MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > MILITARY VEHICLES > The Restoration Forum

Notices

Old 21-03-15, 22:08
Chris Preston

Smile Cdn Army M152 Radio Van

Greetings All,

Our museum (Ashton Armoury Museum, Victoria, BC) has in it's collection a Cdn Army 3/4 ton M-152 Radio Van that's currently under a restoration of the interior. We're at the stage where it's ready to be fitted out with the desks and radio equipment in the back, but the question has come up about the height from the floor, and dimensions, etc, of the desk tops and shelving, and how it all goes together. Can anyone out there on MLU help out with the answers?

Also - what's the correct colour and formula, etc, for the exterior?

Cheers,

Chris Preston,
Victoria, BC
Old 22-03-15, 00:11

Default M152

Is this JDs truck? He had a lot of information and contacts all over the country. The other one that I know of is in Chilliwack, and reasonably fitted in the interior when I last saw it. Somebody from there should reply here if not contact you directly. A few members here have posted in the past regarding the interior arrangements. Search is your friend...

Here is the link to JD's M152 site form those who have not seen it before. http://www.signaltelecom.ca/M152%20I.html

Last edited by Jes Andersen; 22-03-15 at 00:28. Reason: added link...
Old 22-03-15, 19:41
Chris Preston

Smile Cdn Army M152 Radio Van

Hi Jes,

Yes - I believe it is and many thanks for the information.Now we have a starting point.

Cheers,

Chris Preston,
Victoria, BC
Old 22-03-15, 21:06

Default M152cdn

Chris: If you search on this site for M152CDN, you will get a number of posts about the interior and the names of the posters, who you should PM for more information. You could check with Brian Asbury through this site to see what documentation he may have for the M152CDN.

Jes

Last edited by Jes Andersen; 22-03-15 at 21:10. Reason: edited to correct search to M152CDN
Old 22-03-15, 21:24

Default M152CDN Paint

I posted looking for the same info and got a couple of PM responses which I appreciated. However, I found a panel that the power washer cleaned down to the original paint and will have it scanned to see what comes up and let you know. It will be the semi gloss, dark green. Depending what timeframe you are looking for might make a difference too. I am repainting my M37CDN(s) for the late 60s and want to mark them for 155Coy RCASC, the predecessor to 11(Victoria) Svc Bn. When I get to that stage, I will be calling on you at the museum for detailed info, as my pictures were all deuces, not M37s....

Jes
Old 22-03-15, 22:46
Chris Preston

Default Cdn Army M152 Radio Van

Hi Jes,

Thanks again for the information - it's a great help.

Cheers,

Chris
Old 30-03-15, 00:08

Default Cdn Army M152 Radio Van

The radio van that was at the Canadian Military Education Centre and Museum in Chilliwack BC http://www.cmedcentre.ca/ was sold by it's owner and went to Clagary Alberta. We lost track of it after that.
Old 01-04-15, 18:46

Default M152 cdn

Thanks for that update. I was not aware that it had actually sold. If I run into the whereabouts, I will post as they are becoming fewer as the years go by. Maybe one of our southern Alberta members know of its new owner. We can hope that a collector got it, and not somebody who will clear out the box and 'improve' it. There are lots of lesser units for 'Bubba'....

Jess