Notices

Old 08-09-08, 09:36

Default New 1:35 Kit announced: FORD F60L

See what is coming from Italy:

http://www.kitsreview.com/modules/ne...p?item_id=2800
Old 08-09-08, 10:36
Film maker, CMP addict

Default How cute!

And it's a cab 12 at that. Might have to re-learn my modeling skills!

Pity the rear window lets it down...

42 FGT No8 (Aust) remains
42 FGT No9 (Aust)
42 F15
Keith Webb
Macleod, Victoria Australia
Also Canadian Military Pattern Vehicles group on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/groups/canadianmilitarypattern
Old 08-09-08, 10:40

...hope it will ust not cost 100 Euro or more :-(
Old 08-09-08, 11:57

Thumbs down inaccurate copy

OK it is a copy of the inaccurate and not to scale Tamiya Quad kit. I can tell from the way the engine mounts in the chassis.

Also wrong are....

Step plates for the cab should be level with the lower mudguard

Chassis is missing one or two crossmembers

Rear driveshaft should be 2 piece with a pivot bearing at one of the missing crossmembers.

Rear cab window is wrong

Also seems to be a lot of space between the corner of the seats and the engine cover or dog box as it is called.

Windscreen is wrong especially where the door pillars are.

And that is just at a quick glance!

Pity these so called model makers can't get things correct before charging people for an inaccurate kit.

"and on the 8th day he made trucks so that man, made on the 7th day, had shelter when woman threw him out for the night"
MrRoo says "TRUCKS ROOLE"

Last edited by cliff; 08-09-08 at 12:07.
Old 27-09-08, 01:53
MVT Member 11001

Default CMP in 1/35

I'm still waiting for Italeri to issue a proper kit of this classic in 1/35. A few years ago I emailed them and got a favourable response. So who knows we may see one even from Tamiya!
Old 27-09-08, 08:53

@ Cliff; and I thought that this would be a fine model. However - the the manufacturing quality seems to be good to me (compared to other resin models). Would you think that the mistakes could be corrected by the modeller or is it a "lost kit"?
Old 27-09-08, 11:20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuno View Post
Would you think that the mistakes could be corrected by the modeller or is it a "lost kit"?
The only thing that cannot be changed is the scale. The Tamiya kit is closer to 1/32 scale then 1/35 so this would be impossible to fix but the other detail inaccuracies could be fixed by a modeller using plastic strip and sheet.

My main winge about kits like this, resin or plastic, is why do manufacturers put all that time and effort into a kit like this, charge like a wounded bull pricewise and fail to make it a bit more accurate to prove it is worth the purchase price. Yes using the Tamiya kit as a base saved money but I bet this saving will not be reflected in the kits retail price when it is released.

The Tamiya Quad kit is an old timer and does make up to a decent (but not scale accurate) kit. For years people have known of it's scale inaccuracy so why start a new kit with a 'wrong' base? I made a true to scale 11 cab GS 3 tonner and used a few of the Tamiya bits such as wheels and diffs but I did make the cab and body to 1/35 scale. It was easy enough to do once I had got off my chuff and found and measured a real one. In fact the measured vehicle was one of the Kingaroy trucks from several years ago.

pictured is the model I made
Attached Thumbnails
11 cab.jpg  

"and on the 8th day he made trucks so that man, made on the 7th day, had shelter when woman threw him out for the night"
Old 27-09-08, 12:21
CMP Modeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by cliff View Post
The only thing that cannot be changed is the scale. The Tamiya kit is closer to 1/32 scale then 1/35 so this would be impossible to fix but the other detail inaccuracies could be fixed by a modeller using plastic strip and sheet.

My main winge about kits like this, resin or plastic, is why do manufacturers put all that time and effort into a kit like this, charge like a wounded bull pricewise and fail to make it a bit more accurate to prove it is worth the purchase price. Yes using the Tamiya kit as a base saved money but I bet this saving will not be reflected in the kits retail price when it is released.

The Tamiya Quad kit is an old timer and does make up to a decent (but not scale accurate) kit. For years people have known of it's scale inaccuracy so why start a new kit with a 'wrong' base? I made a true to scale 11 cab GS 3 tonner and used a few of the Tamiya bits such as wheels and diffs but I did make the cab and body to 1/35 scale. It was easy enough to do once I had got off my chuff and found and measured a real one. In fact the measured vehicle was one of the Kingaroy trucks from several years ago.

pictured is the model I made
Cliff,
I've made a few inaccurate models from the Tamiya kit, 3-tonner, 15 cwt, F8 Muliner-Park ward Staff car, 3 ton 2pounder A/T Portee, & all this time I've had to make do with narrowing down the bonnet wings and having to leave the radiator bonnet centre alone through lack of a good plan. Do you have such & would you be willing to let me have a copy please? All costs covered of course!
Howard
Old 27-09-08, 12:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by chippyrail View Post
Cliff,
I've made a few inaccurate models from the Tamiya kit, 3-tonner, 15 cwt, F8 Muliner-Park ward Staff car, 3 ton 2pounder A/T Portee, & all this time I've had to make do with narrowing down the bonnet wings and having to leave the radiator bonnet centre alone through lack of a good plan. Do you have such & would you be willing to let me have a copy please? All costs covered of course!
Howard
Howard I would have to search through all my spare discs to see what I have. I don't think I drew plans but just converted all real measurements to a scale size. I am happy to share so if I find anything I will email you through the forum here but give me a week or so please.

I also made resin molds of the front and rear axles to 1/35 scale for the Ford CMP and the 1939-1941 Ford M/H conversions as well. As my modelling days are finished due to health I still have to make up my mind what I will do with all the CMP 13 cab molds I have as well.

Old 27-09-08, 12:51
CMP Modeller

Thanks for the answer Cliff I look forward to whatever you find. The moulds sound interesting though!
All the best,
Howard
P.S. You live in the same state as our daughter, out there last year!
Old 28-09-08, 09:22

Thanks for the info, Cliff. I recognized the same behaviour of the "resin manufacturers" as well regarding some models of the LRDG-Chevy; it seems that a lot of the parts are ust copied from the TAMIYA model without checking, if they really fit to an earlier Chevy WA as well. And since the resin models are normally quite high in price, the one who buys them expects it to be in scale....