MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > Canadian Military Vehicle Organisations > Ontario Military Vehicle Association News

Notices

Old 09-11-05, 01:38

Default OMVA Executive Meet

The OMVA is having an executive meeting at 12 noon saturday immediately following the Parts Show. A discussion of next years events will take place and will be firmed up. These events and dates will be published on the MLU site for all to see.
For the information of those curious members.......and don't tell me you haven't wondered......Over 45 % of our members are in the Toronto area, (incl. Oshawa) 18 % in Western Ontario and 12 % in Eastern Ontario. One of the subjects to be discussed will be making Mr. Loy a chapter by himself for all the support he gives to the hobby. Show doors open at 8:00, Show runs to noon.
Food on premises, see you there.
Old 09-11-05, 03:07

Will there ever be a meeting for us peones? Seems the big shots get together for their little huddle but nothing filters down to us underlings. Reminds me of the Liberals.
Barry
Old 09-11-05, 04:02

Default Meeting for the Churcher.

Meeting? Peons? Let me think.........NO
We briefly entertained the idea and someone mentioned you would probably attend and we immediately scrapped it.
Some mention was made about a restaurant with a liquor license and again your name came up and we scrapped it. I know you're tied up Sunday mornings (literally) and you're in Church in the afternoons and teach Sunday school after that. Then too you work Saturdays. It's tough to work around your schedule.
HOWEVER......In February there may be an Officers Mess in Toronto for just that purpose.
Old 09-11-05, 07:40

Default OMVA Meetings

Barry, you are not alone on this one. The executive peons have had only one meeting this year, right after the Feb 2005 show.

Peter has scheduled this one with no warning and myself, Eric and Richard cannot attend. Syd, Chris E., Chris S. (the new website guy) and Frank von Rosensteil (didn't know that he was back did you ?) are possibles but their attendance is unknown to me.

Also don't know where Peter got his membership location numbers. Not from me and I'm the club membership secretary. Not sure where he located his boundary lines for West, Toronto or East.

I do know that the club has had a massive membership drop over the last three years. And those members have been telling me that they are leaving because the club has, for years, done nothing for members living outside of the Toronto area. Other than Eric's fine CMP magazine that is.

And most of that loss has been in the areas that I believe Peter is refering to as West and East. I'm actually surprised that we have managed to retain as much as 18% and 12% of our membership base in those areas, if Peter's numbers are correct.

I guess the questions that I would ask Peter if I could attend the upcoming Acton meeting are: What is the club going to do in 2006 for the 55% of fee paying members who don't live in Toronto/Oshawa ? And why has it taken so many years ?

Robert Dabkowski
OMVA Membership Secretary

Last edited by Robert Dabkowski; 09-11-05 at 08:00.
Old 09-11-05, 13:24
T-16, C15A

Default Re: OMVA Executive Meet

Quote:
One of the subjects to be discussed will be making Mr. Loy a chapter by himself for all the support he gives to the hobby.
And somebody once called me a 'fat bastard' - ha! Now I have my own area code - who's 'phat' now?! ( me still, I know, its just with all that great food at the MV events ..... ).

See you all on Saturday.

Stewart

PS - when I was younger I played a lots of soccer and was quite often called an 'athletic supporter'.
Old 10-11-05, 01:43
HUP guy

Default re: Meeting for the Churcher

Peter,

You said, " .....I know you're tied up Sunday mornings (literally) and ......"

I was over at Barry's place recently (no, it was not on a Sunday morning.....but I can tell you on Sunday mornings he is occupied although not really 'tied up' ) and Barry said he had a picture of himself with you. Perhaps Barry would post it here for us.

Brian
Old 11-11-05, 03:02

Default Peones

Barry.....I noticed you asked for a meeting for the peones. In Icelandic that is a small rodent, with grey hair that eats everything it can find. Ooops....I se...You may have been correct.
Brian....If you have a photo of Barry and I is it wide angle????
Old 12-11-05, 05:29

This is the photo that Brian is refering to. Frank von Rosenstiel was in the garage yesterday and he says this is not Peter. He says Peter isn't that tall.
Cheers,
Barry
Attached Thumbnails
sema michelin.jpg  
Old 12-11-05, 05:34

Default SorryPeter

I won't be able to attend on Saturday. Janet wants to trade saturday and Sunday and well, what can I say. The main man has to participate as you can well imagine. Save some of your junk for me to overpay for later.

Cheers,
Barry
Old 13-11-05, 00:42

Default Stuff

Good one on the photo. Now of course I have to find one of you.
Missed you at the show, but I still have 5 bullets. Shame on you for blaming your absence, which wasn't noticed by anyone but me, on your dear wife. Since you weren't there all the dealers went home with a lot less cash.