Poles, Rumanians, Thais and yes even Swedes, Norwegians and Finns about their roles not only in WWII but in history in general. I now realize I learned rather little in University other than what the US system wanted me to learn. To use some old American slang, "I be lots smarter now".

Keep up the good work but don't forget your friends at the pub.
MVH
Bill
Old 22-08-04, 13:32
RIP

Default KNIL-history

Thanks Bill!

I do agree. I have learnt more from watching historical sites than i did in school. During my years as a student with the General Staff Academy in Stockholm i specialized in Military History.

Then I worked 1986-93 as a Reserarch Officer with the Department of Mil Hist. In 1999-2001 I was Head of Dept War Hist and 2001-2003 Head instructor of mil Hist with the Gen Staff Acad. Now I have a part-time job as Ass Prof with Stockholm University and a full time as beer consumer.

Anyhow I changed the link so now it is in English:
http://groups.msn.com/KNIL-history

Best wishes

Stellan