MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > 'B' ECHELON > The Sergeants' Mess

Notices

Old 22-01-04, 02:58
Film maker, CMP addict

Default An ambition

As you all probably know by now I'm visiting Canada in February.
Now I know it's winter over there and there's yukky salt on the roads, but I have a strong wish to DRIVE a CMP in it's country of manufacture.
Even if it's just up and down a driveway that will be enough to satisfy the urge. Last time I was there, although I saw plenty of them, there wasn't even one which would run.
Any offers?
(Naturally we'ready to reciprocate the offer downunder).

42 FGT No8 (Aust) remains
42 FGT No9 (Aust)
42 F15
Keith Webb
Macleod, Victoria Australia
Also Canadian Military Pattern Vehicles group on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/groups/canadianmilitarypattern
Old 22-01-04, 06:52
RIP

Default Visiting Canada

Hey Keefy

You and your cameras had better be back for Corowa.

Bob
Old 22-01-04, 16:46
3RD ECHELON WKSP

Default Need a Ride?

Keith, If you're going to be anywhere around London or Toronto area, I like to meet you. Have a nice Ford KL machinery lorry in the driveway buried in snow. You'd be more than welcome to go for a spin 'round the block.
Attached Thumbnails
first pics-new cam 011.jpg  
Old 22-01-04, 20:03
3RD ECHELON WKSP

Default Further to my last

BTW Keith, that pic was summertime, I'll get the digital camera out and post reality shortly!
Old 22-01-04, 20:49
Film maker, CMP addict

Default Re: Further to my last

Quote:
Originally posted by chris vickery
BTW Keith, that pic was summertime, I'll get the digital camera out and post reality shortly!
Fantastic!
I'll be in London for a day or so with Geoff and also briefly in Toronto with Brian Gough and also seeing Jon Skagfeld so hopefully we can organise something - thanks a heap!

42 FGT No9 (Aust)
42 F15
Keith Webb
Old 25-01-04, 02:37
M38A1 CDN3

Default Chris Vickery's MACH KL

Keith: Chris' vehicle is a runner, both front and back. Great shape it is, and proud of it he is, as he should be.

Looks like your itinerary might be filling up fast!

Why don't you get up here, sometime, after the maple syrup flows, i.e. in springish/summerish weather...then a spin down a country road would be appropriate.

Then again, anytime a gentleman like Keith Webb gets on scene...it doesn't matter what the weather...(we're all friends together, in all kinds of weather, we're off to see the Wild West show!...name the tune).

Looking forward to it mate...you won't even know what jet-lag is after we prime your pump with various libations.
Old 25-01-04, 02:46
M38A1 CDN3

Default Sorry, Keith

On behalf of Chris Vickery, I/we apologize for posting a picture of a 15 cwt FORD!FORD
Old 25-01-04, 04:57
former OC MLU, AKA 'Jif' - sadly no longer with us

Cool Keefy's Schedule

OK guys, here's the drill. Keefy will be arriving here in Toronto Tuesday evening, 10 Feb. Brian Gough will pick him up and keep him out of trouble overnight.

Wednesday 11 Feb, Keefy has business meetings in Toronto. At the end of the day, he will accompany me home to London on the Via train.

Thursday afternoon and evening (12 Feb), I am declaring an open house at my location. Directions via email upon request. BYOB, we will feed. Accomodations are limited here, so plan accordingly. Breakfast will be served here on the Friday.

Friday the 13th will be a quiet day. Those who remain stay here or in town will be welcome to jaw, and we'll entertain quietly Friday afternoon and early evening, as Keefy will be getting up at 0-dark-30 to make a plane for London England on Saturday morning.

Comments welcome here, but it's vital you email me first if you intend to drop by Thursday or Friday. Please provide ETA and ETD.

SUNRAY OUT
Old 25-01-04, 05:11
M38A1 CDN3

Default Keefy's schedule...

Is Canadian Warplane Heritage (CWH) still on the agenda for Keith?

BTW, I'll be there, rucksack and sleeping bag on my back, crate of beer under my arm. I'm staying for a week...Uh, oh, Empress just expressed an expletive!

Damn, I'll have to spend the rest of the time at Parker's place...Oops, Valerie just expressed an expletive...guess I'll go home ....later.

Really looking forward to this re-uniting with Keefy...It's a guy thing.
Old 25-01-04, 05:24

Don't worry, Skag, you'll be staying here. Your reservation has already been confirmed...
Old 25-01-04, 07:07
Pops

Default Keith

Are you leaving us Keefy?? I heard it was -36 the other day by my local informant! Take your long Johns with you and maybe some Bundy. And remember to take Geoff his yearly supple of Vegemite! If you have any room to take a couple of books I have a couple for David in England. If you have a chance, let us know. If I think of a wish list of goodies for you to watch out for I will let you know! How long are you in England for??
Max
Old 25-01-04, 14:14
No1, Mk 2** (I'm back!)

Exclamation Friday the 13th

Now, let me see if I've got this straight. After flying halfway round the world in an Economy sized seat, Keith is going to be feted by a plethora of local luminaries, confused by Jiff's interpretation of GMT and "primed with various libations" which will react violently with his unaccustomed constitution, after which (Jetlagged and hungover) he will be put behind the wheel of a powerful motor vehicle (the said Ford) and set loose on frozen, icy public roads and attempt to drive on the wrong side of the road.
Am I right in thinking that this might not be the best thing to try on FRIDAY THE 13th?:
Attached Thumbnails
cab 11-12 wrecker.jpg  
Old 25-01-04, 14:42
Vets Dottir

Default ahhhhh

...SO... I guess I'd best not expect Keith to be around for for dinner on FRYDAY then if its after Friday the 13th?

BUMMER
Old 25-01-04, 15:01
3RD ECHELON WKSP

Default Ford

Jon, why don't you stick your head in Bag, Aerial gear and keep it there! You know what I mean!
Nothing wrong with a Ford my friend. BTW, you might see me in a chev CMP sooner than you think.
Old 25-01-04, 16:27
M38A1 CDN3

Default Re: Friday the 13th

Quote:
Originally posted by Tony Smith
Now, let me see if I've got this straight. After flying halfway round the world in an Economy sized seat, Keith is going to be feted by a plethora of local luminaries, confused by Jiff's interpretation of GMT and "primed with various libations" which will react violently with his unaccustomed constitution, after which (Jetlagged and hungover) he will be put behind the wheel of a powerful motor vehicle (the said Ford) and set loose on frozen, icy public roads and attempt to drive on the wrong side of the road.
Am I right in thinking that this might not be the best thing to try on FRIDAY THE 13th?:
Tony:

Absolutely fantastic response. LMAO!

You've got the sequence pretty well covered.

Pray for us, we may not pass this way again!
Old 25-01-04, 16:34
M38A1 CDN3

Default Re: Ford

Quote:
Originally posted by chris vickery
Jon, why don't you stick your head in Bag, Aerial gear and keep it there! You know what I mean!
Nothing wrong with a Ford my friend. BTW, you might see me in a chev CMP sooner than you think.
Chris: For goodness sake; after the nice words I said about you and your KL, you slag me about the Bags, Aerial Gear.

For shame...one must know how to negotiate, mustn't one?

Sorry, readers...inside joke WRT Chris and I getting into severe and hot negotiations regarding Bags, Aerial Gear. I don't think Chris will let this one alone. The brutal "to-ing and fro-ing" resulted in my acquiring said item from Chris when he had already bought it from Brian Asbury.

"To the victor go the spoils".
Old 25-01-04, 20:06
GM Fox I

Default Good thing you gave that Bag, Aerial Gear to Jon...

...had you not, he'd have stolen it anyway and killed anyone who tried to stop him.
Old 25-01-04, 20:25

Exclamation

I was there at the time... it was nip-and-tuck, nasty! Never try to separate a signaller from his equipment bag...
Old 25-01-04, 23:28

Talking Re: Tony

Keefy will be as right as rain as soon as we fill him full of eggs, bacon, French toast, maple syrup and beer for breakfast! We'll make him a Canadian yet. After that, a spell of carrier-driving in the blinding snow, then maybe a spell of shovelling to burn off a few of those excess pounds. No worries, mate!
Old 26-01-04, 21:10
Film maker, CMP addict

Default No wuckers!

Better not let my dear wife see the menu, Jif! (Although the snow shovelling she'd agree with.
And Max, fear not, only departing our beloved shores for a couple of weeks and rest assured, I'll maintain my Aussie identity through the life-giving elixir, VEGEMITE, known the world over as an antidote to Maple Syrup.
On the other hand, I may just give in (temporarily) to the good things Canada has to offer, like the below-mentioned delights, especially the mechanical ones!
I think carrier or CMP ownership helps make us (the worldwide MLU community) honorary Canucks anyway.
Seriously though, thanks to all in advance for the wonderful hospitality and generosity.
Quote:
Originally posted by Geoff Winnington-Ball
Keefy will be as right as rain as soon as we fill him full of eggs, bacon, French toast, maple syrup and beer for breakfast! We'll make him a Canadian yet. After that, a spell of carrier-driving in the blinding snow, then maybe a spell of shovelling to burn off a few of those excess pounds. No worries, mate!

42 FGT No9 (Aust)
42 F15
Keith Webb
Old 26-01-04, 22:14
Vets Dottir

Default Re: Re: Friday the 13th

Quote:
Originally posted by Jon Skagfeld
Tony:

Absolutely fantastic response. LMAO!

You've got the sequence pretty well covered.

Pray for us, we may not pass this way again!

JON: I heard the sound of music in me litte ear today ... a lovely lassies voice on voice-mail
CHECK YOUR PRIVATE MESSAGES!

KEITH ... boy o boy oboy o boy and a tsk tsk tsk
Don't let these Canadian Bad Boys break your fast with too much beer ... on the other hand, the breakfast cholesterol and beer bellies COULD be worked off shovelling that white stuff ...oh, somebody outta provide some tongue shanvers forany morning afters ....

Rude Yappy exits quickly ----------->
Old 26-01-04, 22:24
Film maker, CMP addict

Default Wrong side?

Tony - if CMPs were meant to be driven on the right-hand side of the road our Canadian friends would have put the steering wheel on the left. It is plain to me these beasts were DESIGNED to drive on the left, so that's what I intend to do. Other drivers will soon see the error of their ways.
As for the local fare, I've coped before and I can do it AGAIN. Besides, how else will I manage to drive on the "wrong" side of the road?
Perhaps a compromise will be to keep in the middle like many drivers do.

Quote:
Originally posted by Tony Smith

42 FGT No9 (Aust)
42 F15
Keith Webb