MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > Canadian Military Vehicle Organisations > Ontario Military Vehicle Association News

Notices

Old 20-08-15, 17:17

Default stepped down as Editor of CMP

Hello

As those who receive CMP Magazine should know by now, I have stepped down as Editor of CMP Magazine.

After 15 years of being Editor and an Active Executive member I felt that it was time to step down.

I appreciate those who supported myself as well as CMP Magazine and the OMVA over the years.

Thank You

Eric
Old 21-08-15, 12:55

Dear Eric,

On behalf of all members current and past I would like to thank you for what you did as editor.

I enjoyed working with you and even contributing myself. Thanks for the encouragement to write for you.

Great legacy from 15 years

You will be missed

Robin
Old 21-08-15, 17:52

Default cmp mag

thanks Eric for years of hard work, positive attitude and a great job!!!
Old 21-08-15, 20:13

Default Cmp

Hello Guys

Thanks

I kinda got stuck in the position, as Robin had agreed to be the joint Editor of CMP when I agreed to take on the role...Then he moved away.

I think he set me up.

The first issue was printed on word with the photos taped in, before being copied at the printers.

It became much easier once I went to a publishing program and was able to scan photos and got myself a digital camera.

I enjoyed it even though it was a great deal of work.

It was rewarding, educational and I felt I contributed to the hobby and the OMVA. I also met many interesting people and it opened me up to writing. I have published my own work related history book, A WW2 CDN Jeep book for Clive (with an M151A2 version waiting for editing), wrote chapters for Lloyd White's MB series and continue to work on my much more detailed WW2 CDN Jeep and trailer book and a family military book.

I also have 3 MV's to keep running and finish restoring (with a little help from my friends), so I still have lots to keep me busy, and that does not include work.

I really felt it was time for new blood to take over and with all of the OMVA Executive positions finally filled I felt it was a good time to step down.

Thanks

Eric
Old 22-08-15, 00:18
Brian Asbury

Default Thank You Eric

Hello Eric,
I am sure I am not the only one who has appreciated CMP Magazine while you have been editor. It is hard work to generate material and every editor has added his flavour to the Magazine. The latest issue has an excellent summary of the long history of OMVA and recognition of all the members who contributed along the way.
It may seem a bit old-fashioned but I think a printed CMP Magazine still has a lot to contribute to the success of OMVA. A potential new editor is lurking out there somewhere; please step forward! .............. Brian