MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > MILITARY VEHICLES > The Softskin Forum

Notices

Old 23-04-07, 16:53

Default Cdn. 1945 20-cwt trailer info ?

I helped a friend drag home an fine example of the above noted mv, yesterday. Sadly it has no tailgate although the hinges and clips remain. Can anyone suggest a source for rear view photos of one of these trailers ? It has an all steel (rusted) box, with data plates intact, not the wooden composite version and is apparently covered by maintenance manual SB-5A. Frame by Fruehauf (sp?) and box by Bradford Coach Builders, Nov.1945.

Any ideas on where I might find a copy of this manual would also be much appreciated. I have consulted Bill Gregg's vol#1 book on Canadian MVs but it pictures only a wooden box and that only from the front.

That publication does mention that these trailers came from the factory with hinged false wooden floors at mid-level and the rusted remains (holes) of those can be seen inside this example so I would like to also find an interior photo or two showing how this flooring was realized, originally.

Also needed will be two of the rear fender mounted 4" (?) round red reflectors that I believe were mounted by the factory originally ?

Any help much appreciated.

Robert in Toronto
Old 23-04-07, 17:44

Default Doh.... !

Thats what I deserve for posting a "please help" plea on MLU BEFORE actually searching MLU. Lots of info in the archives including the steel box rear photo that I needed !

Still need a manual source though so it wasn't all a waste ...