MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > BUY, TRADE or SELL > For Sale Or Wanted

Notices

Old 03-07-13, 16:48
Dan Glanville

Default Military documentary looking for vehicles and clothing. Filmed in Hamilton

Anyone with m38a1 with mg mount interested in putting it in a documentary about Drew Dix and the Tet Offense Vietnam conflict. It will be filmed in Hamilton on 17,18 July. Contact me asap. Thanks
Dan Glanville aka machelko
Old 03-07-13, 19:22
Terry Warner

Sorry. Mine is not roadworthy at this time.

- 74-????? M151A2
- 70-08876 M38A1
- 53-71233 M100CDN trailer

Beware! The Green Disease walks among us!
Old 04-07-13, 04:27
Dan Glanville

Hello Fellowmen
There is a Documentary being filmed in Hamilton regarding Heroes of the Wars called Hardcore Heroes. It is a legit company producing for the military history channel. They are focusing on the Vietnam Conflict and WWII due to the recipients of the Medal of Honours. They are looking for any vehicles, and equipment that can be used for filming. The first one will be on the Drew Dix story during Vietnam and they are looking for a m38a1 with pedestal mount for mg to cruise around a building a few times while they film shooting and blowing things up. Anyone interested can contact me and I can forward on the info.
Dan Glanville - aka- machelko
Old 04-07-13, 16:07
Brian Asbury

My guess is that they really want an M151A1 (an M151A2 will pass OK but a wee bit too new for 1968 as I recall) with a pedastel mount and either a .50 BMG or an M60 - a unique cradle required for either choice - but that will depend on the blank-firing gun the armourer will be supplying. .... Brian
Old 06-07-13, 01:07
HLIofC - Normandy Pl

Default .

Quote:
Originally Posted by machelko View Post
Hello Fellowmen
There is a Documentary being filmed in Hamilton regarding Heroes of the Wars called Hardcore Heroes. It is a legit company producing for the military history channel. They are focusing on the Vietnam Conflict and WWII due to the recipients of the Medal of Honours. They are looking for any vehicles, and equipment that can be used for filming. The first one will be on the Drew Dix story during Vietnam and they are looking for a m38a1 with pedestal mount for mg to cruise around a building a few times while they film shooting and blowing things up. Anyone interested can contact me and I can forward on the info.
Dan Glanville - aka- machelko
I have access to two (count 'email -2) M274a5 marked to usmc.....

too many carriers
too many rovers
not enough time.
(and now a BSA...)
(and now a Triumph TRW...)
Old 06-07-13, 04:25
Dan Glanville

Charlie, I have already talked to Bryan about his donkey. I am just waiting for confirmation about what vehicles they want. It appears, movie makers don't do enough research before they start projects. And they leave everything to the last minute and expect it to all fall into place.
Old 07-07-13, 17:59
Dan Glanville

its funny how people like us can guide them exactly to what they need but for some reason they think they know best. I would think that doing a documentary means accuracy and precision to details. They are also doing WWII documentary on Viktor Leanov shooting in Acton on 14th 15th July. They haven't decided what machinery they want there yet either but also looking for personnel to film in battle. If anyone in that area is interested in it vehicles or reenacting, here is the contact info. Talk to Jan at jwolecki@hotmail.com
Old 07-07-13, 22:47

Default Michael

You are toying with them.

Cruel Cruel Heartless

PS

Last edited by peter simundson; 07-07-13 at 23:48. Reason: SPE
Old 09-07-13, 10:09
Derek Heuring

Default Civilian pattern Jeep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael R. View Post
Research?
Would that be this jeep with a pedestal mounted Ma Deuce, a sprinkling of M16A1's, a thumper/bloop tube, some M1 carbines and a crate of M26's? Does it get any better for accuracy? The man himself with a well respected fellow warrior, Nago, far left with PRU team. Not showing in the first image would be a "K" gun, the icing on the cake. However, with a little digging, and voila! In the second image, complete with leather mag pouch . . . but check out the wheel gun. Not too many guys carried a twelve inch barrel Colt SAA. (aka Buntline Special) Creating the American legend? Browning, Colt, Stoner, and Carbine Williams, along with the specific jeep as shown in the photo.
Photo credits: Dix Collection.
Interesting. The Jeep in the pic is a civilian pattern which really shouldn't surprise me if it was being used by a Provincial Recon Unit which was funded by the CIA. Was the gear used by the few U.S. advisors on the PRU teams sterile and supplied by CISO or did they just supply the RTs on Prairie Fire and Daniel Boone missions? Interesting pics, thanks.
Old 22-07-13, 22:40

Thumbs up Jeep

I agree, the jeep in the picture looks like the 1957 CJ-5 I learned to drive with. Quick look at the gas cap, dash, spare tire and tailgate.