Check out this site frequently for more information:

http://militarymuster.org/

Cheers

Mike Timoshyk
Old 19-09-09, 14:41
T-16, C15A

Default 2010!?

Mike,

Can folks like us even plan that far ahead!? 2010 is more than 3 months away, so you must want us to get a calander and scribble a note on it for that date next summer.

I had a delightful time at the museum site a few weeks ago - a great venue, with on site food, and all the good stuff. The staff could not have been nicer to us when we were there.

I'll pencil those days in for 2010.

Stewart
Old 19-09-09, 18:55
former OC MLU, AKA 'Jif' - sadly no longer with us

Default Aye, Stewart

I have to concur with Stewart - the September 6th show was magnificently organised and executed! The CTMHV site is magnificent not only in it's location, but also in its administration. Sally and I camped from the Saturday through Monday, with nothing but the highest possible consideration from all CTMHV's employees. Next year's August show will be even better, considering prospective attendance and the same degree of respect we received this year!

MLU highly recommends that all of us possible consider attending the August 14-15 show next year... it will likely be the best one seen in Ontario for a very long time! Myke is to be commended for the outstanding work he's done in getting this on the road, and he deserves your support.

Many thanks also to Mickey Moulder for his far-thinking support of our unique hobby... I look forward to being hosted by him and CTMHV next year!

Join me, won't you? It will be worth your while...
Old 27-09-09, 03:22
Addicted to Drab

Default 14/15 August 2010

Many new additions to the website:

http://militarymuster.org/

check it out, mark you calendar and hope to see you there...

cheers

Mike Timoshyk

Support Our Troops

Lest We Forget
Old 06-01-10, 22:28
Addicted to Drab

Default Souther Ontario Military Muster 14-15 August 2010

Good Day everyone and Happy New Year. There has been much behind the scenes activity since taking on the challenge of setting up what should be a first class show. Many of you have kindly sent pics and descriptions of your vehicles. This is most appreciated. For those of you who have not because there is already a vehicle of your type posted, please do not let this stop you from submitting a pic and a story. Each vehicle is unique in itself. The web site has been updated daily if not weekly. As with most web sites the Web Master has his hands full and deserves all the support and acolades for getting the word out it cyber-space. Thomas Eaton is our webmaster supreme. The latest addition is a Pre-Registration link. I ask all those who have already indicated their participation to fill it out and for those who are planning on coming please do so as well. All the information will be forwarded to me and me alone for secruity reasons. The registration is important as you well know as it gives us an estimate on logistical requirements such as food, beverages and so on. This is just the first update of the new year to keep you informed on what is happening. Spread the word and see you in Acton in March.

Support our Troops

Mike Timoshyk

www.militarymuster.org
Old 16-01-10, 23:55
Addicted to Drab

Default New Poster for Southern Ontario Military Muster

New Poster for this summer's event. Feel free to print and pass around.

Thanks

Mike Timoshyk
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SOMM 2010 poster.jpg (75.5 KB, 100 views)
Old 12-03-10, 13:52
HLIofC - Normandy Pl

Default Mike -

..any word on support ( tpt or compense ) on this event yet?

too many carriers
too many rovers
not enough time.
(and now a BSA...)
(and now a Triumph TRW...)
Old 12-03-10, 14:51
Addicted to Drab

Default SOMM Support

Hi Charlie,

As before, we have two heavy hauler companies lined up. There are other incentives being pursued at the moment that I must keep to myself for fear of word getting out before all details are confirmed. I don't want to step in it before any ink dries. Of particular note. The first quarter is coming to a close. For those of us who are making pleas with hat in hand this is a particular mileage marker. Most companies are pretty tight fisted during the first 1/4, and as such I will now be very busy promoting. I would like to give you more info but at this point I can not.

cheers

Mike Timoshyk
Old 17-03-10, 17:09
HLIofC - Normandy Pl

Default Thanks Mike -

Got the BSA running yesterday, excitement knows no bounds.

Don't know how "done" done it will be by then, but I'm looking forward to the event.

too many carriers
too many rovers
not enough time.
(and now a BSA...)
(and now a Triumph TRW...)
Old 01-04-10, 04:17
Addicted to Drab

Default you tube military muster

check this out.....a work in progress....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EylaNqrFqXs

cheers

Mike Timoshyk
Military Vehicle and Event Coordinator
Southern Ontario Military Muster
www.militarymuster.org
Old 30-04-10, 23:25
Addicted to Drab

Default Military Muster update.

Hi Folks,

Just a little update on what I have been doing wrt the muster. I have secured a pyrotechnics company to do all the bang and flash for the battle displays and a fireworks display for the Saturday night dance. I have also secured 1000 rounds of blank .303 for the various displays. I have not recieved any requests for any other caliber...you german reenactors better get your buts in gear....LOL. I have quite a few sponsors with more being squeezed to join the event. As mentioned earlier I have 2 heavy hauling companies to do transport work. One will be dead-heading regularly from the TO area....so if you have a vehicle that you want sent in this direction let me know....by pm or email. mtimo2@hotmail.com There is lots of room at the event site for storage if you want to send you baby early. This will certainly cut down on "last minute" problems. I have arranged entertainment for all who will be on-site Friday night. Bring a lawn chair....as there will be an outdoor movie....something to get you all in the mood for Saturday and Sunday....the will be an active paintball area designated and netted so the public can watch. There will also be a paintball rifle range to try out your marksman skills. Many vendors have signed up from the North Wall Riders Assoc (Vietnam Vets), the Canadian Forces, community groups and military item flea market. Sandbags are on order and soon I will have a comprehensive map of the area for your viewing...It will be posted on the website. The Provincial Marine...1812 Naval reenactors will be on hand with Cannons...remote control warbirds will be presented, helicopter rides will be available and I have a couple of Bands coming...both Pipes and Brass. We are going to set up a Bier Garten. There will be a lot of veterans in attendance and displays both inside and outside. We will be digging a section of WW1 trench and have it all kitted out...Bring your 40's duds for the Swing Dance and BBQ on Saturday night...Thats about it for now...remember to contact me about transportation of vehicles....cheers

Mike