Notices

Old 22-08-06, 23:05
Brad Mills

Default \

\
Old 25-08-06, 04:42

Default Got some.....

Hi Brads

I have some of these bulbs.... I waited to see if a whole bunch would respond first so I would not look so stupid.....

For the love of God I cannot remove the bulb from the reflector.

I have a few NOS bulbs in the reflector but to date have not been able to remove said bulb without risking breaking something...

Can someone give me a clue...????

Bob
Canada
Old 25-08-06, 06:44

I really didn't try to hard to get them out in one piece. However if I had I might have saved myself some grief later when I bought new bulbs. I couldn't get the dam things to work, I tried testing and sanding the ends and measureing the depth to make sure the contacts went deep enough but it was an embarasingly long time before I figured out that the contacts in the receptical were 90 degrees of centre to thecontacts on the bulb!
I couldn't get any other bulbs so I heated up the solder on the mounting ring of the bulb, quickly rotated it 90 degrees andquenched it, worked about 1/2 the time without iether screwing up iether the high or low beam on a bulb. Cheers Bob and all. I don;t know when I'll get back East again, any body coming out to Vancouver for work or pleasure in the Future?
Old 29-08-06, 04:44

Default Still clueless.....

Hi Harry

To many things on the go to travel West although I am over due to visit my daughter in Langley..... but may save the $$ to fly her home when Mom passes away..... she has been rotting away slowly for the last 5 months with bowel cancer...... there is something to be said about being run over by a bus leaving the pub and dying in dignity!!!!

I don't want to break the bulbs or the reflectors...... I tried squeezing the spring sides on the bulb but can't seem to twist it at the same time...... maybe a need a third hand and will wait for Rob's visit.......

BooBee
Canada