MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > MILITARY VEHICLES > The Softskin Forum

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 14-07-04, 14:57
Dog Robber

Default Hanno/David/Nuyt/Cliff/Stellan

Good News, I think:

After screwing around with this project since April, I think I have the solution in hand for my new computer station in my basement/cellar. I should receive by Friday a new Router that will enable me to link up with my high Speed DSL service at that location.

As I have stated several times earlier, when I got back into this research project I had to import my references from the cellar upstairs to my "home office" which is not at all set up for the volume of stuff I have to refer to when doing this sort of thing and the desk area does not allow me to have a good printer, scanner and all that stuff in one space. This has left me with piles of files on the desk, the floor and in boxes around the desk which is very inefficient.

In the cellar, I have all kinds of room, I am using a former work bench for all the peripheral equipment, and all of my file cabinets and bookcases are right to hand and fairly well organized.

So now, if everything works together, I will have a new PC with tons of extra memory, a new flat screen monitor, a new scanner and a not too old laser printer from my business. I even salvaged a Bose sound system that came with an earlier business PC so I will have "tunes" as well.

In theory this will allow me to access all the loose photos of which I have rather a lot, most unpublished, the books, most of which are long out of print and other goodies such as catalogs etc. and be able to scan them and get them into play here.

Playing catch-up as I was out of town for 10 days, David, all the miniatures arrived both from UK and Canada. I will send the catalog to our Corporate offices today. There was quite a lot of interest based on my verbal descriptions from other HobbyTown owners. Stellan, in my photo/catalog collection is a hell of a lot of Swedish stuff, prewar/WWII/postwar. I worked for both Volvo and SAAB-Scania for 25 years and had access to both companies corporate archives. I also lived in the Goteborg area for 2 years.
Are you interested in Volvo/Scania stuff? Hanno: I have discovered quite a lot of photos and articles on the C15TA armoured cars in use in many countries. Is this of continuing interest to you?

Got to run for now as I am way behind the paperwork at the store. I am trying to get caught up so I can take an extra day off at the end of the week to get everything hooked up and running.

Wish me luck

Bill