MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > Canadian Military Vehicle Organisations > Ontario Military Vehicle Association News

Notices

Old 02-11-16, 02:53

Default OMVA Executive: Call for Nominations

OMVA Executive: Call for Nominations

The term of office for 2 of the 4 elected positions on the Executive - President (incumbent Les Fisher) and Secretary / Membership Coordinator (incumbent Barry Churcher) expires at the end of 2016.

This is a call for nominations for those two positions for a 2 year term, commencing in 2017 and expiring at the end of 2018.

All members in good standing may stand for any elected office. A member may hold only one office. A member may be nominated by any member in good standing, other than by the nominee. A nominee must signify his willingness to serve. Nominations must be sent to me, Terry Witiuk, Vice President at : omva.cmp@gmail.com by the closing date of Saturday Nov. 12, 2016.

If an election is necessary voting shall be by secret ballot and conducted by mail, with ballots being returned before December 15. If you have any questions please contact any member of the Executive.

Cheers, Terry.
1943 GM HUA (Project)
1962 Daimler Ferret (Sold)
Old 03-11-16, 17:40

Default Executive OMVA

I would like to nominate our present President Les Fisher and Membership Co-ordinator Barry Churcher for another term if they are willing to stand for those positions again. I feel that the club has made significant strides in the right direction with their leadership and one year is not a lot of time to bring all their plans and ideas to fruition.
Old 03-11-16, 18:20
HUP guy

Default Nominations for OMVA Executive

John,

I concur with your opinion the club is headed in the right direction and agree with your nomination of Les for President and Barry for Secretary / Membership Coordinator for another term. I know both are willing to stand again and thank them for doing so. Don't forget to make your nominations directly to Terry Witiuk by email.

Cheers,

Brian
Old 03-11-16, 21:47

Default Nominations

Guys,

I strongly support the nominations of both Les and Barry for their current positions.

Peter
Old 08-11-16, 01:00
RC Sigs

Default OMVA Executive

I would like to add my two cents. I think the organization is heading in the right direction. I would like to see Les and Barry continue what they have started.
M-37 52-30890
M-220 CDN 53-
Iltis 85-87789
LSVW Trailer 2910-1210
M-100 CDN
M-101 CDN2
Chev 5/4 76-
OMVA MVPA AVMQ CAFA CAFL
Old 14-11-16, 17:26

Default Nominations for OMVA President and Secretary/Membership Coordinator

Nominations for the positions of President and Secretary/Membership Coordinator have now closed, with one nomination received for each position:

Les Fisher – President

Barry Churcher – Secretary / Membership Coordinator

Les and Barry have now confirmed they will stand. As an election is not necessary they are acclaimed in their positions, with their term to expire in 2018.*

Congratulations to Les and Barry and thanks to all members who either nominated or showed their support for those nominations.

Cheers, Terry Witiuk
OMVA Vice-President
1943 GM HUA (Project)
1962 Daimler Ferret (Sold)
Old 16-11-16, 21:04

I would like to take this opportunity to thank those that posted support for Barry and myself to continue our jobs for another two years. I thank my nominators John Tatham and Brian Gough for nominating us. It is good to see the support for us both. We have had a very good year to date and look forward to planning the next year of club activities. Lastly I want to thank Terry for handling the nomination process.
Les...