MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > MILITARY VEHICLES > The Restoration Forum

Notices

Old 17-03-13, 15:16

Default Looking for HUP fuel line routing

Hi am am install fuel tanks an a 1943 HUP, I am looking for a photo of the fuel line routing . Where it goes through the frame from the tank . If any one has such a photo it would be helpful to me.
Thanks
Old 17-03-13, 15:42

Default Would you be.....

Welcome on board.....

.....are you the Les Fissher located near the Pickering Museum...?

Do you remember moving a Dodge radio truck to Hammond Ont. near Ottawa in 1990 ??????

Rob Clarke that works at the barn on a HUP and /or Phil Waterman's site my be able to help you.

Have you acquired a HUP recently..?

Bob Carriere
Canada
Old 17-03-13, 17:30

Yes I live near museum . The HUP does not belong to me. I can't say I remember the radio van, but that would just be my memory . I look at the WAterman site you spoke about but haven't found what I was looking for.
Old 18-03-13, 03:45

Default How time flies.....

That was back in 1990 so it is possible you may have forgotten. Also brought back a UC smoke discharger back to the CWM that you had borrowed to replicate.

Anyways......Rob C. has HUPs at the barn...... not sure the location of the fuel line will lend itself to photos but will try and maybe sketch something for you......

Any photos of what you are working on..?

Bob C
Canada
Old 18-03-13, 03:52
Mr. HUP

Default Fuel Lines

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Carriere View Post
...Rob C. has HUPs at the barn...... not sure the location of the fuel line will lend itself to photos but will try and maybe sketch something for you...... Any photos of what you are working on..?
Bob C
Bob, et al,

I have not yet worked on pre-1945 HUP fuel lines, so I couldn't provide input. However, I am sure that the manual has the necessary diagram.

Les, You may wish to contact Grant Bowker (AKA Mr. Manual) on this forum - he can fix you up with a copy of a manual.
Old 18-03-13, 04:20

Default Duh.....

Hi Rob

Yes......Duh we are still running our trucks on outnoard motor fuel tank.... first thing to go is memory....

Any chance we can..... snow permitting and 12 inches on the way.... find the information from the frames in the back field..... do you ahev a HUP back there that still has one or both tanks...?

I would suspect they are probably similar to the C15a.

I would suspect the fuel line from the cab 11/12 to go through the frame because the floor plate bolts on the frame.....but on a HUP and a cab 13 they may actually go over the frame since there is space provided........

Hang in there Les will figure it out or someone else will chime in.

Bob
Canada
Old 18-03-13, 06:40

Thumbs up Next weekend....

Hey Les: I'll be out to the shop next weekend and can take some photos for you. I have to do some more photos for Jonathan Moore (Wales... A Plea For Help) so a few more won't be a fuss. Cheers.....Robert
Old 18-03-13, 22:15
Mr. HUP

Default Hup fuel lines

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Carriere View Post
Any chance we can..... snow permitting and 12 inches on the way.... find the information from the frames in the back field..... do you ahev a HUP back there that still has one or both tanks... Bob
Bob, Normally I would jump right on this, but as you know, we have a "fixation" in Hammond on a minor thing called "the weather". All joking aside, R. Morrison and others have been good enough provide this info, which is also illustrated in the C8A-HB2 manual available through Grant Bowker.

Last edited by RHClarke; 18-03-13 at 23:27.
Old 18-03-13, 22:55

Default Question, where is your fuel filter?

Hi Les

I've got some photos on my web site but unfortunately they are not key word described so the search feature won't find them. But I'll keep looking and I'm sure somebody will post photos soon.

But I have a question where is the fuel filter located? Because I believe there where two different locations which would change the routing of the lines.

The late HUPs like my 1945 have the filter bolted to the outer edge of the body so that it is on the inside of the body frame rail with a hole in the floor next to the drivers seat to unscrew the filter bowel.

While I'm unsure if the earlier ones had the fuel filter on the inside of the actual frame rail like on the larger CMPs.

Cheers Phil
`45 HUP
http://canadianmilitarypattern.com/
New e-mail Philip@canadianmilitarypattern.com
Old 19-03-13, 02:29

Les, you crap all over me for my memory and you don't remember delivering Bob's truck? We used your (now mine) trailer and my orange Ford one ton and delivered that heavy beast to Hammond. It is still a fond memory for me because you bought lunch.
Barry

Every twenty minute job is one broken bolt away from a three day ordeal.
Old 19-03-13, 21:02

Ok thanks for your input everyone. I think I have figured it out. The 1943 Hup has the fuel filter on the inside of the frame near the battery box. I looked at 1500 weight CMP's and the routing is a little differant as the fuel line goes through the frame just a head of the tank. It seems that the HUP line goes along the back of the tank then up over the frame to the switching valve them to the fuel fillter.
Les...