MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > 'B' ECHELON > The Sergeants' Mess

Notices

Old 20-12-03, 19:25
Vets_Dottir

Default US Marines 70's and 80's

Does anyone know what the US Marines were up to, sorts of actions etc, they were in in the 70's and 80's?

(see... am still pretty ignorant about whats been happenng in the world ... )

Thanks ... any help/insights appreciated.
Old 21-12-03, 01:24
M38A1 CDN3

Default USMC-Semper Fidelis

Why do you ask?
Old 21-12-03, 19:32
Vets_Dottir

Default Re: USMC-Semper Fidelis

Quote:
Originally posted by Jon Skagfeld
Why do you ask?
Hi Jon ... its personal. Sorry I
can't be more specific ...

I'm on a store computer ... minne not functioning
THAT may well be permanant.

Talk when/as I can

Carman
Old 21-12-03, 21:20
former OC MLU, AKA 'Jif' - sadly no longer with us

---YAPS,

Send me what you need to know on the side (email or snail)... I have numerous contacts with the Marines and I can find out whatever it is you need to know. Your info will remain secret at both ends.

G.
Old 21-12-03, 22:42
M38A1 CDN3

Default USMC

Carman:

I have a particular affinity for USMC, having spent 3 weeks last year on an exchange program on bases in North Carolina, including Oceana, Dam Neck, Cherry Point and others. Had the honour of being "coined" as an Honorary Marine by the Commanding General at Cherry Point.

Totally gung ho and good to go on the one hand, yet approachable, friendly, professional, outgoing, and "head screwed on right"describes todays generation of Marines.

If you get a chance to talk to a Marine, ask him if he did his time at 8th and I streets, Washington, DC. also ask him if he has had the pleasure of a Mongolian BBQ during Friday night beer call.

Sorry to hear about your computer...I just got mine back after having had severe O/S problems. Hey, so now what's Mark gonna do with his spare time if he can't slag you, as he has so unmercifully in the past?...as if you didn't deserve it!

Regards
Old 21-12-03, 23:20
Vets_Dottir

Default Re: USMC

Quote:
Carman:

I have a particular affinity for USMC, having spent 3 weeks last year on an exchange program on bases in North Carolina, including Oceana, Dam Neck, Cherry Point and others. Had the honour of being "coined" as an Honorary Marine by the Commanding General at Cherry Point.

Totally gung ho and good to go on the one hand, yet approachable, friendly, professional, outgoing, and "head screwed on right"describes todays generation of Marines.

If you get a chance to talk to a Marine, ask him if he did his time at 8th and I streets, Washington, DC. also ask him if he has had the pleasure of a Mongolian BBQ during Friday night beer call.

Sorry to hear about your computer...I just got mine back after having had severe O/S problems. Hey, so now what's Mark gonna do with his spare time if he can't slag you, as he has so unmercifully in the past?...as if you didn't deserve it!

Regards
Hi Skag

How the hell are yah?

I would like to understand a little more of the harsher realities that may have happened and now come back to haunt ... its about a search for inner peace for someone is all. I'm some "ears and heart" . The more I understand, the better I know how to respond. Just wanna be the best friend I can be right now.

Computer woes ... sledge hammer time.

Mark ... WILL suffer Ah ... does a lassies heart good to know!
Old 21-12-03, 23:23
Vets_Dottir

Quote:
Originally posted by Geoff Winnington-Ball
---YAPS,

Send me what you need to know on the side (email or snail)... I have numerous contacts with the Marines and I can find out whatever it is you need to know. Your info will remain secret at both ends.

G.
---YAPS

I'll probably message you when I know more alright.

and ... thank you Geoff.

Old 23-12-03, 12:36
Vets_Dottir

Default Re: USMC

Quote:
Carman:

Regards
JON ... forgot to say, your experiences with the Marines, and what you say about them, sounds great. Congrats on the "Welcome to Them" I really have tomeet YOU to find out of they were OFF-BASE with you ;P

BTW... how the HELL did I miss that last rude comment of your Oh Master SKAG ... don't EVER mess with a short woman with a short temper ;P GRIN ... (I'm 5'1" close for all you people who don't know. Remember the old saying ... "Good things come in small packages... but so does dyn-O-mite... or some deadly powder ....OHHHHHHHHh

MARRKOOOOOOOOOOO .... and JIF ... oh ... never mind. I hate to ruin the surprize

PS JON ... if I remember to ask about Washington and BBQ ... I will
Old 23-12-03, 20:26
Senior Forum Member

Post Re: USMC

Quote:
Carman:

Hey, so now what's Mark gonna do with his spare time if he can't slag you, as he has so unmercifully in the past?...as if you didn't deserve it!
Jon;

I'm being nice to the 'Little Miss'....since it's Christmas and all...for now.... ...wait for it.......
Old 23-12-03, 20:32
M38A1 CDN3

Default Re: Re: USMC

Quote:
Originally posted by Mark W. Tonner
Jon;

I'm being nice to the 'Little Miss'....since it's Christmas and all...for now.... ...wait for it.......
Oh, oh...Watch and shoot! Careful Sinc...Snipin' Santa's still got you in his sights!
Old 23-12-03, 20:38
Senior Forum Member

Talking Re: Re: Re: USMC

Quote:
Oh, oh...Watch and shoot! Careful Sinc...Snipin' Santa's still got you in his sights!
Shot Out.......Shot Over......Where's the 'Little Miss'...........hiding probably....oh well...it's quiet at least....No YAPPING GOING ON....hehehe.....
Old 23-12-03, 21:07
Vets_Dottir

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: USMC

Quote:
Shot Out.......Shot Over......Where's the 'Little Miss'...........hiding probably....oh well...it's quiet at least....No YAPPING GOING ON....hehehe.....
Hmmm ... QUIET Marko....am focussing. Haven't shot a rifle since age 16 or so, but it would do you all well to realize..... that I hit bullseyes. Leaves on trees. Beer bottles on stumps. Iwon't tell you any more

JonSkag ...
Marko ..... :
Jif .......

One word ... for you 3 ... FRYDAY.

Old 23-12-03, 21:14
Senior Forum Member

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: USMC

Quote:
Originally posted by Vets_Dottir
Haven't shot a rifle since age 16 or so,

Did they actually have gun powder way back then..... I thought you just threw BIG ROCKS way back then....
Old 27-12-03, 21:08
Vets_Dottir

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: USMC

Quote:
Did they actually have gun powder way back then..... I thought you just threw BIG ROCKS way back then....
Gee MarkO ... funny you should mention ROCKS. My reunion and summer holiday with my childhood sweetheart ... left lots of time for reminiscing. He reminded me of something I'd forgotten ,,, picture it, us, both ages 4/5/6... when I was mad at him I'd throw rocks at him and make home CRY. My AIM was always TRUE, and he was EVIL to me sometimes! Got im back. (OUCH ... embarrassing) I could also climb trees better and higher than all the boys, run like the wind, skip rocks, spit,

I ain't yore typical Little Miss.

Marko darlin' ... don't mess with me boy, that FEISTY little brat within still lives
Old 28-12-03, 08:41
Vets_Dottir

Default PS....

Quote:
when I was mad at him I'd throw rocks at him and make home CRY. My AIM was always TRUE, and he was EVIL to me sometimes! Got im back. (OUCH ... embarrassing)
... I forgot to mention that when we went swimming in Lake Winnipeg he used to hold my head under water til I was choking and swallowing it ... we both agreed this summer he deserved a rock or two for that!
Old 28-12-03, 16:41
RIP

Default Re: PS....

Quote:
... I forgot to mention that when we went swimming in Lake Winnipeg he used to hold my head under water til I was choking and swallowing it ... we both agreed this summer he deserved a rock or two for that!
Carmin,
I've now got the answer.Back in '65 when I was up at Lake Winterpeg on my summer vacation with my airforce brother & his family,could't figure out why the lakebed was all dried up!!
Old 18-01-04, 08:44
Vets Dottir

Default Re: Re: PS....

Quote:
Originally posted by Garry Shipton
Carmin,
I've now got the answer.Back in '65 when I was up at Lake Winterpeg on my summer vacation with my airforce brother & his family,could't figure out why the lakebed was all dried up!!
GARRY .... "Down boy ... QUIET!"
Old 18-01-04, 17:15
RIP

Default Welcome back Carman

Good to see ya back.There was as void over the last few weeks without your input.I suspect,and I think all the guys will second me on this,we love you being on-line .As I was just reading your thread,and I swear on me dear mother's grave,the Shadow retriever got up, here in the basement den,barked and rushed over to me ,sitting here at the computer,sat down and barked again,while offering me his paw.I guess he senses you are back too.
Belated Happy New Year,friend
Old 18-01-04, 17:51
Vets Dottir

Default Re: Welcome back Carman

Quote:
Originally posted by Garry Shipton
Good to see ya back.There was as void over the last few weeks without your input.I suspect,and I think all the guys will second me on this,we love you being on-line .As I was just reading your thread,and I swear on me dear mother's grave,the Shadow retriever got up, here in the basement den,barked and rushed over to me ,sitting here at the computer,sat down and barked again,while offering me his paw.I guess he senses you are back too.
Belated Happy New Year,friend
Well GARRY ... rub that Shadows belly for Carman ... and I guess I can tolerate your rebellious speaking, since you speak such a kindly welcome home to me

May 2004 bestow great happiness upon you and yours.
(What did you give Shadow for Christmas?)