MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > BUY, TRADE or SELL > For Sale Or Wanted

Notices

Old 04-09-23, 17:16
MLU Administrator

Default Tony Baker's Ford Blitz

Tony Baker is offering his Ford CMP truck for sale. Who is going to take over the torch from him and finish this project?

You have probably been following his meticulous work in this thread: http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/sh...ad.php?t=15575

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...7993939949394/
Quote:
1942 Ford canadian military pattern (blitz)
$8,900
Listed a day ago in Gympie, QLD
Seller's description
1942 Ford CMP, Australian Army vehicle of World War Two. This is my in-progress, restoration project. Every single section has been fully disassembled for assessment, rectification and rebuild. The vehicle was purchased in the mid 2000s, as a total basket case that would have (perhaps should have!) been lost to recycling. It was my therapy project, and was bought shortly after I lost my Father. It was to be restored in his memorium. He was a Driver/Mechanic in an Australian Army Infantry unit, and drove these throughout WW2.

This vehicle is 4WD, and all mechanical assemblies have been rebuilt with new bearings, seals, gaskets, and any unserviceable parts replaced.

There are all new brake system components, including; new wheel cylinders, springs, brake shoes, mounting hardware, flexible hoses (from Ford in USA, as a lot of parts have been sourced), and new steel brake lines were custom made onsite.

Front and Rear Axles, and transfer case have all been fully disassembled, inspected and rebuilt to the standard stated above. Steering system has received the same attention.

All leaf suspension sets have been stripped, cleaned, and reassembled with new shackles and mounting hardware.

A custom made wiring harness has been professionally made here in Australia, using exact replica of the materials, wire colors, and connectors that Ford used when this vehicle rolled of the assembly plant in Canada.

Hundreds of hours of bodywork and painting have gone into this project to date, and the paint I chose continues to be readily available in a pre-mixed, lustreless (not quite 'flat') finish that is easy for DIY use. You can even get this color in spray cans, for small areas or touchups.

The engine, which still requires about 50% of it's assembly, will be a piece of art once completed. Virtually EVERY COMPONENT is brand new, and I have sourced components from all over the world. The engine block came from a foundry in France, and was made to a much higher quality than was possible in WW2. It cost over $3,000 alone, when I bought it over a decade ago. All engine internals are new, including but not limited to; Pistons, Con Rods, Rings & Bearings, Crank (Eagle brand, from USA), Cam Shart, Valves & full valvetrain, Oil pump, Carburetor (new Holley, NOT original spec.). No expense has been spared with this engine, and parts cost exceeds $10,000 for this assembly alone. The water pumps alone, were hideously expensive, and are made of billet aluminium. Ignition system has been changed over to 12v, and is now a more reliable, breakerless electronic type.

There is no rear body, but I do have an extremely good quality tool box and spare tyre carrier. Both are designed to be fitted behind the cab rear wall. I also have the pintle hook assembly with 'suspension', and one of the original mechanical tyre pump compressors (that bolt onto the gearbox case). The chassis has been sandblasted (most major bits were) and some damage to the rear section rectified. Chassis is believed to be F30 size. It's not the short wheelbase, but not the F60 length either!

Work stalled on this project some time ago now, and as my own health deteriorates I have come to the conclusion that I will never be able to continue to completion. I would rather make the decision to hand this on to someone who can finish the project now, than have it become a mill-stone for my Wife to have to dispose of once I'm no longer around.

There is very little still needing to be obtained, in order to finish the rebuild. From memory, I can't think of anything required. In fact there are a LOT of spare parts that will come with this purchase, including full front & rear axle sets (wheel to wheel), one or two additional cab rooves, windscreen frames & glass, etc...
You will also get a large quantity of maintenence, driver, and mechanical repair manuals. All are genuine, and most are specific to the Ford CMP.

PLEASE READ AND UNDERSTAND THE FOLLOWING BEFORE CONTACTING ME.

While the vast majority of the difficult (and heavy) work has been done, you will still need to do more than fill it with petrol and turn a key! This is an ongoing, yet to be completed, rare vehicle. 'Some assembly is required'.

This vehicle is located approx 2hrs north of Brisbane, and will require a tilt-tray to transport. You could easily fill a seperate car trailer twice, with the cab, roof, and spare parts that come with the vehicle. I'm happy to work with the purchaser, with regards to making access available over multiple occasions, if required. There's a LOT of 'extra' parts that come with this purchase, so don't plan to get everything in one trip unless you have a semi-trailer!

PLEASE NOTE: I'm selling this project as a whole, NOT parting out individual pieces. I also don't have the time or motivation to discuss how I can help with your own project, nor do I have time to answer questions about where parts can be sourced from, or what they might cost you.

This vehicle was being built with the unit and divisional markings of my Fathers batallion, and the vehicle number I've added, was his service number. I will give preference to selling this to someone who will give an undertaking to retain these details as part of the completion.

Due to limitations of availability, it may not be possible for me to respond immediately. If you don't hear back straight away, it doesn't mean I'm ignoring you. I will reply to all genuine enquiries.

ALMOST FORGOT: Scammers, your pathetic, ridiculous attempts, really don't fool people. Firstly, try to master English before contacting anybody. Secondly, at least make the bullshit story HALF believable. Alternatively, you could just get good, honest work instead. Either way, don't waste my time, you tools!

Click image for larger version

Name:	370436939_6867747909955200_7559822683505072336_n.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	129.9 KB
ID:	135642 Click image for larger version

Name:	372385357_6775026882589507_5516997833348132374_n.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	90.8 KB
ID:	135644 Click image for larger version

Name:	370916295_6837227966367600_4208200920993634892_n.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	91.3 KB
ID:	135643 Click image for larger version

Name:	370512814_6771012849693668_3367866330292077453_n.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	105.5 KB
ID:	135645 Click image for larger version

Name:	369576046_6448907425198796_4899358557308926523_n.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	104.6 KB
ID:	135646
Old 05-09-23, 16:42
Mariano Paz

Sad to read this. Excellent work made by Tony. BE Care your health Tony. Regards

1944 Ariel W/NG
1945 FGT FAT