MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > 'B' ECHELON > The Sergeants' Mess

Notices

Old 22-04-12, 03:00

Default Collectors License

What sort of documentation / license is required in NSW to be able to own a WW2 artillery piece?

Are you required to belong to a club / society to obtain such a permit?

What length of time are you required to be a member before you are permitted to purchase a artillery piece?
Old 24-04-12, 20:26
Terry Warner

An artillery piece wouldn't seem like the dangerous item, it is just steel with the ammunition. Most artillery projectiles are explosive in one form or another. On the other hand, many tank shells can be dumb flying objects, except for maybe a tracer. To have some 'by the book' police official tell you what you can and cannot own, seems an unreasonable intrusion on your study of history. I think you really need to get a copy of his book and look for the exceptions to the rule.

Yesteday I received a CD with copies of all firearms-related correspondence with my name on it held by the Royal Canadian Mounted Police. There is a standard application form, and if you use words the cops recognize, they are duty bound to provide the information. Certainly there is a similar regulation in Australia. Just start asking. If you don't make enemies, at least you will learn how your government works.

- 74-????? M151A2
- 70-08876 M38A1
- 53-71233 M100CDN trailer

Beware! The Green Disease walks among us!
Old 25-04-12, 21:32

"To have some 'by the book' police official tell you what you can and cannot own, seems an unreasonable intrusion on your study of history.": Terry, welcome to the great Australian experience of anything that goes - or used to go - bang or boom!!

'I think you really need to get a copy of his book and look for the exceptions to the rule'. .... Yep the exceptions are anything the copper decides to 'accept', the rest are illegal. Even toy guns now have to have big orange ends on the barrel to indicate they are plastic toys.

In Australia, if it looks like a weapon, it is.

Mike C