MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > 'B' ECHELON > Military Shows & Events

Notices

Old 18-03-23, 00:20

Default Chilliwack BC. 2 Day gun show

I'll be at the gun show in Chilliwack this saturday and sunday with my LynxI on display indoors
Attached Thumbnails
70076785322__40A42F87-C764-48BF-A431-B32008F535A8.jpg  
Old 18-03-23, 00:25

Default outdoor display

And I'll have my recently completed C60L winch truck that the provincial government is blocking me (and many others) from registering for the road.
We have launched a legal challenge to the courts and are actively raising money for the legal bills. If your in the area stop by and have a chat.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_7055.jpg  
Old 18-03-23, 02:09
Terry Warner

Expect to find plenty of Camo'belly Commandos extoll the history of their grandfathers 'back in the war', and complain bitterly about the present gun laws. But ... keep note paper handy because you'll get tips and leads on stuff in the bush.

Pierre Olivier (last name unknown) is looking for steel M4 Sherman track links for his collection. It is the post WW2 all steel USGI track. Robin Craig and I are trying to help him find stuff. I've lost the message, but just asked him to remind me.

- 74-????? M151A2
- 70-08876 M38A1
- 53-71233 M100CDN trailer

Beware! The Green Disease walks among us!
Old 18-03-23, 14:38
Terry Warner

Default Type 66 track links

This is the all steel Type 66 Sherman track link. Pierre is looking for one or two. But if a half-dozen can be saved from the smelter, all the better. I suspect there will be some on out-fo-service spar yarders or track drills pushed up against the back fence of some equipment yard.

If you put up a poster and start talking to visitors at the gunshow, you may find something.
Attached Thumbnails
Sherman type 66 track.jpg  

- 74-????? M151A2
- 70-08876 M38A1

Old 21-03-23, 13:36
Terry Warner

How was the show?

- 74-????? M151A2
- 70-08876 M38A1

Old 21-03-23, 18:01

Default great show

The show was great, lots of stuff but inflation is affecting the prices. As a club, Western Command was there to advertise our plight with the provincial government attacking Military vehicle owners. I had my offending truck outside with my letters from the government denying my attempts to register my recently restored C60L winch truck. Inside we had posters and people talking up visitors and informing them about the court challenge we launched the previous week. Costs and hopefully some funds might be forthcoming as the legal bills have started coming in.
good crowd friendly as always but the food vendors need to step up their game.
One item that caught my attention was a handheld grenade cup discharger. I believe it must be vehicle related, it has two slots on the side of the cup, and have never seen anything like it. Any ideas?
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_7061.jpg   IMG_7062.jpg   IMG_7064.jpg   IMG_7065.jpg  
Old 21-03-23, 18:37
MLU Administrator

Default Pierre-Oliver Buan

Quote:
Originally Posted by maple_leaf_eh View Post
Pierre Olivier (last name unknown) is looking for steel M4 Sherman track links for his collection. It is the post WW2 all steel USGI track. Robin Craig and I are trying to help him find stuff. I've lost the message, but just asked him to remind me.
His full name is Pierre-Oliver Buan - search for it on this forum.
Old 21-03-23, 19:53
carrier mech

That grenade launcher better be mounted onto some vehicle or aircraft. To fire that with your hand will likely result in a broken wrist.

Small error with your sign: the word "soul" vs "sole". Good luck with your fight. This seems to be starting to spread. I know I had trouble 15 years ago trying to register a previously registered M38A1 as the authority (Manitoba Public Insurance) was going to decide if it was the kind of vehicle that should be on the roadways. I didn't push it any further, but rather found someone else to do the safety. They now have M38A1 listed in the models of vehicles for registrations, albeit with the wrong manufacturers for the years they were made. So now I have a Willys M38A1CDN3.
Old 21-03-23, 19:57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Moon View Post
The show was great, lots of stuff but inflation is affecting the prices. As a club, Western Command was there to advertise our plight with the provincial government attacking Military vehicle owners. I had my offending truck outside with my letters from the government denying my attempts to register my recently restored C60L winch truck. Inside we had posters and people talking up visitors and informing them about the court challenge we launched the previous week. Costs and hopefully some funds might be forthcoming as the legal bills have started coming in.
good crowd friendly as always but the food vendors need to step up their game.
One item that caught my attention was a handheld grenade cup discharger. I believe it must be vehicle related, it has two slots on the side of the cup, and have never seen anything like it. Any ideas?
Good luck with your court challenge and associated fundraising, Harry. I hope other antique vehicle clubs/groups/enthusiasts are also getting behind you to add more influence and awareness of what ICBC is doing.
Glad to hear the gun show was a success.
Old 22-03-23, 04:47

Default dang it...

[QUOTE=rob love;291440]That grenade launcher better be mounted onto some vehicle or aircraft. To fire that with your hand will likely result in a broken wrist.

I was counting on you to tell me where it belonged.
Old 22-03-23, 04:59
Terry Warner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanno Spoelstra View Post
His full name is Pierre-Oliver Buan - search for it on this forum.
I remembered Pierre-Oliver's last name after writing. He and I correspond regularly on FaceBook. His project to collect examples of each Type of Sherman track fits his passion to find and photograph as many Shermans around the world as he can.

- 74-????? M151A2
- 70-08876 M38A1