MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > BUY, TRADE or SELL > For Sale Or Wanted

Notices

Old 28-01-17, 22:16
MLU Administrator

Default Shipping address in the USA for book order

Guys, would anyone in the US be willing to act as a shipping address for a book I am trying to order? And then send it on to me in the Netherlands? All costs would be reimbursed of course. Please email me if you can help.

Thanks
Hanno

PS: somwhow the book seller can't ship it outside of the US, because the retail channel he is using is paying him less for shipping than the whole book costs
Old 29-01-17, 09:05

Sure Hanno, you can send it my brothers shop in WA state and he can fwd on to you

John
Old 29-01-17, 11:54
MLU Administrator

Thank for all the offers - good to know the MLU membership is so helpful!

I have it sorted now. But I will keep the offers in mind for other transactions that really only want to ship to the USA, though.

In this case the problem was that the seller was "unable to ship to the Netherlands on an Amazon transaction as their reimbursement on shipping doesn't come close to the actual cost of shipping ($54.75 in this case, this book ships at 5 pounds). In any other instance I'd be happy to ship it to you, but through Amazon shipping it to a US address is the only way I can keep my price reasonable." In this case the seller also turned out to have an eBay account, so I bought it from there as he could charge actual shipping cost via that sales channel.
Seeing postage rates and the amount of items being sold through the internet, I am amazed why so many postal services say they are doing bad as they are facing a decline in demand for their services....or is that the reason why the rates go up? Anyway, problem sorted!
Old 29-01-17, 17:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanno Spoelstra View Post
Seeing postage rates and the amount of items being sold through the internet, I am amazed why so many postal services say they are doing bad as they are facing a decline in demand for their services....or is that the reason why the rates go up? Anyway, problem sorted!
Glad to see you were able to find a solution Hanno. Your last point about the postal systems is an unfortunate reality. It sure would be great to see these postal organizations get it together, and adapt to the new opportunities of moving goods around the world. Our system in Canada seems to be swamped in legacy and government influence that prevents fast improvement. Plus the workforce seems to go on strike every couple of years. Opportunities come an go faster than they can adapt to change.

So for us, it means higher rates, awkward service, and the need to find work-arounds. At least the MLU community can step-up to help each other find solutions.