MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > 'B' ECHELON > The Sergeants' Mess

Notices

Old 11-06-09, 03:01
www.REMLR.com

Default Can anybody in victoria help me?

As many of you know, i'm an outcast here because I like land rovers

I also run www.remlr.com which is all about information etc about army land rovers, mostly australian.

One of the rarer variants is the series 3 ceremonial conversions / coffin carriers. These were extensively modified with smick paint, ford engines, auto gearbox, lpg, 2wd etc etc.

Bandiana has an excellent example, and I think most still survice. If and when I get chassis numbers to confirm vehicle's heritage.

This is bandiana's unit http://www.remlr.com/S3ceremonial.html

Bandiana's is a general service land rover converted to a ceremonial vehicle. In the ceremonial fleet it's rego number was 01, before that it's rego number was 29-258, with the chassis number 94327059C.

I've got photos of, and have information about another one at the 4X4 Training and Testing ground at Werribee between Melbourne. This one is supposedly chassis number 9430021618, however as you can see it's 2 numbers too long, and the person who gave it to me lives in another state and was only visiting. Is anybody in the area, or passing by that would be able to see if they could check the chassis number on the chassis (the other number came from the rego sticker).

And the chassis number is on the LHS rear spring hanger, on the rear axle.