MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > BUY, TRADE or SELL > For Sale Or Wanted

Notices

Old 03-10-12, 19:06
Frankencarrier owner

Default 150 Years of Service: The Royal Westminster Regiment

As part of the various 150 year commemorative projects we are engaged in, there is now available this excellent pictorial text. Funds raised will be used for various projects, including the restoration of a Bren Gun Carrier as a monument to our WW2 veterans.

http://www.vivalogue.ca/royal_westminster_regiment.php
Old 04-10-12, 03:51

Default R Westmr R

Hey Hans I joined the Mailing list maybe I can get some info before its already passed.
Jeff
Old 04-10-12, 07:14

Thumbs up jeff....

Jeff ....maybe you could donate your latest Aquisition to the Westie's Cause???...Robert
Old 04-10-12, 07:29

Default PS ....Hans!

Hans....waiting for a reply to my emails and photos.......Robert
Old 04-10-12, 16:58

Default P.S Hans

Ha! My point as well
Hey Robert do you have anything to donate to my project?
Jeff
Old 05-10-12, 06:54

Thumbs up Project???

So Jeff....what is your project and what do you need. Your current project should be making sure your Jeep is up and running for the BC Lions Game Salute to the Veterans Half Time Show Nov. 3rd. Is Reilly attending or playing at the event? See you there Bucko!! Robert
Old 05-10-12, 06:58

Default Hans...again...

Hans....sent off photos again tonight, of the shells. If you don't get get them, I'll see if I can get a Howitzer to fire them to Hope, for you to examine! Cheers....Robert
Old 05-10-12, 23:55
Frankencarrier owner

Got 'em, thanks!
Old 08-10-12, 23:28
MLU Administrator

As per Robert's request, a quote from the newsletter:
Quote:
The Royal Westminster Regiment - 150 years of History Book

Hello Friends and Supporters of The Royal Westminster Regiment:

As you may have already heard, The Royal Westminster Regiment will be celebrating 150 years of valiant service in 2013. To commemorate this significant milestone, we are publishing a pictorial history coffee table book as one of our " C150 " Legacy Projects. Books are now being presold and we are securing sponsors (who will have their name acknowledged in the front of the book and invited to a VIP pre-launch).

Our volunteer book team has assembled a comprehensive collection of photographs, facts, memorabilia and records, many of which are being published for the first time. This will be an interesting and comprehensive pictorial recount of our Regiment's distinguished 150 year history of service to our Country. In addition, the book will include embarkation rolls from both World Wars as well as the Boer War which will be of interest to historians and genealogists. This will be a quality hard cover book with approximately 300 pages and will make a wonderful Christmas Gift. Here is a link to the flip book sample (Scroll across and lick on the top right hand corner of the page to flip the pages): http://www.vivalogue.ca/150_RWR_sample.html

I hope you will consider supporting at the $150 level (includes one copy of the book) or at the $500 level (which includes two copies). Single copies can also be pre-ordered for $80. The cut-off for the publisher to have the supporter names in the front pages of the book is Monday, October 8th so I thought I would pass along the information in case you or your family/friends/associates may be interested in helping at the ground level. I didn't want you to miss the deadline! You can pre-purchase a copy or indicate your supporter/sponsor level online at: http://www.vivalogue.ca/royal_westminster_regiment.php

Thank you in advance for your continued support of The Royal Westminster Regiment. We look forward to seeing you at one of our C150 events in 2013!

Kind regards, KarenColonel Karen Baker-MacGrottyHonorary ColonelThe Royal Westminster Regiment Chair, C150 Pro Rege et Patria
Old 13-10-12, 17:52

Default 150th R Westmr R

The Westminster Regiment (Motor) was part of the 5th Canadian Armored Brigade that along with the Strathconas Liberated Arhnem.
The Strathconas Have a Sherman as a Monument in Arhnem The Westies as far as I know have no Mounuments except in Italy. Several of My Fathers Buddies from My Home Town of Maple Ridge served in the Westies.
Jeff
Old 15-10-12, 22:02
Frankencarrier owner

The Westies tended not to recieve as much credit for their Dutch involvement, as they arrived "late" having been otherwise engaged in Italy.