MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > GENERAL WW2 TOPICS > WW2 Military History & Equipment

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 26-09-20, 17:39

I've been meaning to update here for a while. Yes, 7074 has happily made the final move to the D-Day Story, as you've all seen. Her tanks are now on board and the display is being completed around her. Hopefully she'll open to the public soon. I'm really proud to see all the markings on both the LCT and the tanks that I researched now painted in place.

A very quick update on the historic picture of 7074 shown above. It's bogus. The picture actually shows an LCT Mk II, which is shorter than the Mk III (7074's type). I thought something was wrong, but it took a bit of looking to spot some of the details! This is the second forged picture of 7074 we've found – we think the former owners crudely edited genuine pictures to include 7074's pennant, so that they had some historic pictures to show. As it happens, we've found quite a few genuine ones!