MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > MILITARY VEHICLES > The Restoration Forum

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 28-04-21, 21:32

Default To bow or just nod your head.....

Hi Hanno.

I am resigned to removing the bows unless I keep the canvass on full time.

Sea cans are nice and secure but they do have limitations.

My 3 box is definitely 2B1 of which I am making one from the best. We managed to save the best for the rebuild since it has a decent floor and fender wells in place........ yes photos will follow.

My cab 11 is allegedly early production ...Fall 1940 for 4x4....... but the box came from a Cab 12.

It looks like we will be using one piece water pipes schedule 40 (standard) 3/4 ID pipe...... no union. Hoping not to make mistakes in the bending process or will cut.......make and insert....weld and grind and paintover. In fact it maybe easier to do all the bends at the proper radius-ed with my hydraulic bender then fit them together with perfect length.

Now I am not sure if I can used the hooks you showed on a 2B1 in particular the first one behind the cab with the box drop sides and the special corner shaped locking bracket/clamp......

Waiting for the POR to dry right now..... the rotisserie has proven to be a great time and back saver........ how ever when it comes to painting the under side the mounting frame section I am using got in the way ...so we lowered the box on shop horses....removed the u bolts and lifted the rotisserie support as high as we could go then went on with the painting....more like dabbing and slapping the POR coating into every nook and cranny......messy even with rubber gloves. Will reconnect to the rotisserie to finish the top side. Eventually the bottom side will get rubber spray coating then i coat of gloss OD then 2 coats of flat OD. Top side still needs the head board and tailgate fabricated .

Cheers
Canada