MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > BUY, TRADE or SELL > For Sale Or Wanted

Notices

Old 18-06-16, 13:09
Adrian Barrell

Default Ebay purchase from Canada

I'm not sure if this is the right place but..... I need a couple of rear flood lamps for my high speed tractor and have found a pair of the correct ones on ebay in Manitoba. However, the seller won't ship anywhere but Canada and the US.

Could somebody buy them on my behalf and send them on to me please? I will obviously pay all costs at every step.

Please PM if able to help.

Thanks in advance,

Adrian
Old 18-06-16, 14:38

Default Ebay

PM sent on eBay purchase
Old 18-06-16, 17:16

Default eBay parts

Email sent.
J.P.
Old 19-06-16, 00:38
Bluebell

This is getting to be a problem. I asked the guy on Fordbarn forum to sell me parts for Holley (Ford 94) carburettors. He is the guru there for them. He does these carbs (i think) for a living. Anyhow he told me that New Zealand is a third world country and he cant send stuff here. I need an East coast address in the states. i am looking at setting up through an agent there somewhere.
Anyone else finding this to be a growing problem? So much for being "allied"

Carrier Armoured O.P. No1 Mk3 W. T84991
Carrier Bren No2.Mk.I. NewZealand Railways. NZR.6.
Dodge WC55. 37mm Gun Motor Carriage M6
Jeep Mb #135668
So many questions....
Old 19-06-16, 09:35
Adrian Barrell

Thank you to everybody who has offered to help, it looks like I am sorted now.

A great bunch here and as Lynn points out, with sellers seemingly getting less interested in shipping away from home, something that this community could be a lifeline for.

I know these sort of requests appear from time to time but if I can help anybody in a similar way, just ask!

Thanks again to all.
Old 21-06-16, 09:08
Driver Advance!

Adrian, I can always do it, just send a email.

Lance
43 Humber AC MK IV F133744 "Vandal" tri-owner
43 A27L Centaur MK III T185481
Old 21-06-16, 18:04
3RD ECHELON WKSP

Lots of US based vendors are leery to send stuff outside of the US.
Not sure if it is the government propaganda machine that has guys scared or what the issue is. Seems like it's no problem sending to the US as lots of guys import stuff. I have even run into situations where as soon as they know you are a "foreigner" they are no longer willing to deal, even in person.
Can anyone from the USA explain this situation?

1968 M274A5 Mule Baifield USMC
1966 M274A2 Mule BMY USMC
1958 M274 Mule Willys US Army
1970 M38A1 CDN3 70-08715 1 CSR
1981 MANAC 3/4T CDN trailer
1943 Converto Airborne Trailer
1983 M1009 CUCV

RT-524, PRC-77s,
and trucks and stuff and more stuff and and.......

OMVA, MVPA, G503, Steel Soldiers
Old 21-06-16, 21:01

Last week I ordered two rocker adjuster screws from a tractor dealer in Iowa. These were the last in stock in the world and I needed them bad but they wouldn't ship to Canada. I asked for an explanation and they passed me on to the office girls. They explained that they quite often have been burned by Purolator with extra charges long after the customer has been billed and satisfied. I explained how Purolator charges me any extra when the part arrives so it should be the same for anyone. Bottom line was they wouldn't under any circumstance ship to Canada. Luckily Les Fishers daughter lives just down the road and she will stick these in the mail for me. I have heard lots of reasons to not ship but this was the first for this one.
Cheers,
Barry
Old 22-06-16, 02:39

Barry.

I think the bottom line here is that it is just too much trouble for them to figure out the extra paperwork for shipping out of country, they know how the system works within America, and they just don't want to take the time to climb up and look outside the box.

A potential further fly in the ointment I have recently heard about is that some venders in the USA are now stepping away from PayPal for payment because the buyer can 'hide their real home address'. They will only take credit card payment and will decline your purchase when your foreign address shows up. Not at all sure where that issue is coming from.

David
Old 22-06-16, 22:55

I think some are concerned about ITAR, or don't understand the rules and the others may have an issue with not being paid due to some fraud perpetrated by people in other countries. I have always thought of the US in the same way as Canada and with few exceptions have always had a good experience. As mentioned, some just won't deal outside of the US and that's fine, as I can find most what I want elsewhere.

For Case tractor parts, I have found a small family business that knows what I need, will ship USPS and are as helpful as anyone could ever expect. I now deal with them, rather than others I have used in the past and especially the local overpriced and under motivated Case dealer. If anyone wants the contact info, I can post it up later.
Old 22-06-16, 23:18

Frankly speaking, with humans involved there is always a chance for fraud somewhere, and trust me, vendors can screw you too and hide behind being in a foreign country.

I was once the victim of a fraudster who cashed my money order (remember those) and failed to send me my stuff. Thankfully I was informed that the US Postal Service take a dime view of fraud perpetrated through the mail and I got them involved and got satisfaction very quickly, the amount of the purchase you may ask? $30, not much but enough to hurt my pocket book.

You have to do what you have to do these days, some of us live in easy striking distance of the border and we use a Kinek account and go over collect our wares and drag them back and pay up at the border. It seems to be the easiest way all around, the US vendor doesn't have to export and it is a doddle coming in with stuff and our CBSA loves to take my money.

I have purchased items for others and was the one who has bought the items for Adrian in this case and have had others buy for me.

It is a whole new whacky world out there and it will only get worse.

Home of the Maple Leaf Adapter
2 Canadian Mk1 Ferrets
Kawasaki KLR250 CFR 95-10908 ex PPCLI
Canadair CL70 CFR 58-91588
Armstrong MT500 serial CFR 86-78530
Two Canam 250s
Land Rover S3 Commanders Caravan Carawagon 16 GN 07
Trailer Cargo 3/4 T 2WHD 38 GJ 62
Old 22-06-16, 23:29
carrier mech

The potential fines under ITAR (if it is military vehicle or military items) from the US will deeply hurt or bankrupt many businesses. Not that I think John Deer headlights fall under that, but it is the case with many other items. I have even had dealers refuse to ship made in Canada items back to Canada.
Old 23-06-16, 01:39

[QUOTE=David Dunlop;225963]Barry.

I think the bottom line here is that it is just too much trouble for them to figure out the extra paperwork for shipping out of country, they know how the system works within America, and they just don't want to take the time to climb up and look outside the box.

David, I suspect you may be right. Many businesses will not do anything above the norm. Lots of times it is probably not the management but the lazy a$$ employees. If you can't get good service in places where you are standing right there just think what happens when you are on the phone.
Barry
Old 25-06-16, 15:43

I have run into the same problem with buying something on EBay in the UK. The seller won't sell to the USA. Luckily, I have my sister-in-law living in Stroud that will receive my purchases against the day I come over for a visit. Otherwise, I have her receive it and re-post to me.

I have had a number of UK based friends willing to receive and store items for me, and have been happy to "pay it forward" by bidding for something for an out-of-country friend or letting them put my address as the deliver to.
Old 26-06-16, 10:00

I do the same from Canada. Have an uncle in Toronto who I get my 'green stuff' mailed to, then he brings over here on his many visits! He travelled very light, but not when I've been buying!!
Old 26-06-16, 10:01

I do the same from Canada. Have an uncle in Toronto who I get my 'green stuff' mailed to, then he brings over here on his many visits! He travelled very light, but not when I've been buying!!
Old 30-06-16, 03:59

Default buying from Canada

I have bought many things from the US .UPS charged me $44 to collect a $6 gst .I forgot to tell the shipper not to use UPS .there is no regulations as to what they want to charge .I have a fellow that has a shipping point in the US and he forwards it to me
M2A1Halftrack ,CMP #11 F15A1 #13 F15A1
RAF Fordson Tractor, 42 WLC HD
No.2MK11 CT267514 center CB24713 bottom hull25701 ,No.2 MK2 parts
MK1 10128 ,(2) MK1 ,Parts Hull9305 .Hull 10407
Hull plate # 7250 all have walk plate on back steps
1917 Patent modle amphibious army tank