MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > BUY, TRADE or SELL > For Sale Or Wanted

Notices

Old 07-03-06, 18:41

Default Canadian Boots wanted

I am after a pair of Canadian war-time pattern boots if any one has any. I am not worried if they are post-war dated provided they are the correct pattern. Must be in wearable condition.

Size 9, continental size 43 required.
Old 08-03-06, 05:54
Derek Heuring

Default Re: Canadian Boots wanted

Quote:
Originally posted by Neil Ashley
I am after a pair of Canadian war-time pattern boots if any one has any. I am not worried if they are post-war dated provided they are the correct pattern. Must be in wearable condition.

Size 9, continental size 43 required.
The type of boot you want will vary depending upon which year of the war you want to portray. Everybody associates the ankle high, pebble finish "Ammunition boot" as the standard for the WW II Canadian soldier. This wasn't always so. Upon mobilization there weren't enough ammunition boots to kit everybody with so many soldiers wore shoes or work boots. In 1942 high leather boots with buckles were issued and were worn alongside ammunition boots. The high boots had the added bonus of not needing anklets to secure the trouser bottoms. The boots also had hobnails and heel and toe irons for which I've included a pic.
I've seen a few WW II dated ammunition boots in size 9 come up for sale on ebay now and then...all too small for me or I would have bought a pair. I use my recent issue boots...ankle for parades and combat for reenactments without the stitch Nazis saying anything, in fact, there is a post war pair of size 8 1/2 ankle boots for sale on ebay right now. Check item # 6563942572. Hope this helps.

CHIMO!
Attached Thumbnails
sleepingrsm.jpg  
Old 08-03-06, 08:50

Sapper

Thanks for the reply.

I am after a pair of standard ankle boots without the toe cap.
Operating vehicles I do not use hob nails in my boots because it is dangerous and it damages the vehicles.

Peter Kniest, trading under the name of Westland Militaria in Holland is some one who advertises a lot of Canadian kit including boots.

Unfortunately he is some else who has a very plush web site and does not like responding to e-mails.
Old 08-03-06, 18:53

You can get reproduction Canadian boots at What Price Glory: http://www.whatpriceglory.com/ukfoot.htm