MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > MILITARY VEHICLES > The Softskin Forum

Notices

Old 31-08-06, 05:27

Default Found '41 Ford 15cwt southern Alberta (Same as post in For Sale)

OK, here's the long, sad story....
I found this last year on a trip to the Royal Tyrell; I don't know much about CMP's, but as we entered town I spotted the bed & bows from a distance and it was unmistakable, so I spent the rest of the day hiking the badlands looking at dinosaurs with the family and hoping SWMBO would let me check it out upon leaving. She grudgingly let me pull in to the yard at dusk and it was worth it: a '41 (d.o.d. 11-11-41) Ford 4X2 truck; I think 15cwt no. 12 cab? I thought 8cwt last year, but it has a large cargo bed. It appears to have original markings and teenagers have not yet stolen the "V8" emblem. I've had a couple of vehicles stolen before I could move them to the ranch so I'm ultra-sensitive to nice stuff getting trashed. Maybe Canada's not so bad in that department.
Anyway, I HAD to have this truck; I tracked down the owner and hoped to strike a long-distance deal, but farming has dealt me another bad hand this year, so if you're in the Calgary or Edmonton area I told him I'd post here so it can hopefully be saved from becoming a firewood hauler. Last time I talked to him he said he'd been meaning to sell.
I only have video & not sure if I can do a video still on my PC, but it's a nice truck. Maybe if someone picks it up and keeps it for a while, I'll hit it big & you can double your money on me...!

Cheers!

----Tom Hall MVPA #5965
'39 GMC ACKX
'40 GMC ACKWX
'42 MBT
'42 M-M NTX
'42 Chevy YP
'43 GTBC Bomb Service X2
'43 G8T
'45 WC-64KD

Last edited by Tom Hall; 31-08-06 at 05:48.
Old 31-08-06, 15:59
MLU Administrator

Default Re: Found '41 Ford 15cwt southern Alberta (Same as post in For Sale)

Quote:
Originally posted by Tom Hall
I only have video & not sure if I can do a video still on my PC, but it's a nice truck.
Tom, sounds like a great find! I'm sure our Canadian friends here will follow up this lead. If you e-mail me your video, I'll make some stills and post them here for you. Alternatively, if you can hook up your video to your PC you can easily make stills by hitting <Pause> on your VCR and then hitting <PrintScreen> on your keyboard.

Regards,
Hanno

P.S.: I removed your double posting from the For Sale section as technically you don't have it for sale.
Old 31-08-06, 18:36
MLU Administrator

Default Re: Found '41 Ford 15cwt southern Alberta (Same as post in For Sale)

Quote:
Originally posted by Tom Hall
a '41 (d.o.d. 11-11-41) Ford 4X2 truck; I think 15cwt no. 12 cab? I thought 8cwt last year, but it has a large cargo bed.
Tom, did the "large cargo bed" look like this? Shown below is an F8 8-cwt with the so-called "long" cargo box.

H.

Source: http://bcoy1cpb.pacdat.net/cmp_canad...ry_pattern.htm
Old 19-08-07, 06:49

Default '41 Ford 8cwt in Drumheller

Here's a hopeful lead for those of you around Calgary or Edmonton.
It's a '41 (d.o.d. 11-11-41) Ford 8cwt 4X2 truck; I'm ashamed to say that I've lost the contact info for the owner--I haven't talked to him in almost a year, but I've concluded there's no way (at least now) I can afford to buy it & ship to California. I hope I impressed on him how nice the truck is so he doesn't sell it to a torch-happy hot-rod teenager or firewood hauler...
Anyway, Drumheller is a small enough town that it should be easy to spot, in the southeast part of town a couple hundred feet north of the main drag (Railway Ave?) I spotted its top bows sticking up when we pulled into Drumheller to visit the Royal Tyrell and made a mental to beg my wife to check it out as we left town, and it was about the nicest unrestored truck I've ever seen; in Southern California someone would have stolen the "Ford" and "V8" emblems right off the cab--hopefully the teens in Drumheller have better manners. It's only missing the tailgate. Markings: left fender--white "10" on yellow square, right fender "P" on green square
I promised him I would try to post some video grabs of it but my video went belly up. He assumed I wanted a finder's fee, but I (stupidly) said I just wanted to get it into the hands of a "loving home". If I win the lottery I'll beg to get again.
Anyone seen this truck, or bought it already?

------Tom "no good Californian" Hall
Old 19-08-07, 07:00

Default Hanno got me this pic'

Completely forgot I posted this whole story last year and Hanno linked to this photo of a similar "long bed" truck. But you guys knew what it looked like already...

http://bcoy1cpb.pacdat.net/CMP_F8_Ne...RADEX_1999.jpg
Old 19-08-07, 13:39
David Pope

That F8 was picked up by a collector in southern Alberta. It is surprisingly complete.
1940 Cab 11 F15A w/ Chev rear ends
1941 Cab 12 F15A
1942-44 Cab 13 F15A x 5
1942 cab 13 F15A with 2B1 box
1943 cab 13 F15A with 2H1 box
1943 Cab 13 C8A HUP
1944 Cab 13 C15A with 2C1 box
1943 Cletrac M2 High Speed Tractor
MkII Bren gun carrier chassis x 2
Old 19-08-07, 17:55

Default Re: F8

Thank goodness. The guy who owned it originally wanted to use as a wood-hauler, but it had 2-wheel drive, so he parked and started looking for an M-37 to bang around.
Good thing for that collector it got parked!
If I ever become wealthy, I'll make an offer he can't refuse...

---Tom "waiting for the Brinks truck with a spike-strip" Hall