MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > 'B' ECHELON > The Sergeants' Mess

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 26-09-06, 23:36
carrier mech

Default Dibble = Big Mike ??

I read one or two of this new guys posts yesterday, and the grammer sure does ring a bell. Words dibble uses (and in some cases repeatedly) like "earlyer", "sum" (instead of some), and "ware" (vice where), "hopfully", "differance", or "execpt" when checked in the MLU search feature, all feed back to Big Mike.

If I'm wrong, then my apologies to dibble.

If I'm right, then Big Mike, you still owe me $10 for the alemite grease gun adapter I sent you. You might also want to try and use spell check if you are going to try and sneak back on to forums at which you wore out your welcome.

Last edited by rob love; 28-09-06 at 14:04.
Old 27-09-06, 16:03
3RD ECHELON WKSP

If I may be so bold as to ask our Moderator a question....

Whatever happened to users submitting a name when they join up on MLU rather than a "handle" or "nickname" ?
Was this not a policy or am I just confused?

It is certainly nicer to know who we are communicating with and if one has nothing to hide there's no reason not to use "real names"...

My .02 worth

And BTW, just in case this is Dibble's real name, my apologies.
Maybe Mr John Q. Dibble can enlighten us...

1968 M274A5 Mule Baifield USMC
1966 M274A2 Mule BMY USMC
1958 M274 Mule Willys US Army
1970 M38A1 CDN3 70-08715 1 CSR
1981 MANAC 3/4T CDN trailer
1943 Converto Airborne Trailer
1983 M1009 CUCV

RT-524, PRC-77s,
and trucks and stuff and more stuff and and.......

OMVA, MVPA, G503, Steel Soldiers
Old 27-09-06, 19:49
carrier mech

It's gotta be Big Mike. Now "Dibble" has used the word "thier" in substitution for "there". If you search the word "thier" on MLU search feature, you will find that Big Mike uses the word for both "there" and "their".

An example of Mike's useage of the word:

"GOOD thing thier wern't any canadians in the MOvie it would of ruined it, opps sorry they were getting captured at the time Just my memory"

Come on Big Mike "dibble" Greeley, fess up.
Old 27-09-06, 19:59
former OC MLU, AKA 'Jif' - sadly no longer with us

Quote:
Originally posted by chris vickery
If I may be so bold as to ask our Moderator a question....
Of course you may, Mr. Vickery. That doesn't guarantee you an answer, though...

Ref your point, a valid one I agree; however, it's terribly difficult to find the time to write everyone who registers with a moniker instead of a name, to ask the name associated. I spend enough time trying to weed out potential spammers/hackers before I approve their memberships as it is (you have no idea how many have tried to get in ).

Best I can do in cases like this is to watch the newbies to get a take on their approach to us with finger on the proverbial DELETE button just in case. Some applicants I even leave unregistered until they email me to ask why they can't post - those I deal with at that point. Most don't write back, though, confirming my original assessment.

I don't like monikers either, but as a whole, I think we do OK compared to some other forums. It always helps when the membership-at-large is vigilant, too, and of course logged IP addresses speak their own language...
Old 27-09-06, 21:03
3RD ECHELON WKSP

Thank You Master Sunray.
I was not implying that you needed any more work to do as it is obvious that you do much as is...
I've to agree with Rob Love on this one though, Mr Dibble I am certain is one "Big Mike" who we are all too familiar with...

1983 M1009 CUCV

RT-524, PRC-77s,

Old 29-09-06, 08:04
Bluebell

Default I D etc.

While we are about this subject, I find it a little poor that so many choose not to give a location. As in "Dibbles" case, it's "North America" (a large chunk of the globe) Mr Sunray Sir Can I respectfully ask that you tighten up on the general ID requirements.
Id like to think that those of us on the forum are of suitable character enough so as not to need to be un identifiable. one example I recall was someboby wishing to buy a part, but to most of us there was no clue as to which part of the world he resides in. Surely in the case of A North American, the name of a State shouldn't make someone feel (except for "Big Mike") too exposed? Maybe I'm being a bit one eyed, Does anyone have a problem with this?

Carrier Armoured O.P. No1 Mk3 W. T84991
Carrier Bren No2.Mk.I. NewZealand Railways. NZR.6.
Dodge WC55. 37mm Gun Motor Carriage M6
Jeep Mb #135668
So many questions....
Old 29-09-06, 08:23

Default Re: I D etc.

Quote:
Originally posted by Lynn Eades
Does anyone have a problem with this?
I sure don't.

Cheers
Cliff

Gympie, Queensland
Australia
Old 29-09-06, 09:36
No1, Mk 2** (I'm back!)

Me neither, set the Tomahawks to "Cruise".
33º 29'.029 S 150º 09'.412 E
Old 29-09-06, 11:12
Dibble

I don't have a problem either.

Regards Dibble
Old 29-09-06, 12:24
Bluebell

Mr Dribble, you dont appear to be denying or defending your position, with regards Rob and Chris's comments.
What's that saying about how the silence screams it's message?

Carrier Armoured O.P. No1 Mk3 W. T84991
Carrier Bren No2.Mk.I. NewZealand Railways. NZR.6.
Dodge WC55. 37mm Gun Motor Carriage M6
Jeep Mb #135668
So many questions....
Old 29-09-06, 12:59
"Mr. Manual", sadly no longer with us

Default A question of civility....

Quote:
Originally posted by Lynn Eades
Mr Dribble, you dont appear to be denying or defending your position, with regards Rob and Chris's comments.
What that saying about how the silence screams it's message?

Now I originally brought up the identification and location subject many moons ago and Jif replyed the same way he has this time and I respect that...The man has his hands full as it is...
Now having said that ,I still thought that it may help that before posting a person has to be registered ..so when they register some of the little blocks should be mandatory with a little astrick,comme ca...* other wise the registration would fail...
But not being a computer geek,do not know what is involved in this setting up..
I know secure sites that require registration allways require it so maybe we could do it here(We ...meaning Jif...when and if he can)

Now as for the similiarities between The notorious,crude,uncouth,obnoxious,whisky swilling,loudmouthed iggerant,bore...Big Mike(Being somewhat like my self),if Mr.Dibble acts like he has been posting,which I see no problem with,why keep guessing who he is?...If I was Mr. Dibble,I would be laughing at all the attention I was getting and never tell who I was..Let him/her/it be...as long as him/her/it/ is civil,who can ask for more..?
(Big Mike's postings were crude at times ,but interesting reading anyway(To me at least))...hope he hasn't got his finger caught in the track someplace out in the wilds of Pothole,USA....
My .02 worth...

But if Dibble is around here long enough y'all will find out who he is..
Time and rusty old trucks eventually will bring us all out of the woodwork..

Dibble/Big Mike....

http://www.funnyclicks.com/fakes06/lbush.jpg

:dh:
Old 29-09-06, 16:15
3RD ECHELON WKSP

The arrogance is astounding, United States , Northeast certainly narrows it down...
Chris Vickery Rockwood Ontario Canada

1983 M1009 CUCV

RT-524, PRC-77s,

Old 29-09-06, 17:17
Dibble

Thank you Mr Blair, I really don't understand all the comotion, over my Name, seems Kinda Funny, Anyways all I ask is for Info on how to put my Carrier back together, and i'm not Screaming

Have Fun

Regards DIBBLE
Old 29-09-06, 17:45

The commotion, dear sir, is our innate distrust - born of sad experience - of those who insist on remaining incognito. You will note that MLU is perhaps unique in the field of military forums in that most members not only use their own names, but even in cases where not, have no objections to identifying themselves above and beyond their monikers.

For some reason you are resisting this - how can we not be suspicious?

I'll leave that with you. Trust me, were it possible, positive IDs WOULD be a condition of membership here.
Old 29-09-06, 19:18
Dibble

I'm not going to identify myself for people who 1. chastized me In language spelling or making fun off. If this is the type of Forum's you have? then so be it.2 Besides I "own my own Name" and it wasent a requirment when I joined, If you make it so sir then I will Obid by that rule as will everyone else, It sounds like more like a "Witch hunt" very silly and imature of who is going to get the Golden ruler of who I am , None of your buizness, and I'm sure thier are folks on this forum who would agree. Sorry to be harsh.

Regards Dibble
Old 29-09-06, 20:00
Brad Mills

Hey Mr. Dibble ,

Don't stress out over things its not good for the ticker.

The guys on the forum are just protective of it, which is good as it keeps it crisp and clean and one of the best sources of information out there on the hobby.

Have fun and be good.:-)

Brad
Old 29-09-06, 21:29

Quote:
Originally posted by Dibble
I'm not going to identify myself for people who 1. chastized me In language spelling or making fun off. If this is the type of Forum's you have? then so be it.2 Besides I "own my own Name" and it wasent a requirment when I joined, If you make it so sir then I will Obid by that rule as will everyone else, It sounds like more like a "Witch hunt" very silly and imature of who is going to get the Golden ruler of who I am , None of your buizness, and I'm sure thier are folks on this forum who would agree. Sorry to be harsh.

Regards Dibble
If there's anyone out there who disagrees with our concept of a web community, let them step forth and speak for themselves. We have certainly made our position and preferences clear.
Old 29-09-06, 21:34
"Mr. Manual", sadly no longer with us

Default Dibble...

Quote:
Originally posted by Brad Mills
Hey Mr. Dibble ,

Don't stress out over things its not good for the ticker.

The guys on the forum are just protective of it, which is good as it keeps it crisp and clean and one of the best sources of information out there on the hobby.

Have fun and be good.:-)

Brad
Brad has the right idea...
Dibble.is a fine old New England name ,and not being able to spell is not a fault with the Dibbles ,it is a genetic inheritance...

Quote...

The Dibble name in North America goes back to the earliest settlements. The name "Dibble" has many variations, including Dibblee, Dibbell, Daboll, Dible, Dibol, Deble, Deeble, and more. Spelling just wasn't very important in the English language before the 19th. century. Many people bearing these names are part of one huge interrelated family; many others may not be. There is a coat of arms associated with the name, and it prominently features the gardening implement known as a dibble or beansetter.

http://www.dibblehistory.org/index.html#story

So Mr. Dibble...
Keep posting,relax,have a couple of long necks and lets get that carrier of yours on the road,after all..there are not that many of them left...
So stay civil and keep posting...
When Jif,the forum owner has enough of anyone,there is always his delete key ,but being a person who does not want to be identified on the internet for what ever reason,is no reason to be censored,In my mind anyway...
But Jif is right ,we have had some weirdos here ,and in my own case,who was this forums first poster ,after his son and himself,am sure ,have had Jif reaching for the delete key on me a time or two...but he keeps me around because he owes us a trip to Gracies Bar and grill the next time he is in the Ottawa area..
Old 29-09-06, 21:42
carrier mech

In over 57,000 posts here on MLU, the word "wasent" has only been used 5 times...all by Big Mike. Now we can make it 6.

Mike, you are truly a buffoon. As I said in the first post...if you are going to try and sneak back on to a forum that you were kicked off of, the least you could do is use spellcheck.

Everyone gets a second chance in life, even murderers and the like. But they don't get that second chance sneaking through side doors and wearing a disguise. They earn it by owning up to what they have done, ask for forgiveness, and strive to better themselves. I can't say you've done any of the above.
Old 29-09-06, 22:01

Default Big Mike

I do not know what big mike did wrong, but what I know, is that one of the things I like about the MLU forum is that there are used a lot of real names, it makes the forum more open, when you meet someone at a meeting you know his, or hers real name, it speaks a lot easyer.
So you can say this is a call to all of the people who use a nickmame, change it into your real name, we have nothing to hide.

Sorry for my bad english, to speak in the words of our French, very lucky friend, I am only Dutch

Green greetings Hendrik van Oorspronk
Willys MB
Austin K2 ATV
Welbike MK I
Volvo L475
Old 29-09-06, 22:25
Brad Mills

Default Re: Dibble...

Quote:
Originally posted by Alex Blair
There is a coat of arms associated with the name, and it prominently features the gardening implement known as a dibble or beansetter.
Alex,

I concur and I believe in my heart that a "beansetter" is very appropriate for someone like Mr. Dibble, that is if it is actually "Big Mike" who as we all know is from Beantown.:-)

GO HABS GO
Old 29-09-06, 23:24
Richard Notton

Default Re: Dibble...

Quote:
Originally posted by Alex Blair
Brad has the right idea...
Dibble.is a fine old New England name
Surely isn't he one of Trumpton's firemen under the command of Capt. Flack?
http://www.t-web.co.uk/trumptmp.htm

R.
Old 30-09-06, 00:21

Exclamation NOTICE

For the record, MLU is now in possession of definitive proof that the individuals in question are in fact one and the same.

This attempt to work around a judgement previously rendered by MLU Staff cannot be tolerated. We represent some 1300 members from around the world, and it is our considered opinion that our primary responsibility lies with them.

This thread is locked pending administrative action in the matter, and MLU will not brook any further discussion on this topic.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.