MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > 'B' ECHELON > The Sergeants' Mess

Notices

Old 10-07-11, 19:00
Terry Warner

Default News flash - Ottawa Rotters delay bank robbery

Friday morning I met MLU'er Alex outside a neighbourhood bank branch. We got caught up on the important issues of the day, and said our goodbyes. I returned a half-hour later (won't say why, but my wallet was not in my pocket the first time). What? Cop car out front door and a hurried sign taped to the inside doors apologized for closure after a quote incident.

Saturday's paper told the story. It seems a lanky, black-skinned youth wearing a baggy pants, a white t-shirt and a New York Yankees ball cap (probably turned backwards) was suspected of armed robbery. The cops swarmed the neighbourhood and found a malfunctioning cordless telephone emitting a similar radio frequency to the bank bag's radio beacon tracker. The old doll who lived in the house typifies the demographic in the area. Neither she, Alex or me match the description of the robber. The police search continues.

So the moral of the story is, the mere presence of an Ottawa Rotter is enough to defeat urban crime. The overwhelming force of our personalities is enough to discourage even the most brazen of thieves.

- 74-????? M151A2
- 70-08876 M38A1
- 53-71233 M100CDN trailer

Beware! The Green Disease walks among us!
Old 10-07-11, 19:29
"Mr. Manual", sadly no longer with us

Default Bad guys..

Terry..
That sucker was the luckiest crook alive..Could you imagine if he had showed up when we were there..??
He must have been eying us up when we were chatting by the car directly opposite the front door of the bank,and said to him self....
"look at those two big guys outside the bank....I better wait til they take off or if they catch me ,my skinny black ass will look like blown out tractor tube after they quit beating on it...!!"
And so he must have held off..lucky for him...
Because I saw nothing and you went back home for your wallet,only a few minutes from the bank,and then I heard about it on the car radio..so he was in and out in a few minutes...
Lots of excitement for a Saturday morning..
It was great talking to you..
Alex