MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > 'B' ECHELON > The Sergeants' Mess

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 30-01-06, 00:21
Vets Dottir

Default Guess What?

Well folks, practical realities regards serious health and important practical matters have come together to make me have to head west of Ontario and Manitoba … permanently. Neither Province is good for my health which has deteriorated much in the Eastern winters especially … which means heading farther west. But … every chance I get, though they may be few, I’ll come back visiting this neck of the woods, even if only to Sunray because I miss doing that ( or HE misses that!!! ) and you other MLU-ers within reach of my … Hairy Beast has got off of feeling the swing of my frying pan THIS TIME when I met him … but may not be so fortunate next time

This also means that I’ll be able to see my daughters and grandkids fairly often, which is wonderful because I miss them to pieces. We’ve never been so far apart that a year and more go by between visits and my youngest daughter and I especially have a hard time not having time together!

I most wish that I’d been able to get out more and meet more of you local area MLU-ers and seen more Military history places, things, and people … or even Toronto itself. Such is life, opportunity knocked but circumstances wouldn’t allow me to go for them. I regret not meeting more of you in person.

Life in TO has been an amazing experience and I’ll be taking a lot of great memories with me … and I’ll just have to keep in touch through MLU and online now. Who knows, Me and my frying pan may be back for visits when possible.

When am I leaving? This coming Thursday. I’ll be flying to Calgary and going to my daughters, for starters. I’ll only be able to access internet sporadically for a while, perhaps a month or two, but will check in when/as I can until I’m re-settled and hooked up to the net again.

So … that’s the big news from Ma Yappy … so wish me well as I do, very much so, especially to Sunray, cats and raccoons, and all the rest of you!

Karmen aka Ma Yappy

PS: Just because I’m heading westerly again, does not make me a HIPPY, … how many hippies do you know who vote Conservative??? and nope, am NOT heading back to Nelson. (Been there done that, hospital services cut, too small and isolated a community and so forth)